Vision Golf Ball Forum Review Thread

003.jpg

Finally. This is the Early UV ball that Smergen is having fun with. No way would I attempt to play with this ball.
And a few more.
004.jpg

And of course, cannot leave this one out.
005.jpg

Here ya go! Just use

It has arrived, my test pilot package from Visiongolfball arrived this evening. Special thanks to Boz and his team. Best customer service I think I have received. The responsiveness and now the quality of the product.
I have to look at these balls when it is light out. The house lights don't do them justice I suspect. I'll be putting with these tomorrow and in play later in the week at Reunion. I've included some pics

f3974226.jpg
package arrived
460034c9.jpg
little note from The Boz
99509bc3.jpg
goodies await
a80ba006.jpg
hat and visor with that sick logo!!
f9d44f8a.jpg
test pilot towel
3c718f17.jpg
package of tees and stickers (not for the bumper)
31da1477.jpg
pinky and artic (think I'm going to like the Artic)
75e06e19.jpg
808 and Gel

e54c83a2.jpg

3cd4262a.jpg
X3 looks like a high performance ball, crazy dimple pattern
4f813b30.jpg
UV X3 (my son's favorite)
7a0d0b38.jpg
a sweet glove, nice fit
e30c7d75.jpg

bc69cb9a.jpg

e5031cf1.jpg
the lid
efea24f7.jpg
the little man was attached to the visor, I'll keep both.
Thanks again Boz for the package and THP for bringing this brand to our attention

Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

The opposite, I am having to let the ball roll out to the hole. If I pitch close to the hole I end up way past usually.

Yeah Mike and Couldbeau...

You guys have hit on a very important point here.

Do we need to spin our short game shots?

The answer is ultimately no... Here is why...

I put a hula hoop around the hole and I give you 10 attempts to get to finish inside that hula hoop. For each one you get inside the hula hoop I give you $100, for each one you miss, you give me $100. What type of shot are you going to play to give yourself the best chance to take my money and keep yours? I guarantee you won't be flying it in and trying to spin it. More than likely you will drop the ball onto the green and try to roll it inside the hoop.

Here is the big disadvantage of "spin". We as amateur golfers never know exactly how much spin we put on the ball, nor do we control this amount of spin to a point where we know how much check we will get. There for you are always going to get different degrees of checking. How do you ever develop a consistant short game this way. If we begin just dropping the ball on the green and running it like a putt, all of a sudden we have distance control capabilities. We can use a variety of clubs to then vary our trajectory. Trajectory control will give you the results you are looking for. Lobbing the ball onto the green will give you a shorter run out than punching it low, and this is all without need to spin the ball.

If you get the ball to roll, it is more likely to go into the hole

Why do we putt the ball when we are on the green facing a 40 footer? Imagine you were handed your wedge and asked to spin it close instead. Which would give you the better results?

There is a method to the initial feeling of madness, I have holed out more shots with the Vision brand than with any other golf ball. Why? Because it allows me to be more consistent with my approach.

Stick with it guys and you will indeed get that light bulb moment, then look out, you will be deadly around the green.

Hope that helps...

Well, I did receive my package from Vision today and I am excited, however this a.m. I received a PM asking me to fill in for a tester in the blind test. I will be receiving the test package on Wednesday, so I am going to have to do just as T0AD and save the vision test pack until after I have completed testing of the blind test balls. I guess that is a win/win thing for sure.

Well, I did receive my package from Vision today and I am excited, however this a.m. I received a PM asking me to fill in for a tester in the blind test. I will be receiving the test package on Wednesday, so I am going to have to do just as T0AD and save the vision test pack until after I have completed testing of the blind test balls. I guess that is a win/win thing for sure.

You lucky dawg, have fun with the blind test DD. The package can wait, but it filled with goodies

Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

I put a hula hoop around the hole and I give you 10 attempts to get to finish inside that hula hoop. For each one you get inside the hula hoop I give you $100, for each one you miss, you give me $100. What type of shot are you going to play to give yourself the best chance to take my money and keep yours? I guarantee you won't be flying it in and trying to spin it. More than likely you will drop the ball onto the green and try to roll it inside the hoop.

