Driver Fitting Tomorrow

That is a great driver you picked up there Murray. Keep us posted on how it works on the course for you.

Just had a session with it at the range and leaked a few to the right. I am probably over thinking this, but I never actually hit the stiff shaft yesterday as the reg was working out for me. I forget whether you need stiff if it goes right or left. I am pretty sure I am fine though as I hit it pretty well 80% of the time.

Too soft - usually right misses for rightys

My swing speed is 100.9... dunno if that helps. The guy seemed to know his stuff though

Too soft - usually right misses for rightys

It's the other way around if I'm not mistaken. Too soft = to the left for right-handed players. Stiff = to the right.

And just because the misses are a little right, doesn't mean it's "too stiff" for you.

That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)

This club isn't working out all that great to be honest. I have to slow my swing down, otherwise the shaft is too whippy for me. It seems I am in the middle between reg and stiff, even though my SS is/was 100.9. Going back on Wednesday for further testing I think

This club isn't working out all that great to be honest. I have to slow my swing down, otherwise the shaft is too whippy for me. It seems I am in the middle between reg and stiff, even though my SS is/was 100.9. Going back on Wednesday for further testing I think

I have a SS around 106-107 and play regular shafts, that being said it does nothing for you. I like a softer shaft and with my current club, the dispersion isn´t terrible for me.

I´m by no means an expert but to me it sounds like you´re overloading the shaft (Maybe you have a quick turn at the top of your swing?) Coming down to the ball with the shaft overflexed impacting the ball with a slightly more opened face - causing fades or pushfades.

Here´s a thing you could try before ditching the club. Pause at the top of your swing before you turn. It could help with the overload, if that is the case.

If you´re still not happy I say go back to the shop, you paid good money for the fitting so you should walk away with a club that fits you.

When I slowed the swing down I hit it well. All the time I just felt there was another 20 yards if I swung normally. I like the club and get on ok with it, it just doesn't feel like it's been fitted for me. Thanks for the advice, was helpful

Sounds like you´ll be returning the driver then? Would that be a problem or do you have the right to testdrive a fitted club, I mean are there any guarantees?

Hope it works out for you!

I love my Cleveland SL290. I have a regular flex with a swing speed in the low 80s. I would think a stiff flex would work fine for you with your swing speed. It took me a while to get used to this driver but I didn't give up on it and I absolutely love it now!

Sounds like you´ll be returning the driver then? Would that be a problem or do you have the right to testdrive a fitted club, I mean are there any guarantees?

Hope it works out for you!
I don't want to as I like the driver, it's just the shaft seems to not agree with me all that well. I will go back and have another mini fitting on Wednesday. I spoke to the manager and said it wouldnt be a problem sorting something out for me

I hope it works out for you. The manager sounds understanding.

I hope it works out for you. The manager sounds understanding.

I've spent £1000's there so he probably doesn't want to annoy me! :) This club might be fine to be honest, might just be me. Just feels a little flexible when I try and push the club. When I put a smooth swing on it it is ok... which is what I probably should be doing anyway, I guess

Gonna stick with it I think. Even though there is something at the back of my mind that says this isn't perfect for me, I seem to hit it ok.

Having another fitting today! This should show some interesting results I think.

Good luck with the fitting! I´m pumped as my new Cobra ZL just arrived today. No way I´m going to the range in this weather though, maybe tomorrow.

Fittings have been frustrating for me. I've done way to many, imo, to find the right combo of distance and accuracy. It might be because of my wildly long arms, and scary short legs! Im 6'5 with the legs of jockey! But none-the-less, with patience and help the fitter and I have figured it out. 8º loft, +1 upright, 43.5", Stiff.

Today the club I walked away with was the worst! I did feel better today (had a slight virus last week) and had a lesson in-between which probably helped. I was between the Nike and R11, but in the end, the Nike came out on top. So looking forward to it arriving :)

Having a disaster with this in truth. Trying the Adilia RIP in it now

Back