Trying to Break 80 Club

Yes!! You will win as I am so up and down but this wager will have me on the practice green during the week more

1) Cap is 11.1. I don't have a GHIN though. It's kept through the Skycaddie which uses the same system as OOB which I think is very similar to GHIN
2) You can decide that. My season is year round
3) Something fun. I will have to think about it.

Oh, I don't know about that, I'm very up and down myself.

Well my golf season is year round as well, but our HC's are frozen I think at the end of November because then its very very wet and cold and golf is much more difficult, so I will find out what the exact day that is, but from that point on my HC will not change so that seems like the ending point.
Hmmmm something fun you say, I will have to think about it, but I'm in no matter what.

So since we are only 0.3 off of each other and that can change in a heartbeat we can call it even and basically see who has the lower HC by the end of the year.

Oh, I don't know about that, I'm very up and down myself.

Well my golf season is year round as well, but our HC's are frozen I think at the end of November because then its very very wet and cold and golf is much more difficult, so I will find out what the exact day that is, but from that point on my HC will not change so that seems like the ending point.
Hmmmm something fun you say, I will have to think about it, but I'm in no matter what.

So since we are only 0.3 off of each other and that can change in a heartbeat we can call it even and basically see who has the lower HC by the end of the year.

Absolutely.

Shot a 39/40; 79. Third time to break 80 ever. Also happens to be my third time breaking 80 in my last 6 rounds!

The work I have been putting in on my short game feels like it's finally paying off.

Shot a 39/40; 79. Third time to break 80 ever. Also happens to be my third time breaking 80 in my last 6 rounds!

The work I have been putting in on my short game feels like it's finally paying off.

great job! i think after you break 80 once mentally its so much easier to break 80 again

Missed it by 1 stroke today. Shot an even 80, if not for the greens I would have easily been in the 70's. All greens were aerated and rolled, no grass at all. The lack of rain is really hurting courses around here that don't have a watering system.

Missed it by 1 stroke today. Shot an even 80, if not for the greens I would have easily been in the 70's. All greens were aerated and rolled, no grass at all. The lack of rain is really hurting courses around here that don't have a watering system.

Makes you want to scream, doesn't it?

On the other hand, you're getting closer and you KNOW your game is there, so it's just a matter of time.

Hang in there brutha! :thumb:

Makes you want to scream, doesn't it?

On the other hand, you're getting closer and you KNOW your game is there, so it's just a matter of time.

Hang in there brutha! :thumb:

Man I knew I was close as I had 2 identical 9's. Last hole was a par5 and I chunked my 2nd shot which left me 200 to a front pin. Very narrow green with water left and hazard right. I hit my 4 iron and left it 6 feet short of the green. Nice chip up to 5 feet and 2 putted for bogey. Greens were horrid but I do know I can get in the 70's. Problem now is I start a new job tomorrow which for time being is 6 days a week. My HC is down to a 12.8 but that will go up only getting to play a few times a month now.

Man I knew I was close as I had 2 identical 9's. Last hole was a par5 and I chunked my 2nd shot which left me 200 to a front pin. Very narrow green with water left and hazard right. I hit my 4 iron and left it 6 feet short of the green. Nice chip up to 5 feet and 2 putted for bogey. Greens were horrid but I do know I can get in the 70's. Problem now is I start a new job tomorrow which for time being is 6 days a week. My HC is down to a 12.8 but that will go up only getting to play a few times a month now.

Or you could look at it this way:

Yes, the new job will leave you less time for golf, but maybe that's just what you need right now. Sometimes the best way to clear a hurdle is to stop trying for a bit and then come back to it with a fresh outlook.
I usually play on Tuesdays, but I had some last minute work come my way so I might not even play this week at all.
I'm looking at it as a blessing in that it breaks a cycle and will take my mind off breaking 80.
Maybe I'll try to get to the range a time or two instead and the next time out. "Breaking 80" might not feel so "important", which is probably just what I need. :D

P.S. Good luck in the new job!

great job! i think after you break 80 once mentally its so much easier to break 80 again

Thanks. A lot of it is mental, thats for sure. My first time every breaking 80 was a 78, my other two sub 80 rounds are a 78 and a 79 (today). So now my focus is breaking 78...the game keeps creeping into my head.

I haven't broken 80 in a long time. I played a lot when I was younger and I was decent. But then I got married and had kids and only played about 4-5 times a year for about 15 years. I got back into it last year. I joined a league with some buddies. I only play once a week, occasionally more. But I am getting the fever again. Best I have shot this year is 82, and it easily could of been better. But I guess every time you go out, no matter how good you shoot you can think of a couple shots that could of been better.

