How To Select a Driver Shaft?

Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows how to select a driver shaft? I have no way to try out different shafts so it would be hit or miss. All I do know is I'm looking for a mid-launching shaft that's not to heavy and doesn't generate a lot of spin. That's not much to go on. My other shaft snapped at the tip and the driver head went flying down the tee box.

Thanks for your time.

For me, I do all of my club work with a custom fitter, so if I were thinking I need a change, I would go to him, tell him what I'm thinking. I'm sure we would then get on the monitor and see some numbers with my current setup, and go from there.

I thought you had a fitter available Sean that fit you for the House of Forged. I remember you said you loved the shaft.

Google True Temper and ShaftFit.

You can also do the same for UST Mamiya

I thought you had a fitter available Sean that fit you for the House of Forged. I remember you said you loved the shaft.
He's in Ohio JB and no longer carries the HOF line. I'm contacting HOF to see if they'll replace the shaft. If not, I'm looking for alternatives. I really did like the shaft, but I'd be reluctant to replace it with another one if this is what happens.

Sean, define light weight for me: are you looking for something in the 60g range or 50g range?

Google True Temper and ShaftFit.

You can also do the same for UST Mamiya
Thanks Hawk!

Thanks JRod!

Sean, define light weight for me: are you looking for something in the 60g range or 50g range?
I was thinking in the 50g range TC since I play a 47-inch driver. It would be stiff flex as well...that's what Mr. Gomes of Nicklaus Golf recommended.

I'm off to meet Arydolphin...he's going to be my guest at my practice facility.

That fitting tool thinks I need an extra stiff shaft! Not sure that's correct

Sean my local Golf Galaxy has a driver fitting for $15 right now (normal price $30)..maybe try that out and see what shaft works best for your swing?

Well then, those are interesting sites. Should give me something to toy with all day at work, rather than actually doing work.

Sean my local Golf Galaxy has a driver fitting for $15 right now (normal price $30)..maybe try that out and see what shaft works best for your swing?
Thanks m-910! I'll see where they are located.

Back