Your Preferred Putter Grip

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I've got a couple used putters coming my way and I'd like to mess around with some putter grips. Will you share your favourite grip and give me some characteristics about it and why you prefer it?

I like a grip that isn't soft but isn't a brick either. I really liked the style of grip that came on my method 003.

I love the Iomic standard size putter grips. Smaller yet have the putter grip shape I love. I recently found a lamkin that is 1/4 of the price and will be putting that on this week. Similar shape and feel.

I love the Iomic standard size putter grips. Smaller yet have the putter grip shape I love. I recently found a lamkin that is 1/4 of the price and will be putting that on this week. Similar shape and feel.

I am planning to get an Iomic for sure, just undecided on the standard vs the midsize, and then whether to get the regular or try the absolute, which appears to be a bit more textured and possibly a bit softer..

Winn Triple line midsize and its not even close.

57465.jpg

I've got a couple used putters coming my way and I'd like to mess around with some putter grips. Will you share your favourite grip and give me some characteristics about it and why you prefer it?

I like a grip that isn't soft but isn't a brick either. I really liked the style of grip that came on my method 003.

Favorite grip I have ever had. I don't even know why. I just love the feel of it.

Coolbreeze, what the HELL is that?

My favorite right now is the Iomic standard size. Just a great fit and feel.

I use the Iomic mid size and it is pretty much a "standard" size to me, not too soft, not hard either. As with everyone it is a personal preference thing.

I have this on 2 different putters right now. I tried it on my Nike Method earlier in the year and really liked it. I just threw it on my Odyssey, we will see how it works. It's a little thicker than a standard grip, and weighs about 80 grams. Love the tackiness. Golf Pride VRAD shock is this one, there are different designs, if this is too loud for some.

kvdp_g-1_large.jpg

Coolbreeze, what the HELL is that?

My favorite right now is the Iomic standard size. Just a great fit and feel.

ITs a pic of a putter grip, and it rocks dude! I'm not putting with anything else from now on.

I really liked the style of grip that came on my method 003.
I also really like the grip on my nike method. The Pingman grip is still my favorite though.

I use the Winn breast cancer grips on all my putters in honor of my mom and grandma who had breast cancer. It has a nice soft feel and a great tacky grip for light grip pressure.

They really are some of the nicest feeling grips imo. I do like the standard odyssey's but generally something smaller is something I prefer.

You may want to look at the lamkins to just test out, they aren't as smooth but pretty darn close and only $5. You're only out $5 either way.

I am planning to get an Iomic for sure, just undecided on the standard vs the midsize, and then whether to get the regular or try the absolute, which appears to be a bit more textured and possibly a bit softer..

They really are some of the nicest feeling grips imo. I do like the standard odyssey's but generally something smaller is something I prefer.

You may want to look at the lamkins to just test out, they aren't as smooth but pretty darn close and only $5. You're only out $5 either way.

Yeah the EBL Pistol/Paddle looks solid. That might be the cheaper route I go beyond the Iomic. Thanks for sharing that dude.

No prob! As soon as I can its going on the DART.

Yeah the EBL Pistol/Paddle looks solid. That might be the cheaper route I go beyond the Iomic. Thanks for sharing that dude.

Winn AVS Mid-size pistol grip

Gripmaster/Bestgrips Leather wrap or stitchback.... skin and color may vary.

I've tried the iomic standard and midsized grips as well as the Ping PP58 (pingman) and the Winn AVS pistol grips in the past. I liked the iomics and Winn AVS, but I still come back to the Ping PP58 as I grew up gaming them as a kid and it's just easier to allign/set up. Also, the Ping is substantially thinner than the iomics, so I get more feel in the hands.

Winn AVS for me. Slightly larger than a standard grip and super soft.

I am all about the Iomic Midsize! I (heart) this grip!

Seems to be far more common to want the midsize in the Iomic eh? Is the standard really, really thin?

It's imo smaller than a normal, standard size putter grip.

Seems to be far more common to want the midsize in the Iomic eh? Is the standard really, really thin?

Very thin in my opinion. It's very similar to a Scotty Cameron Studio Design grip in shape if you are familar with those.

I have always been a Golf Pride Red Midsize because of the size and feel. I am switching to the Iomic Midsize Red....I had been reading up on the grips and just wanted to try it out. So far so good, I need a few more rounds to actually give you some honest feedback on it.

Winn Jumbo Putter Grips.

I have the Blue one on my old Spider and the Black one on my Ghost Spider.

winnjumboputter.jpg

Back