The Morgan Cup - Want to be a Tour Player?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumor has it that a large brown truck just showed up at THP HQ with some boxes.

Very interesting...hopefully another video thread is going to display the contents.

Rumor has it that a large brown truck just showed up at THP HQ with some boxes.

They the kind that might contain some serious r11 awesomeness!!!

Im calling southwest change my flight. Hahaha

Im only going to make a single post about this and then I will move on. But I want each person that is in this event to go back and read the 1st post of this thread. I dont think we ask for a lot here, but this is something I am asking for. Then answer one single question for me. Where does it say that equipment will be delivered at a certain date so people can practice with it? Hate me for posting this, call me a jerk, thats fine, but it needs to be said.

The truth is that when this started, everybody was going to show up and receive a staff bag and have it be full of equipment. There would be no practice and warmups or the getting to know it side of things. After speaking with the captains, it was chosen to move the equipment up and have people receive things ahead of time to help promote the brands that are making this possible. It was NEVER about getting comfortable with clubs. It was about promoting the brands that are making this all happen.

Behind closed doors, out in the public, or any place else, the fact that any person can complain about what is going on in this event is mind boggling to me. No comfort with irons? Who the hell cares? Who cares if someone shoots 100? Its not about that. It was never about that. Its about two brands coming together on a project that has never been done and giving an opportunity to 16 guys to have a weekend of golf like no other. Im truly saddened by all of this.

I dont want PM's saying this or that or anything else. I want people to put things in perspective from the 1st post and realize the bigger picture here. That companies have put forth something special through THP to have this take place and the talk of anything else sickens me.

And let me just put one more little thing out there. If someone shows up to Reunion with another brand of clubs in their bag or on their person for media day or their rounds of golf. I strongly urge you to not be anywhere near me because we will have more than words and that is a promise!

That is all I have to say on the matter. If you have a problem with this, direct it towards Morgan, I am done with it from here on out!

BOOOOOM!!!! That just happened. Hell of a good post there! I love it.

On the BOOOOM note, if someone bows out I will book a flight and gladly take your place and play whatever clubs are slated for you. :D

ETA: if that happens and I am on TP I apologize for all of the nasty things I have said. LMAO

It sucks that this post had to be made, I know I'm personally guilty of allowing myself to become frustrated but JB is right that originally we would have gotten everything when we showed up in Orlando. We all still loved the idea then and we need to remain mindful of how lucky we are. Thanks again to all parties involved in making this event possible!

PS: Cook, that was hilarious!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Completely understand JB, makes sense too now. At work so can't post much but will later

Jake's right. Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the drama. I know I've had some frustrations but I've been a great ambassador for my sponsor and will always be.

If I didn't start a new job yesterday I would be right next to Cook. Hell maybe even fly down just cuz but either way those that are playing are very lucky to be participants in the Morgan Cup. Team Paradise will bring the cup home, thats all!

I'm with Jake and TC that I've vented behind closed doors about some things and got caught up in some chatter.

I assure everyone that I know just how fortunate I am to be in this lucky group and have enjoyed every moment. I apologize if anything I wrote or said has taken away from that, even if some of it was in jest.

I'll continue to rep my sponsor and THP on and off the forum to the best of my ability.

Oh and taylormade has a staffer for life, the amount of work the put into this is amazing.

Every detail! Just look at those staff bags, unreal.

On the BOOOOM note, if someone bows out I will book a flight and gladly take your place and play whatever clubs are slated for you. :D

ETA: if that happens and I am on TP I apologize for all of the nasty things I have said. LMAO

Don't get your hopes up buddy, lol.

Don't get your hopes up buddy, lol.

Of course not - but always prepared if the opportunity presented itself!

Anyways, Team Hackers are here for the win. I am not even sure who is on Team Paradise anymore.....4 of them don't frequent these parts much. :D

I think Colonel calls them Team B. Lol

---
- Tappin' from my iPad in support of Team Hackers!

The most shocking event of the day: members of Team Hackers know how to use email, and email a lot! It almost made my computer explode.

This event is only days away, and I'm still not really believing that I'm really going to be in this. When I played golf with some other people earlier today, I was telling one guy about the setup of the Morgan Cup with the sponsorships, video, and everything else, and he says to me "So this is a pretty big deal!" I thought to myself, wow, he's exactly right! It was mentioned when the Morgan Cup was initially announced, but it bears repeating: this is an opportunity that amateurs have never had before, to participate in an event where we are treated like tour pros, and I feel amazingly lucky to be one of the 16 participants.

Just imagine if more oems got in and it was 4-5 team event

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

It's not about oems vs oems.

And honestly, how exciting is the Taiostock vs the Ryder cup? Exactly.

2 teams ftw.

Never said oem vs oem, just said if more wanted to get involved

Think we are all guilty of this a little bit. I will man up and admit I have been frustrated at some point until I realized what this is really about. This is the first time something of this magnitude has been attempted and I think everyone involved has done a magnificent job, no one more than JB and GG.

TMaG and Callaway have been amazing through this and I think we have all learned some valuable lessons and the next time this happens everyone will know that much more how to go about it. We are a select few who get to do somethign unprecedented, and with that comes a few growing pains as things are ironed out. ( terrible I know, no pun intended.)

Anyways I am just rambling on now. I want everyone to know I am very proud to be a part of this, and want to thank everyone involved. There are going to be growing pains when somethign of this magnitude is undertaken. We all need to step back and realize what this is really about. The chance of a lifetime.

Thank you

It's not about oems vs oems.

And honestly, how exciting is the Taiostock vs the Ryder cup? Exactly.

2 teams ftw.

how did you get anything about oems vs oems out of that post lol

Hey it's all going to turn out to be the best darn thing we could ever hope for! I can't wait for the Matches to begin and although I am a Team Paradise Fan, I root for you all to have a great time and this is going to be a lifetime experience! I wish I could have been part of it. Just think there will be thousands of people following this, maybe millions! You boys better be ready to rumble :zsimpsons:

Never said oem vs oem, just said if more wanted to get involved

2 were invited and 2 accepted. Its not always "if they want to they can" kind of thing.

2 were invited and 2 accepted. Its not always "if they want to they can" kind of thing.

Gotcha, just thinking out loud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back