Is there anything worse than....

jpcaine

Reaction score
Handicap
Having your round rained out...sheesh! Seems to always happen when I've had a great week of practice at the range. Smh. I feel like a kid thyself lost his puppy!

Having your round rained out...sheesh! Seems to always happen when I've had a great week of practice at the range. Smh. I feel like a kid thyself lost his puppy!

Hate that for you jpc, we haven't seen a drop here in middle Georgia today.

Yup. Have had it happen once pretty sad though

No rain to speak of for weeks here in Dallas. Getting very dry. Has to rain hard to keep me from playing but lightning makes me forget about golf real quick.

I wish it rained while i was playing in my tournament! It was a heat index of 113 and climbing and I was walking 18. I wish it would just start sprinkling and cool down, but I admit, I do hate when your round gets raing out.

Feel your pain but we have not seen rain in a 8 weeks or so and are under all kinds of water and energy restrictions with it being 107-110 out this week!

With that said, if I could pay my green fee and make it rain...I would.

No there really isn't.. It's terrible

Tap tap taparoo

I know something worse.....

Playing a par 3 with a shot over water and some women starts swimming out into the middle of the pond trying to take her life away.

Note: this didn't happen to me, but happened at the course I work at.

Wish we could get some around here to cause a rainout.

most courses near me need the rain! everything is dying! but rain alone won't keep me in spent some good money on a Footjoy rain suit earlier this year. Actually played a few rounds in the rain this year when i got my new irons and i couldn't wait till it was a nice day.

how about being on pace to shoot about 76 and then promptly topping 4 balls off of a par 4 and walking off with a 10.

how about being on pace to shoot about 76 and then promptly topping 4 balls off of a par 4 and walking off with a 10.

Ouch, that is flat out brutal.

I've had several get "rained out" lately. We've had these little pop up thunderstorms come lately and it was almost a daily thing to have the siren blow and they bring everybody in because there is lightning in the area. There were at least 5 times recently where this happened and not one time did the course get a drop of rain. That kind of stuff ticks me off.

I got rained out a few weeks ago.

+10000 on this thread. I'm praying to no rain this weekend.

I hate that. There will be other days. That's what's great about the game, it's always gonna be there and it isn't going anywhere. That's one great thing about Florida, the great weather days outweigh the bad ones, so I don't gripe too hard when it happens. I feel your pain though.

hate getting rained out!

I know something worse.....

Playing a par 3 with a shot over water and some women starts swimming out into the middle of the pond trying to take her life away.

Note: this didn't happen to me, but happened at the course I work at.

Why was she swimming then? :sarcastic:

I'll see the rain and raise you maintenance. I had been looking forward for quite some time to playing a course Wednesday morning, while I was on vacation. Walked into the shop and noticed the floor was rather sandy...just punched the greens!

After record spring rains, I think I have had no more than 1 to 1.5 inches the whole summer to date. Been super hot and dry here.

Driving over 4 hours to Charlotte one way to get completely rained out. I should have known better than listening to my friend. :banghead:

Of course, another afternoon Florida shower comes along today. Was supposed to be on the course yesterday, rain. Today, rain.

you get used to it over here. you just gotta learn to have all your gear in the bag at all times

Why was she swimming then? :sarcastic:

I'll see the rain and raise you maintenance. I had been looking forward for quite some time to playing a course Wednesday morning, while I was on vacation. Walked into the shop and noticed the floor was rather sandy...just punched the greens!

To get to the part that's deep enough that she couldn't touch.

Back