Here is the big disadvantage of "spin". We as amateur golfers never know exactly how much spin we put on the ball, nor do we control this amount of spin to a point where we know how much check we will get. There for you are always going to get different degrees of checking. How do you ever develop a consistant short game this way. If we begin just dropping the ball on the green and running it like a putt, all of a sudden we have distance control capabilities. We can use a variety of clubs to then vary our trajectory. Trajectory control will give you the results you are looking for. Lobbing the ball onto the green will give you a shorter run out than punching it low, and this is all without need to spin the ball.

Why do we putt the ball when we are on the green facing a 40 footer? Imagine you were handed your wedge and asked to spin it close instead. Which would give you the better results?

There is a method to the initial feeling of madness, I have holed out more shots with the Vision brand than with any other golf ball. Why? Because it allows me to be more consistent with my approach.

Stick with it guys and you will indeed get that light bulb moment, then look out, you will be deadly around the green.

Hope that helps...

great post AB.... this is exactly what my instructor was telling me with my pitching lesson. i always used a 60* or 64* and tried to get it close and stop. now im using a 56* letting it roll close and almost holing out sometimes. plus its way more consistent of a shot IMO.

great post AB.... this is exactly what my instructor was telling me with my pitching lesson. i always used a 60* or 64* and tried to get it close and stop. now im using a 56* letting it roll close and almost holing out sometimes. plus its way more consistent of a shot IMO.

Buckjob, you are not alone there, I too used to throw the ball high when pitching. I quickly learned that if I lowered the trajectory, I became more exact with my landing and distance control. If you really trap it whilst hitting a lower flight, you actually get the ball to sit a little better also. But you (and your instructor) are on the money, a ball that is rolling has so much more chance of finding the bottom of the cup than one that is flying or spinning.

Another point regarding high spin...

Do we always get exact backspin around the central axis of the ball? How many times do we land a ball and it checks a little right or left? How can we possibly be consistent if the ball is also moving laterally along our target line?

Just found a couple of photos of the balls that I thought I would share with the THP crew...

The first is a picture of the Vision alignment aid against a black background. Thought it might be appropriate to share given the discussion with regards to how good this alignment logo is...

Vision_X3WhiteGoldS.jpg

The second one is a bit of a special sneak peek of a new Vision colour that is in the works... The Vision True Blue... Now for those of you who are not up with Australian pop culture, to be termed "True Blue" means that you are a real product of Australia, so it is a very special name to us over here... (Even been a song written by that title).

According to current visual tests being done at the moment, blue is also a colour that is highly visible in the peripheral vision region of the human eye. aThis may provide a further advantage to tracking and locating the golf ball on the course...

So without further ado here is True Blue

TruBlue-Sm.jpg

I like the blue color!

love the blue! pretty sweet! can't wait to open my package tomorrow and try these bad boys out!

Great looking ball. Seriously.

Buckjob, you are not alone there, I too used to throw the ball high when pitching. I quickly learned that if I lowered the trajectory, I became more exact with my landing and distance control. If you really trap it whilst hitting a lower flight, you actually get the ball to sit a little better also. But you (and your instructor) are on the money, a ball that is rolling has so much more chance of finding the bottom of the cup than one that is flying or spinning.

Another point regarding high spin...

Do we always get exact backspin around the central axis of the ball? How many times do we land a ball and it checks a little right or left? How can we possibly be consistent if the ball is also moving laterally along our target line?

That's one of the things I like best about the X3, it always seems to check and release straight. I really don't want a ball to back up, even when trying to put a lot of spin on it. If I misjudge a shot with my wedge and it lands on the front edge of the green, it so far hasn't spun back off the green with the X3's.

Hoping to get out to the course tomorrow and put the UV X3 back in play. Haven't played in about 10 days and I have the itch.

I have honestly never given so much thought into the ball I played. Generally, I always thought the ball was pretty much along for the ride. I having been using premium Titleists for as long as I can remember because I never wanted the ball to be an excuse. It realize it contradicts the idea the ball wasn't that important, but I am a mystery wrapped in an enigma. In recent weeks, my whole perception has changed. I have come to the realization that the ProV1x has not been doing me any favors.