I was working within a few of 80 on each round and then got my wrist fixed. So now im starting over. I shot a 90 on sat and was a little sore today so i am not to discurraged. I will break 80 berfore the end fo the year. I know it will be alot of time on the range and hitting into the net in the back yard but I will not quit. I have to be prepaired for the show down on Sept 10th to. I dont want to look like a fool out there.

I had the pleasure of posting my 78 here a month ago and then found out I had torn the cartilage in my wrist and was put into a cast for 4 weeks. I am happy to say that I just got that cast off and I am anxiously waiting until I can post another sub 80 round on hear, there is still enough summer left for me to get some rounds in! Congrats to all the people who broke 80 while I was on my sabbatical from golf.

This has been a pretty special year for me so far as I've broken 80 six times so far, but playing 5 to 6 times a week makes that a pretty poor average. Todays score sucked, but I cant say I was even in the mood to play after the loooong scramble yesterday. Some great shots sprinkled with stinkers.

don't feel bad i went back and counted in a 2 year time frame while trying to break 80 for the first time i shot an even 80 11 times. i could have killed someone! lol

I called my shot that I was going to break 80 today and the golf gods saw that I guess and thought they would be funny! I was playing great, I hit all but 2 fairways and those I just missed, and average today was 270. I only hit 4 GIR but here is where the Golf gods were being funny, I was driving the ball so well that I left myself with wedges and short irons into greens all day and I was striping them too, problem was they always ended up in bad spots or did things that would normally never happen. First hole, 56* wedge that I purposely aimed a little left as there is a big slope that kicks everything down onto the green if the ball doesn't draw for me, ball goes straight with a little draw, and then somehow sticks on the hill with a brutal lie in the rough crazy down hill side hill. 3rd hole, 52* wedge into the green, I stripe in right at the flag, I land 5 yards behind the green and then it sucks back and spins right off the green into a collection area. I NEVER spin the ball back like that. This continued all day, anyway, I'm really happy with the way I was hitting the ball today, and ended up shooting an 89, but that is mostly due to a triple on the first, and 3 doubles from the terrible lies I got myself into. I apologize to the golf gods for calling my shot and won't ever do it again.

I called my shot that I was going to break 80 today and the golf gods saw that I guess and thought they would be funny! I was playing great, I hit all but 2 fairways and those I just missed, and average today was 270. I only hit 4 GIR but here is where the Golf gods were being funny, I was driving the ball so well that I left myself with wedges and short irons into greens all day and I was striping them too, problem was they always ended up in bad spots or did things that would normally never happen. First hole, 56* wedge that I purposely aimed a little left as there is a big slope that kicks everything down onto the green if the ball doesn't draw for me, ball goes straight with a little draw, and then somehow sticks on the hill with a brutal lie in the rough crazy down hill side hill. 3rd hole, 52* wedge into the green, I stripe in right at the flag, I land 5 yards behind the green and then it sucks back and spins right off the green into a collection area. I NEVER spin the ball back like that. This continued all day, anyway, I'm really happy with the way I was hitting the ball today, and ended up shooting an 89, but that is mostly due to a triple on the first, and 3 doubles from the terrible lies I got myself into. I apologize to the golf gods for calling my shot and won't ever do it again.

lol i was waiting to see how you made out today CB... sounds like you played well though and sounds like you're close! glad the golf gods have been appreciating the time ive been putting in at the range and putting green! lol

lol i was waiting to see how you made out today CB... sounds like you played well though and sounds like you're close! glad the golf gods have been appreciating the time ive been putting in at the range and putting green! lol

Thanks man, considering the score, I played great today, maybe the best I've played tee to green ever, I just got myself into crazy lies and spots all day.

Your first problem CB wasn't that u called ur shot. It's that it was Sunday.

Your first problem CB wasn't that u called ur shot. It's that it was Sunday.

Thats true buddy, it was SLOOOOOOWWWWW out there today, don't worry though, we will play out there this week.

Good to hear you were hitting the ball well. Was really hoping that after you called your shot the other night that you were going to come on and tell us you shot in the 70's. Keep at it, it will happen.

This is my ultimate goal this year! Closest was an 87 on Course #2 at Ponkapoag Golf Course in Canton, MA.

don't feel bad i went back and counted in a 2 year time frame while trying to break 80 for the first time i shot an even 80 11 times. i could have killed someone! lol

Ha, for me this year I have had two 81's and the 80 yesterday. It sucks but I know I will be there at some point. With the new job I can only play maybe 2 rounds a month now but I pass the range on the way home so its going to be serious practice time.

Two more rounds in the 70's today with a 78 then a 77. That's 4 in the last 5 rounds. Feels amazing. YAY!

Two more rounds in the 70's today with a 78 then a 77. That's 4 in the last 5 rounds. Feels amazing. YAY!

Good work Jman! 3 of my last 6 have been in the 70's. I had gone my entire life without going in the 70's, then do it 3 times in less than a month.

Keep up the low scores!

Back