TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

I hit mine at the range this morning, was getting a nice high flight with a little fade most of the time. It's just so easy to get the ball airborne with this club, even easier than it was with the Mashie.

I think the key for me is a nice easy swing, no need to try to go after it at all

this club def needs a smooth in control swing put on it, i think 99% of the people that have it and have commented in this thread would agree with that

I hit mine at the range this morning, was getting a nice high flight with a little fade most of the time. It's just so easy to get the ball airborne with this club, even easier than it was with the Mashie.

I think the key for me is a nice easy swing, no need to try to go after it at all

this club def needs a smooth in control swing put on it, i think 99% of the people that have it and have commented in this thread would agree with that

Most definately. This is definately a club that I have to remember to let the club do the work. A herky-jerky swing that is too quick, usually leads to poor results.

I'm still hot and cold with the Rescue 11, there are much more hot days than cold, but I hate the cold days. When I'm swinging it well, the thing is a freaking cannon, and the 4 hybrid and I love each other. Off the tee, off the deck I use it 4-5 times a round. I only really use the 3 hybrid off the tee, because I rarely run into a yardage off the fairway that the 4 hybrid can't get me there, and I'm not as consistant with the 3 off the fairway. Either way, they are good hybrids, and look great.

Used the Rescue 11 today for the first time on the course. I have it set to 20* so that I have a 5* gap between all my woods (10, 15 and 20). Off the tee it is great and I can hit it both ways with relative ease. Gets up in the air quickly and just seems to hang for ever.

Only had 1 opportunity to hit it from the deck and that was a downhill lie, caught it slightly fat but still got close to 200 yards out of it

Looking forward to getting back out on the course this weekend and using this club. After my tournament two weeks ago I decided to take a little time off, I played 9 holes once last week because my brother asked, but other than that I took some time off because I was struggling with my swing and felt I just needed to take some time off and let the millions of swing thoughts that were in my head get out of there. I need to get back to the basics. I always enjoy pulling this club from the bag, and even during my recent struggles with my swing I have still hit the Rescue great. I think it is partly because you have to put a smoothe swing on it to hit it well, so I just tend to have a great tempo with it. I need to carry that tempo over to my other clubs because I think that is my problem. Anyway, looking forward to getting back out and I will be sure to post about any shots I have with this club afterward.

Looking forward to getting back out on the course this weekend and using this club. After my tournament two weeks ago I decided to take a little time off, I played 9 holes once last week because my brother asked, but other than that I took some time off because I was struggling with my swing and felt I just needed to take some time off and let the millions of swing thoughts that were in my head get out of there. I need to get back to the basics. I always enjoy pulling this club from the bag, and even during my recent struggles with my swing I have still hit the Rescue great. I think it is partly because you have to put a smoothe swing on it to hit it well, so I just tend to have a great tempo with it. I need to carry that tempo over to my other clubs because I think that is my problem. Anyway, looking forward to getting back out and I will be sure to post about any shots I have with this club afterward.

a little time off never hurt nobody lol, hopefully your swing is back when you play. Im playing in the morning so i will have a update tomorrow

Just purchased one today. Playing the monthly medal at the club so will update how it fares on the course.

Today I played a 224 yard par three. I was kind of grousing about it before teeing off. My daughter said put like a smooth but firm swing on your 21* hybrid. I was all like that can't get there I don't think. She was like it will hit on the front of the green and roll out a bit. I was like I doubt it, but okay. Pow! 4' past the hole. That 2 looked especially nice on the card.

I need to trust this thing more, especially with a smooth swing. Quick is no good.

Kevin

Today I played a 224 yard par three. I was kind of grousing about it before teeing off. My daughter said put like a smooth but firm swing on your 21* hybrid. I was all like that can't get there I don't think. She was like it will hit on the front of the green and roll out a bit. I was like I doubt it, but okay. Pow! 4' past the hole. That 2 looked especially nice on the card.

I need to trust this thing more, especially with a smooth swing. Quick is no good.

Kevin

exactly, smooth swing does wonders with this hybrid, trying to kill it and getting quick always ends in a bad result

Kevin

Nice bird Esox. I have been working hard with my 18* lately. I definitely agree with swinging smooth. Quick equals a weak slice for me.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Nice bird Esox. I have been working hard with my 18* lately. I definitely agree with swinging smooth. Quick equals a weak slice for me.

I usually toe it and pop it up. Had another par 3 today about 200. Instead of choking down on the hybrid I toed a 4i into a pond that shouldn't have come into play. I hit two stupid ass shots today and that was one of them.

Kevin

I had a breakthrough with these hybrids today, and am now very happy with them.

I usually toe it and pop it up. Had another par 3 today about 200. Instead of choking down on the hybrid I toed a 4i into a pond that shouldn't have come into play. I hit two stupid ass shots today and that was one of them.

Kevin

Sounds like my round today, but instead of two stupid shots it was more like 10. The hybrid worked well though.

had a very very rough day today with all clubs, hit the Rescue11 twice and both were bad, one hook and one topper, just horrible, its not the club's fault though.

I had a breakthrough with these hybrids today, and am now very happy with them.

What changed?

I was closing the face on mine dutiful takeaway- when I opened it a touch I was hitting some nice shots on the range to 205 marker

I hit these in the simulator yesterday and they felt great... Seriously thinking about adding one to the bag with the TP RIP shaft..

It is kind of laughable how far those stupid golf galaxy monitors show the ball going..

Finally catching up on this thread cause I've been considering getting one. I hit the club great at my local pro shop and it felt great. A nice smooth swing with this did wonders on the range. The ball flew of the face and had a solid trajectory. I loved the stock shaft and think TM did a great job pairing this club and shaft. Great reviews too everyone!

Exactly 10YD! Everytime I try and step on the hybrids, I always end up with bad results. They are so good if you swing easy and not go for the home run shot!
exactly, smooth swing does wonders with this hybrid, trying to kill it and getting quick always ends in a bad result

I completely agree with this, except that quick for me equals fore left! I've been having much more success lately with smooth swings, I hit a nice little draw or 5-yard push with the club; I know that it's more of a path issue than a club issue, but the ballflight does not curve as much when I take a smooth swing.

Exactly 10YD! Everytime I try and step on the hybrids, I always end up with bad results. They are so good if you swing easy and not go for the home run shot!

yup, for some reason these hybrids have to have a smooth swing put on them which isnt a bad thing IMO

Question for you all, when your adjusting your loft on the hybrid, does it mess with the lie also?

Question for you all, when your adjusting your loft on the hybrid, does it mess with the lie also?

Good question. I have lowered the loft of my 4 Rescue to 20*. Looking at the face it appears to be in exactly the same position as it was when it was at 21*. It hasn't made a difference to the shot shape either.

If it is the same as the driver and fw then lowering the loft should open the face slightly and raiding it will close it

it affects face angle, it only affects lie when you put it in the upright position which is +1* upright, hope that helps, IE: lowering loft by a full degree will open the face 2*, raising loft by a full degree will close the face 2*, raising loft by .5* will close the face by 1*, lowering loft by .5* will open the face 1*

Had a great day with the Rescue11 today, played allot better than yesterday and was hitting everything great, i hit the rescue11 a couple times, first into a longer par3 that was around 215-220 with the wind today, hit a high draw that landed on the front left of the green and released about 2 foot, second shot was into a par 5, used the Rescue11 for my layup and hit it perfect and left me exactly 100 yards into the green.

R11 Rescue FINALLY arrived today (went for the 4-21*).

Had a few swings at 21*, then dialed it down to 20* and everything clicked.

First round tomorrow. Can't wait! :banana:

Back