I played another 18 holes on Sunday with the Vision balls concentrating on the X3 and X3 UV. I have not been able to determine any discernible difference with either ball, but I am definitely more comfortable with the X3. I guess it will take me some time to get used to the UV. Both are great off the tee, and they were true off my long and mid-irons. The Vision balls along with my teeing the ball a little lower resulted in some really nice drives. The lower ball flight resulted in some extra roll that I had been missing out on. The Visions really feel great when you hit it well.

I am definitely getting accustomed to the extra roll on the greens. I was lobbing the ball too far towards the hole and ended up with much longer putts than I would have liked. Being stubborn, it never dawned on my to land the ball farther away from the hole and let it roll close. It was much easier to blame my old wedges and give me an excuse to buy some new clubs. I will need to pay more attention and play for the extra roll this weekend.

I was chipping the ball very well as I almost holed out three times. The balls both rolled true on chips and putts of any distance. At times, I actually looked like I knew what I was doing. All in all, I am really happy with the X3, and I am sure the UV will grow on me. I look forward to getting out again next weekend.

I am super impressed with everything that came in the Vision package. I cant wait to get out there and test everything!!

Hope that helps...

Good post and god points. I am working on it and hope that I will get it down before my test balls run out. If I do then I will certainly be buying some more to use.

I went into the test with an open mind and after the first outing I could have easily given up, but I owed it to THP and Vision to give the balls a chance. Glad I did as slowly I am getting more and more used to them.

Boz has a great product here for sure

Stinks, don't it?? LOL

That blue ball is sweet!

I will be out playing 18 and testing the gel ball more than likely as I have already tested the UV and X3 extensively.

Man I would love me some BLUE (golf) balls :blob:! Blue is my favorite color so those will have to be on my to get list. Boz - Are the blue balls available for the public now and will they come in the X3 version?

Hi Guys, ok it looks like things are moving along,,,:D:D:D I hope you all enjoy the experience.

As you will have noticed I am always adding something new into these packs to see how
different products are received so please dont think every pack is the same as I like to
surprise my new players during the early days as that has been so effective to date in
allowing my players to feel special and as such understand that I believe the relationship
is a two way street.

ENJOY!

Boz.

You are the man Boz!!!

Hope that helps...

I am definitely not spinning it back, and am using a 50* GW, I am just not seeing nearly as much roll out as I was with the e6. 1 or 2 bounces, and then it stops. Not a complaint at all, as I prefer it, just a different result than everyone else apparently. Odd.

Just found a couple of photos of the balls that I thought I would share with the THP crew...

The first is a picture of the Vision alignment aid against a black background. Thought it might be appropriate to share given the discussion with regards to how good this alignment logo is...

Vision_X3WhiteGoldS.jpg

The second one is a bit of a special sneak peek of a new Vision colour that is in the works... The Vision True Blue... Now for those of you who are not up with Australian pop culture, to be termed "True Blue" means that you are a real product of Australia, so it is a very special name to us over here... (Even been a song written by that title).

According to current visual tests being done at the moment, blue is also a colour that is highly visible in the peripheral vision region of the human eye. aThis may provide a further advantage to tracking and locating the golf ball on the course...

So without further ado here is True Blue

TruBlue-Sm.jpg

I love TrueBlue! That is just a sweet looking ball.

That's one of the things I like best about the X3, it always seems to check and release straight. I really don't want a ball to back up, even when trying to put a lot of spin on it. If I misjudge a shot with my wedge and it lands on the front edge of the green, it so far hasn't spun back off the green with the X3's.

Definitely not backing it up, and not trying to put a ton of spin on it. Just the action I am getting.

I am definitely not spinning it back, and am using a 50* GW, I am just not seeing nearly as much roll out as I was with the e6. 1 or 2 bounces, and then it stops. Not a complaint at all, as I prefer it, just a different result than everyone else apparently. Odd.

This is what I am seeing when hitting full and 3/4 shots with the wedges but not from around the green

I can see the blue balls selling big time in N Carolina, now I am looking for the red ones to come out.

Back