2024 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

150.4 on my scale this morning. It's been several weeks since I saw that. I'm much happier at that weight or below.

Man I forgot how tough getting to 11:30 before any calories can be. Once I'm used to it I'll be good to go but the first couple of days is tough.

Wife made a batch of egg-bites yesterday. They are really good. Hadn't had any lunch yet and ate one cold and it was still good.

She did sausage and spinach for half and bacon and bell peppers for another batch.

Wife made a batch of egg-bites yesterday. They are really good. Hadn't had any lunch yet and ate one cold and it was still good.

She did sausage and spinach for half and bacon and bell peppers for another batch.
That’s awesome. Virtually no sugar.

Those are a go-to for me. I make a big batch every Sunday and snack on them during the week. They are fantastic.

That’s awesome. Virtually no sugar.
Once you start tracking what you are eating it's crazy how much sugar is in everything.
Those are a go-to for me. I make a big batch every Sunday and snack on them during the week. They are fantastic.
They’re such a good snack. And filling. I want to say the size cups end up being like 1 egg and a tablespoon of cottage cheese plus whatever protein but it fills you like a 3 egg omelet would.

Once you start tracking what you are eating it's crazy how much sugar is in everything.

They’re such a good snack. And filling. I want to say the size cups end up being like 1 egg and a tablespoon of cottage cheese plus whatever protein but it fills you like a 3 egg omelet would.
Sugar just kind of shows up out of the blue. Even things that say no sugar added have a lot of sugar sometimes, naturally.

Another week of sticking to the diet and exercise without cheating and still slowly seeing the weight come off. I am encouraged seeing others on similar paths

Another week of sticking to the diet and exercise without cheating and still slowly seeing the weight come off. I am encouraged seeing others on similar paths
Same here, back at my nutrition goals for the last 6 days after two weeks of being on a deload at the gym and not being super restrictive. I didnt gain during those two weeks, but back at it being strict and Ive dropped 4 lbs.

I am almost a full month into being gluten free now and it's incredible how my joint pain is gone, not a little better, but completely gone. I haven't felt like I have been deprived of anything, but the last couple of days I have really missed tortillas. The problem is I don't love corn tortillas, which are gluten free, and the gluten free options in the store are ridiculously expensive, I refuse to pay that. I may have to try and make my own, because all this talk of breakfast burritos has me wanting one haha.

I have used egg wraps, but they aren't the same, they don't really hold up well, and I don't love the spongy texture. The cinnamon ones aren't bad with yogurt and fruit, but the regular ones are ok at best, and also really expensive.

It is nuts, you don't really comprehend it until you start tracking.
So many labels calling it something else, etc.

But added sugar, just for the sake of added sugar is mind blowing.

@GolferGal and I once did the 10 days with no sugar at all. It was super hard having to go through and just find stuff that we could eat that wasn't just plain meat, but we did it. It was pretty darn cool.

It is nuts, you don't really comprehend it until you start tracking.
So many labels calling it something else, etc.

But added sugar, just for the sake of added sugar is mind blowing.

@GolferGal and I once did the 10 days with no sugar at all. It was super hard having to go through and just find stuff that we could eat that wasn't just plain meat, but we did it. It was pretty darn cool.
Correction, you did it. I didn't even make it but a few hours. I look for added sugars, not natural sugars, I will never avoid fruit because it has sugar, and I don't even think about carbs. My focus is always on making sure I get enough protein and calories.

I am almost a full month into being gluten free now and it's incredible how my joint pain is gone, not a little better, but completely gone. I haven't felt like I have been deprived of anything, but the last couple of days I have really missed tortillas. The problem is I don't love corn tortillas, which are gluten free, and the gluten free options in the store are ridiculously expensive, I refuse to pay that. I may have to try and make my own, because all this talk of breakfast burritos has me wanting one haha.

I have used egg wraps, but they aren't the same, they don't really hold up well, and I don't love the spongy texture. The cinnamon ones aren't bad with yogurt and fruit, but the regular ones are ok at best, and also really expensive.
That is awesome to hear that your joint pain is going away, I've heard that a lot and I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm right there with you with the corn tortillas, when I spent a lot of time in Mexico that was the default but it has never been my favorite.

I would highly suggest making homemade tortillas.

1709816273309.png

Do it with almond flour. It's not perfect, but those are my favorite ones and super sturdy.

That is awesome to hear that your joint pain is going away, I've heard that a lot and I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm right there with you with the corn tortillas, when I spent a lot of time in Mexico that was the default but it has never been my favorite.

I would highly suggest making homemade tortillas.

View attachment 9246940

Do it with almond flour. It's not perfect, but those are my favorite ones and super sturdy.
I appreciate it, but unfortunately, that's way too many calories for me for a tortilla. I am going to try the greek yogurt and gluten free flour tortilla and see how it goes. I still need to try the bagel version of that as well. With JB gone next week, I see a lot of my time spent experimenting in the kitchen.

I appreciate it, but unfortunately, that's way too many calories for me for a tortilla. I am going to try the greek yogurt and gluten free flour tortilla and see how it goes. I still need to try the bagel version of that as well. With JB gone next week, I see a lot of my time spent experimenting in the kitchen.
You haven’t made the bagels yet?! You will love them!

You haven’t made the bagels yet?! You will love them!
I am ashamed to say it, but no, I haven't. I keep meaning to and then forget. I found a recipe with gluten free flour so I know the ratio will be correct, now I just need to make them. I'm planning a lot of food prepping this weekend.

I am ashamed to say it, but no, I haven't. I keep meaning to and then forget. I found a recipe with gluten free flour so I know the ratio will be correct, now I just need to make them. I'm planning a lot of food prepping this weekend.
Do you weigh your baking measurements or just the traditional cup method?

I sub some stuff but not a ton, I have found with baking my foods tend to come out better when I do them by weight instead of "cup".

I get it - those are really big as well. You could make them smaller and it would have less calories - but almond flour is higher calorie and lower carb count than traditional flour. I'm sure all stuff you know, just throwing it out there.

They are great, kids request them at least once a week for dinner. Super easy.

The intermittent fasting is getting easier. First 4 days were rough going to 1130 before eating. Now it's becoming routine.

This new workout group I've joined is at 6pm. After two years of working out at 430pm then having dinner at 6-7pm, has me a little off. My wife made grilled chicken, quinoa with peas & carrots and we had homemade guac from the day before. I was pretty hungry by the time I got home and grabbed a shower. I told her I felt like I could eat as much as I wanted of all of the dinner. I think I had 4 pieces of chicken (cut up breasts, probably 2 oz. each) and 2 servings of quinoa. Hot sauce and guac, it was great.

So I stopped eating corn/flour tortillas with most of my meals (as a Mexican, this is very difficult lol), and I have noticed a change in my body.
I feel a bit lighter. I have replaced rice with vegetables and stopped drinking sodas.

2 months ago I weighed 175 lbs and now I am at 165 lbs. Currently working towards 150 lbs then increasing to 155-160 lbs with muscle growth.

Has not been easy, especially since I love eating burgers and junk food.

My tip: eat till your stomach is satisfied, not full.

Back