nippon 1050gh shaft flex

milehighgolfer

Hacking at Altitude
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Looking to bid on some z-stars with the 1050gh shafts. I am in between stiff and regular flexes and was wondering if it is accurate that they play almost a flex lower. My iron ss is 87 which puts me at the top of regular flex and close to the bottom of stiff. My concern is the regulars will play to "whippy".

Anyone out there playing the regular flex in this shaft?

I know JB plays these. Do you find them true to flex?

Thanks for any help.

OK, let me run this by everyone to see if i'm on target with my thinking. I will need to lengthen my shafts by 1/2" anyway, so if I select the stiffs and softstep them I should end up with a firm flex and the lengths I need. Right?

Thanks for any input.

I play the Z-Star's with the stiff shaft 1" longer and have a similar swing speed you have. If your between the two flex's I would opt for getting stiff shafts, but that's just me.

They are a great feeling shaft

I play the Z-Star's with the stiff shaft 1" longer and have a similar swing speed you have. If your between the two flex's I would opt for getting stiff shafts, but that's just me.

Thanks for the input, I think I will go for the stiff and then soft-step them to solve my over-length needs and bring the flex down some. That is assuming I am not missing something here.

I forgot to ask, do you think the extra 1 inch made them much softer?

THX

My driver swing speed is right around 95, which is typically considered right on the edge as well. I play a very tip soft driver shaft. I played the 1030H stiff in the Cobra S3's and really liked the trajectory they offered. Not sure how they compare to the GH, but I assume they are similar?

My driver swing speed is right around 95, which is typically considered right on the edge as well. I play a very tip soft driver shaft. I played the 1030H stiff in the Cobra S3's and really liked the trajectory they offered. Not sure how they compare to the GH, but I assume they are similar?

Speaking of the S3's, I hit them this week and was really surprised how nice they hit. If I don't snag these Z-stars, I will look at them again. I just swing this shaft so nice, I feel like I could have a brick on the end of one and still hit it sweet.

Speaking of the S3's, I hit them this week and was really surprised how nice they hit. If I don't snag these Z-stars, I will look at them again. I just swing this shaft so nice, I feel like I could have a brick on the end of one and still hit it sweet.

I don't even like posting in this thread because it makes me want to get my hands on those iron shafts again. I'd love Nippon to get some shafts over to THP so TC can do a review on them.

I forgot to ask, do you think the extra 1 inch made them much softer?

THX

It may have, but isn't enough for me to notice. I hit the standard length ones only while being fitted and was weeks before I hit them again when mine arrived.

Damnit, just got outbid at the last second by a huge overbid. On a 3ball auction {imagine that!}. Oh well, I will continue my search for these clubs with these shafts.

Damnit, just got outbid at the last second by a huge overbid. On a 3ball auction {imagine that!}. Oh well, I will continue my search for these clubs with these shafts.

You and me both buddy. I was the leader for about ten seconds haha.

Back