Great Golf Quotes

This is one of my favorites:

But in the end it's still a game of golf, and if at the end of the day if you can't shake hands with your opponents and still be friends, then you've missed the point.

Payne Stewart

Excuse me I'm looking for my ball, this is golf!

"Do me a favor and pull the flag and while your over there, in 2 seconds grab my ball from the bottom of the cup"
~ Me before making a putt to beat a buddy of mine. Thank god I made that putt lol

"Happiness is a long walk with a putter" - Greg "The Shark" Norman

Golf is a game in which you yell "fore"... shoot six... and write down five.
~ Paul Harvey

It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. I did it in one afternoon on the golf course.
~ Hank Aaron

I have a tip that can take five strokes off anyone's golf game. It is called an eraser.
~ Arnold Palmer

Golf is a game where the ball always lies poorly and the player always lies well.
~ Anonymous

I tried real hard to play golf, and I was so bad at it they would have to check me for ticks at the end of the round because I'd spent about half the day in the woods.
~ Jeff Foxworthy

Golf is played by twenty million mature American men whose wives think they are out having fun.
~ Jim Bishop

Keep close count of your nickels and dimes, stay away from whiskey, and never concede a putt.
~ Sam Snead

"You drive for show but you putt for dough" Bobby Locke

"100% of the putts that are short....never go in."

"You're not that good....to be getting that mad."

One of the most hated words/phrases in golf... You're still away.

"100% of the putts that are short....never go in."

"You're not that good....to be getting that mad."

Remember after the Open at Carnoustie with Van De Veld and the quip that he could have won just playing the 18th with only his putter Never Compromise came out with a video of him going back and playing it just with his putter and they had a quote in that video that "90% of all putts that don't make it to the hole don't go in" - which I like better because of the wrongness. :)

"You're longer than a life sentence" Bobby G local Scranton golf pro

"You're longer than a life sentence" Bobby G local Scranton golf pro

Love when you quote Bobby G-zuss! (especially when they are about me!)

"Three Bad Shots and One Great Shot Saves Par"--Walter Hagen

Back