The 2024 WorldWide Golf Championship- Preview Show & Odds

Did you know?
Besides JB their is another participant that has won this thing before?

Did you know?
Besides JB their is another participant that has won this thing before?
And their paired together.

Yup. I think the tinkering is done.

I'm glad someone is done....I may have a new driver head coming on Thursday. I may even get a chance to hit it before next week.....:unsure:

Posts 2 & 3 updated with Preview / Odds write up.

Alicia Silverstone Reaction GIF

Fantastic stuff and @jdtox and I like where we are sitting.

As always great write up @JDax love it sir! Looking forward to getting this thing started next week!

Someone from the bottom half is going to make a dark horse run. With the tough par 5s on the back nine will they get through them to be there at the end?

Whiskey Business coming in hot!!! I’ve back these two since we thought they were going to be a pairing last year. Missing out has only fueled the fire!!!

When are official picks due?

@Scooby45 with this chatter about scars and rough back nines there. Must have been when he was my partner. I seem to recall a pretty good back nine a month ago with @hedley_lamarr08 🤣🤣🔥

The 2024 WorldWide Championship: Odds to Win

Whiskey Business: 3/1-
If you have been following these for a while, you would know that I normally like Low/Mid & Mid/Mid pairings when handicapping who will make a run. This pairing fits that Mid/Mid profile that I like so much. They also have big event experience in their THP careers, MarMill was on my winning team at The Rivalry and Baylrballa is a steady hand that is battle tested. Like I stated earlier, I think you are going to have to survive this thing, and this is a pairing that can keep their head above water in the Combined Score format on Day 2. Because of these things, they will go off as the favorite.

When Worlds Collide: 4/1- Remember that I said that I liked Low/Mids? I get one here, and they come in at 5 strokes lower than the median average. There are two participants in this year’s addition that have won this event, and they are paired together here. I believe that this could be a team that is in the mix and hanging near the top of the leader board deep into the event. They have the make-up of a team of a team that could grind if they needed. It’s hard not to like this team, you get a guy that makes shots when he has to have them in JB, and you get possibly the greatest competitor in the history of THP experiences in JDtox. The discount that is cooked into this number is the fact that JB has been exhausted on Day 2 of experiences, and the hardest format is on Day 2 of this experience.

WorldWide Golf: 6/1- Every year, I fall in love with a Low/High pairing, and either I get their odds right, or they are absolute fool’s gold. This is the type of pairing that is either magic or tragic. They come in at one stroke below the median average, and they could post a huge red number in Shamble- Best Ball and hold on until the end. I think they will have the lead after day one. It should be noted that the handicap spread between the two members is the largest spread in recent memory and could be the largest spread of all time. Risk/Reward pick.

Southern Twang: 8/1- This is the last of the teams that come in under the median average (1 stroke), they are a Mid/Mid that could provide the best line value on the board. KY Golfer has been absolute nails in anything that he’s appeared in, but he draws a rookie here in mantan. We just saw rookies dominate at the GOAT Cup, so it could happen, if mantan is game this is a dangerous team.

Data Simulation: 12/1- This is where the Mid/High pairings start to hit the board, in this format the Mid/High profile must have a lot to go their way to make a deep run. They both have event experience, which helps a lot. They come in at 2 stokes higher than the median average and need to avoid big numbers in all formats to stay in the mix. I’m glad to see Nerdy and my GD teammate Iceman! back at an experience.

Budget Golf: 12/1- My man Scott has a lot of experience in this event and has played well in spots, last year as a member of a Low/Mid team, Alt Shot was his undoing. Can he reverse that tread this year as part of a Mid/High pairing? At this end of the board the game plan is similar, but easier said than done. They must find fairways, don’t let it get away from them, then survive by making their pops count. They are 2 stokes higher than the median average. It’s a tall order, but it can be done.

Smooth Criminals: 16/1- The last of the Mid/High pairings, includes my favorite Back 9 Bully in Deebo and outlaw. This is Deebo’s 3rd appearance, and I have a soft spot because it was his charge that started the Team JDax’s run on singles day at the Rivalry. Outlawx has been in an experience before and made his pops count going 3-0. That was Match Play this is stroke play. They are 5 strokes higher than the median average and will need to make their pops count if there is a path.

Purgatory: 18/1- The only High/High pairing in the field, and this is what makes handicapped events so great. They are anchored by blazinden, who was on a team last year that had this thing won for 44 holes, then a melt down on the 45th hole cost them the title by 1 stroke. Is there scar tissue, has to be, right? He is paired with the second highest cap in the field and event rookie in Scribble. Scribble has been quiet in the lead up, but he could be a silent assassin popping and dropping people. They are 6 strokes higher than the median average. The path is just survive, make the pops count and hope a train wreck occurs ahead of you on the leaderboard.
Gotta love the Smooth Criminals 🔥

Let's go @outlawx and @Deebo76 😎

Shamble combined score sure is an interesting format, can't just pick up. Gotta give the edge to @JB and @jdtox for that round 🔥

@Scribble
Start at the bottom and work our way to the top.

Shamble combined score sure is an interesting format, can't just pick up. Gotta give the edge to @JB and @jdtox for that round 🔥
And it's day two so you will most likely see big swings on the leaderboard that final round.

Back