Ppl who grew up in the 80's and early 90's. this threads for you.

Going back that far, I'ld take TECMO BOWL over original madden.
I'm a HUGE madden guy now though hahaha.

Ready to get the next $60 roster update?

Rc pro am. Just fun.

Pro wrestling. Come on...star man??

Skate or die.

Excitebike
tap on deez

Good ones...very nice. Forgot about RC...

Drunk Hunt, I mean Duck hunt
Zelda
Dragon Quest

Honourable mentioned
Mike Tyson
Blade of Steel
Mario 1 and 3

Mike Tyson's Punch out
Blades of Steel
Legend of Zelda

HECK YEAH!!! I love all 3 of those.

For me I would say Blades of Steel, Zelda, and TMNT

Honorable Mention: Kings of the Beach - kudos to Yorkem! awesome game!
TMNT II, Ice Hockey, Super Mario III, Ninja Gaiden

3. Mike Tyson's Punch Out - obvious and previously mentioned reasons. to this day, this game still gets me so pissed off when i lose.

2. Dusty Diamond's All-Star Softball - not mentioned yet and relatively unknown (i think). This is the best baseball game for NES, period. If you don't have it, get it! Way better than: Bases Loaded, RBI, Little League Baseball, etc...

1. Tecmo Super Bowl - hands down winner as the best NES game ever, no questions. I'd rather play this game than Madden any day. Exhibition games are simple...Seasons and heads-up are where it's at. The 49ers are almost unbeatable in the Super Bowl.

I have tons of NES roms on my PC and I've also modded my Wii to play NES games (but you didn't hear me say that...)

Ooohhh I forgot one of the most fun games on NES...Super Dodgeball!!! THAT game was awesome...

Ooohhh I forgot one of the most fun games on NES...Super Dodgeball!!! THAT game was awesome...

SUPER DODGEBALL!!! Great game. Soooooo much trash talking going on with my friends back then. haha

Legend of Zelda
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out
Contra

Those are my absolute favorite games of all time. I still have my NES, and it WORKS!!! :smile:

Ikari Warriors was the other game. Spent countless days on that dumb game. If you played 2p and 1 player got too far ahead of the other you could get stuck on a wall and not be able to get off without resetting....after like 5 hours of playing. A, B, B, A was the new life code in that one.

1. Contra
2. Double Dragon
3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

i liked kicking some @$$ back in the day! lol

1. Contra
2. Double Dragon
3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

i liked kicking some @$$ back in the day! lol

Double Dragon was my number 4.

dang...forgot about Double Dragon!

No love for Paperboy? :)

1. Super Mario Bros.- My wife and I still play it on the Wii and it's a classic.
2. Paperboy- I loved the dirt track at the end of the street.
3. Duck Hunt- Sweet technology with the gun and I was awesome.

Double Dragon. That is all!

Cannot believe I forgot RBI Baseball! I am so ashamed.

U contra idiots

U u d d l r lr b a select start

Get it right!!!

1.) tecmo bowl!

2.) Zelda

3.) punch out

U contra idiots

U u d d l r lr b a select start

Get it right!!!

1.) tecmo bowl!

2.) Zelda

3.) punch out

Wrong!! you get the code right 2 B, A's and select is only for 2 players. BAM!

Ikari Warriors was the other game. Spent countless days on that dumb game. If you played 2p and 1 player got too far ahead of the other you could get stuck on a wall and not be able to get off without resetting....after like 5 hours of playing. A, B, B, A was the new life code in that one.

I still remember vividly... one day I was playing this game for approximately 10 hours off-an-on throughout the day. Furthest I had ever made it. When it was paused for a bit, my Mom had come in and turned the game off. I was FURIOUS. Didn't forgive her for the longest time... until she made me a grilled cheese that evening!

WOW!!! I love this thread. I thought i knew mine instantly then i started reading the thread and was like yep theres agood one, oh yeah thats good, and Oh man loved it!!! I was born in 76 so I was prime time for the Nintendo and so many already named were great then. One I didn't see was:

Major League Baseball - the little fat guys on the bases were awesome. My brother and I would go back and forth with this game for months. I remember us watching the 89 world series when an earthquake hit and the station went out and we just made our own world series. He was Oakland and I was the Giants (great memories)!

Super Mario Bros - is Iconic. We got so good at this game we challange to see he could beat it using the least lives, and you were only allowed 3 max. Sometimes we would repeatidly jump the turtle shell on the steps (I think it was 3-1) and get the unlimited guys. When I was 12 and broke my arm, I would wedge the controller into the cast and play 1 handed.

Contra was awesome but so was Blades of Steel. We also had the running pad for the Track & Field which was fun. So many good ones hard to pick a third.

Back