The BlackBerry Thread

Agreed. In the end, while it is not the "coolest" device, it does some things so well its absurd. Messaging and battery life immediately come to mind. The browser has always been the reason to hold it back against android or iOS, but that has since changed. The apps I use are available for both for the most part and work similar on all devices. I just love to have a keyboard.

That's a huge asset right there, i agree. I can't stand phones with only touch keyboards.

my BB Tour has been a rock! it's been so dependable/reliable, i barely want to trade it in. but the new BB models are looking so slick.
i'll have one as soon as their on the shelves.

JB, i agree. the keyboard is clutch. i think i'd rival a "teenage texter" with that sucker. i dunno if i could stand to goto an all touchscreen keyboard...

I've been using the Bold 9700 for about a year and half now and still think it is a great phone. I can't wait to get the new Bold. I will probably wait a few months for the price to come down, but that has been my phone in waiting for a long time. My wife will like it too. She has a touchscreen phone so anytime she grabs mine for something I see her frustrated when nothing happens when she touches the screen. Now she will at least get a response.

I haven't looked into the QNX stuff too much. Maybe that will be a great thing, but I don't want to wait for it. My feeling on phones is to get the best, most advanced phone you can get at the time and use it until you can get another one. If you wait for the next great thing, then when that comes out, the next, next great thing will be on the horizon and you will still be waiting. Plus, it's not like the old phones will cease to work. My Bold still has OS5 on it and it gets the job done just fine.

Todays the day for Rogers in Canada for the new devices. Hopefully AT&T gets their butts in gear and we get them around the 21st like Sprint.

No matter what ever happens, I realized two things in going back to my berry.

1. Having that keyboard is like crack to me. And theirs is/was always the best.
2. BBM is simply awesome! and while Apple is taking their version to the IPhone (shocker), it will never replace the real thing.

Todays the day for Rogers in Canada for the new devices. Hopefully AT&T gets their butts in gear and we get them around the 21st like Sprint.

No matter what ever happens, I realized two things in going back to my berry.

1. Having that keyboard is like crack to me. And theirs is/was always the best.
2. BBM is simply awesome! and while Apple is taking their version to the IPhone (shocker), it will never replace the real thing.

I'm going to Best Buy today to inquire a few things..

Can I use my buyback money to cancel my contract, then sign another two year to get a Blackberry at a reduced contract price... all while keeping the same number hahaha.

Thanks THP for helping to keep my phone addiction alive and kicking!

Agreed. In the end, while it is not the "coolest" device, it does some things so well its absurd. Messaging and battery life immediately come to mind. The browser has always been the reason to hold it back against android or iOS, but that has since changed. The apps I use are available for both for the most part and work similar on all devices. I just love to have a keyboard.

everything there is the truth!
I have a BB for work and an android for personal use. I love the actual keyboard on the BB, the battery life is amazing. If the browser was equal I would probably jump back on the bandwagon(no surprise there)

You're right about BBM JB, it really is awesome.. But it's only awesome for those who have friends and family using it haha.. I think I only have three friends/family actually on BBM, so the exposure to it isn't nearly as good as I would like it to be.

I'm going to Best Buy today to inquire a few things..

Can I use my buyback money to cancel my contract, then sign another two year to get a Blackberry at a reduced contract price... all while keeping the same number hahaha.

Thanks THP for helping to keep my phone addiction alive and kicking!

What's the story on that? You bought it originally from Best Buy and they have a cell phone buy back program?

What's the story on that? You bought it originally from Best Buy and they have a cell phone buy back program?

don't get him started...he had 3 phones in a span of 4 days

Yup, if its within 6 months, they give you 50% of retail price (EVO 3D was $699).. So Ill get $350 back. Which should cover the $200 cancellation and Ill be able to put $150 towards the BB. Only issue is if I cancel but have to lose my phone number. I know I essentially will have ended up paying $50 to rent a phone but I made a mistake with my timing.

The more I read about the BB's the more I want one.

everything there is the truth!
I have a BB for work and an android for personal use. I love the actual keyboard on the BB, the battery life is amazing. If the browser was equal I would probably jump back on the bandwagon(no surprise there)

If you check out the latest tests around the web of the new berries coming this month, the broswer is just as fast now. It is the one thing that has been lacking for years now and it is finally caught up.

If you check out the latest tests around the web of the new berries coming this month, the broswer is just as fast now. It is the one thing that has been lacking for years now and it is finally caught up.

That's good. To be honest I haven't payed that much attention to BB, other than using the one I have. I can grab a new phone this fall so I will have time to see what's out there and catch some reviews on them. I would consider going back to BB for the battery life alone!

Yup, if its within 6 months, they give you 50% of retail price (EVO 3D was $699).. So Ill get $350 back. Which should cover the $200 cancellation and Ill be able to put $150 towards the BB. Only issue is if I cancel but have to lose my phone number. I know I essentially will have ended up paying $50 to rent a phone but I made a mistake with my timing.

That's pretty solid.. I wonder if I can find another competitive carrier that will buyout my contract... Or maybe just offer that idea to Verizon if they don't give me the one year upgrade price.. I just don't really like waiting on my phone to make decisions..

I can't think they'd rather lose a customer than give them a decent deal..

I would consider going back to BB for the battery life alone!

I know right. 3 days with moderate use is awesome. And lets not forget actually having push email. Not push email for 3 types of email only or exchange.

That's pretty solid.. I wonder if I can find another competitive carrier that will buyout my contract... Or maybe just offer that idea to Verizon if they don't give me the one year upgrade price.. I just don't really like waiting on my phone to make decisions..

I can't think they'd rather lose a customer than give them a decent deal..

Its worth checking into. I know what you mean by waiting. I went stupid a little bit this last month but its because I didnt find something that just blew me awya like my iphone initially did.

Hopefully they work with you. Best Buy though has been real awesome and you really cant beat their buyback program.

and now all I'm doing is researching the Torch 9850 for Sprint

I hope the Torch's keyboard is a bit different. I could never get used to it. Great phone though. I'll probably be going to the Bold or Touch.

I hope the Torch's keyboard is a bit different. I could never get used to it. Great phone though. I'll probably be going to the Bold or Touch.

you are staying with the 3D don't kid yourself.

You know with sprint you can integrate your number with Google Voice so that way you won't really lose your number if you canceled your contract and then re-upped. You would then just have to link that GV# with your new phone.

Love it. Like hte Bold a little more though since its got some more power to it, but the big screen is awesome.

It took me two weeks and now I love it. Not Bold love it, but close.

You know with sprint you can integrate your number with Google Voice so that way you won't really lose your number if you canceled your contract and then re-upped. You would then just have to link that GV# with your new phone.

I didn't and Ill be pm'ing you when I get a chance to see how this all works!

Love it. Like hte Bold a little more though since its got some more power to it, but the big screen is awesome.

That's good to hear JB. I like the real estate of the screen a little more than the Bold as well. The new processors in the upcoming BB's should really speed things up even more than they're running now.

So anxious to see if I can get my hands on these.

We may have to talk phones during TMC. I'm going to research both models. I don't expect to do anything until November anyway.

Back