Cleveland CG16 Irons - PHOTOS!!!

Dannyka,
I really liked your review and you have me considering the clubs, but the fact that you are having trouble holding greens on well struck shots is more than a little bit concerning.

Sorry, I should have specified that it's with the longer clubs. I definitely don't have the problem with the 9 & PW. Yesterday, I took them out for 9 and stuck an 8-iron on a 150 yd approach (slight headwind which probably helped). In fact, I spun it back about three feet. I don't usually do that with an 8 anyway, so it was probably the wind helping a little there, but I'm not going to worry too much about it at this point. I think as I get more used to these, I'll get it figured out. If I'm still noticing this after some more rounds and thinking of it as a problem, I'll definitely post an update here.

However, if you have the chance, take them out for a demo round yourself and see what you find. :thumb:

Those are pretty sweet. A good looking set from Cleveland.

good looking clubs!

I just stumbled upon these while looking on a popular site, and found out that with a discount they fall into my price range. Some nice looking clubs and I can't wait to try these out in the upcoming week. Really keeping my eyes on these.

I just stumbled upon these while looking on a popular site, and found out that with a discount they fall into my price range. Some nice looking clubs and I can't wait to try these out in the upcoming week. Really keeping my eyes on these.

You won't be disappointed! I'm liking them more and more each time I hit them.

You won't be disappointed! I'm liking them more and more each time I hit them.

Since I see that you have them, do they hold up their color or do they look pretty rough after a few rounds with that black finish. I understand that golf is all about plowing a club into the ground, but I would just like to know that before putting this cash out that they hold up pretty good. I'm a freak about my equipment.

Since I see that you have them, do they hold up their color or do they look pretty rough after a few rounds with that black finish. I understand that golf is all about plowing a club into the ground, but I would just like to know that before putting this cash out that they hold up pretty good. I'm a freak about my equipment.

Hi Brett. I have the Black Pearl CG16s and I can tell you that the color does wear a bit on the face. I actually like the look of it myself, but that's purely preference. If you've ever had a darker finish wedge, you'll know what I mean. It's not as pronounced but it is there. I'll take a picture tonight when I get home if I can remember.

Hi Brett. I have the Black Pearl CG16s and I can tell you that the color does wear a bit on the face. I actually like the look of it myself, but that's purely preference. If you've ever had a darker finish wedge, you'll know what I mean. It's not as pronounced but it is there. I'll take a picture tonight when I get home if I can remember.

Alright, sounds good! But really both finishes look great. It's just an overall good looking set of irons either way from what I have seen.

I agree these irons are very good looking and from the reviews I have read you wont be dissapointed.

So here are the photos of my CG16s. I apologize for the dirty clubs. I played this afternoon and haven't had a chance to clean them yet.

Here's the 9 iron. It's one of the most worn of the bunch.

IMG_0381.jpg

And here's my 48˚. It's not part of the set, but a CG16 wedge with the same finish.

IMG_0382.jpg

It's more noticeable in the sunlight. Sorry for my mediocre camera skills.

I've had these clubs since about mid-March and I play ~9-27 holes a week depending.

I will say that the new finish seems to be a little more resilient than their previous finishes. Here is my CG14 60˚ that I got a season or two ago.

IMG_0383.jpg

As you can tell, it has been used a bunch. This club has gotten me into and out of plenty of trouble! :D

Hope this helps.

Sure does! Thanks for that. They appeared to hold up better than what I thought they would. Really helps with my choice and thanks again.

Sure does! Thanks for that. They appeared to hold up better than what I thought they would. Really helps with my choice and thanks again.

If you can get fit instead of off the rack. I just got this babies,and they are so sweet. They added about 30 yards to each club . I can hit my 5i 180 yards I couldn't hit any of my other set that distance at all you will love these. I got the regular finish. was afraid of the wear as well. Good Luck

Sure thing. As wcueb said, get fit if you can. I gained about a club distance wise when I got mine. I'm sure some of that is the lower lofts but I think the fitting helped as well. I do love the way these look at address as well. I am very satisfied with my purchase. Let me know if you have any other questions.

tap tap tap...

I actually went with the Satin finish. I really liked the way that Black finish looked, but the shop gave me a black set out to demo and I could see the wear and some scratches that demo set picked up. For me, I think the scratches bothered me more than anything. I actually kind of liked the way the black was wearing. That said, I'm sure you'll take much better care of your irons and the black will age very nicely!

I think I'm finally getting the hang of these irons. This past weekend they helped me to shoot a 79 on Saturday (tied my lowest score ever), then shoot a 78 on Monday, the 4th. Lowest score yet! Regardless of whether I was on the fairway or in the rough, they helped me hit the ball nice and straight and hit quite a few GIR. Just wish I could putt!

I got the 7,8,9 and p. From everything that I read on this forum. Very true great clubs. Nice straight distance with great flight. I got the stiff shaft. The 9 and pw shafts both snapped. About a quarter of the way up. I used these irons less tha 10 outings. Very disappointed.

I got the 7,8,9 and p. From everything that I read on this forum. Very true great clubs. Nice straight distance with great flight. I got the stiff shaft. The 9 and pw shafts both snapped. About a quarter of the way up. I used these irons less tha 10 outings. Very disappointed.

Did you buy these from a chain or Cleveland direct? I would imagine either way that there should be some way to get replacements if all you've played is 10 rounds.

That is very strange in deed. Where were these purchased from?
We have had a few of these sets and they take a crazy beating at THP Demo Days and not had any issues as of yet.
Things do happen, especially with shafts, but I would be speaking with the store I bought them from immediately.

Yep I would definitely hit the store you bought them from as that is not the norm for these or any brand of irons IMO.

Just call Cleveland Customer Service, they'll replace the irons at no cost to you most likely. I had a problem with my golf bag and they are sending me a new one, was a very hassle free experience.

How is the satin finish holding up for you guys that opted for that instead of the black pearl? I'm picking up a set of these soon and really can't decide which color I like better. They both look awesome to me so it is basically coming down to the integrity of the finish after they've been through some play.

The satin holds up extremely well.

How is the satin finish holding up for you guys that opted for that instead of the black pearl? I'm picking up a set of these soon and really can't decide which color I like better. They both look awesome to me.

I have the satin finish and they are holding up very well for me. I play a good bit of golf so they are getting hit and banged around often and still look great :thumb:

I have the satin finish and they are holding up very well for me. I play a good bit of golf so they are getting hit and banged around often and still look great :thumb:

Awesome, good to hear. I don't replace clubs often so it looks like I'll be going with the satin finish. I might even completely copy you and throw some blue medium sized Winn grips on there :D

Awesome, good to hear. I don't replace clubs often so it looks like I'll be going with the satin finish. I might even completely copy you and throw some blue medium sized Winn grips on there :D

Good job RC Golf! The blue medium sized Winn grips and the CG16 satin irons are the ticket. Beautiful combo and I have had several people gawking over my irons :thumb:

Back