The BlackBerry Thread

Ok..... but don't be giving me fake pins like this last girl did. Haha.

I'll still just text you because it's fun

Not sure if you crackberry fans read the review over on bgr but it was a pretty good review of the new Bold.

I mean I am on BBM, The Breeze is on BBM, and soon Hawk will be on BBM.
Do you need any other reason?

That is one thing I miss about my blackberry storm. Bbm is pretty awesome. My droids battery life blows but its a lot faster than the storm and more memory.

Hey Yoccos, you may have one issue.
Looks like Spring is releasing the Bold and the Torch without keyboard only. Both should be out on the 21st with a price tag of $149 for Torch and $249 for Bold.

AT&T will have the new 4G Torch with keyboard out for $49-$99 on the 21st also.
THe Bold and non-keyboard Torch will not come out for them until early November.

These are unconfirmed reports, but appear to be pretty accurate.

Hey Yoccos, you may have one issue.
Looks like Spring is releasing the Bold and the Torch without keyboard only. Both should be out on the 21st with a price tag of $149 for Torch and $249 for Bold.

AT&T will have the new 4G Torch with keyboard out for $49-$99 on the 21st also.
THe Bold and non-keyboard Torch will not come out for them until early November.

These are unconfirmed reports, but appear to be pretty accurate.

That does throw a wrench into my plans. I'm finding I use my phone a lot for watching movies/streaming and whatnot. I think the Bold screen should be big enough and some of what I hearing about the Torch (without keyboard) kinda has me leaning away from it. Plus I want a keyboard! That Torch 2 wouldve been the perfect compromise.

I might be able to go back to ATT and get my old grandfathered data plan (unlimited)... That might be an option.

I might be able to go back to ATT and get my old grandfathered data plan (unlimited)... That might be an option.

I will have the Torch 2 pretty darn quickly after release. Especially if those prices I put up are true and AT&T is only going to charge that much.

That does throw a wrench into my plans. I'm finding I use my phone a lot for watching movies/streaming and whatnot. I think the Bold screen should be big enough and some of what I hearing about the Torch (without keyboard) kinda has me leaning away from it. Plus I want a keyboard! That Torch 2 wouldve been the perfect compromise.

I could go without a physical keyboard. I am pretty sure I will not be switching to ATT.

Yoccos - you haven't had a full keyboard in a while right?

That's kinda my thinking man. $50 for that phone? Even $100, thats ridiculous. Just gotta find the right monthly plan. I'm going to have to Excel cost compare this one haha.

Even if I stay with Sprint, I don't think Ill mind the Bold lol.

I have not my friend. I'm just hearing the build quality is not very blackberry ish with the Torch (no keyboard). Ill have to see it in hand. And see how the display looks.

I could go without a physical keyboard. I am pretty sure I will not be switching to ATT.

Yoccos - you haven't had a full keyboard in a while right?

Although I have my eye on the 9860, AT&T prices for the Torch 9810 is a good incentive for me to jump ship from T-Mobile. Before I make a decision, I'd like to know what's T-Mobile's plan on carrying, if any, these new devices.

I may just wait for the iPhone 5....

Yoccos you are now doubly my favorite, welcome back to the BB club. I'm still unsure which of the new BB's I'm going to convince my work to buy for me, and JB isn't helping my constantly teasing me with updates and texts about how great his Torch is and how great the bold is. You're making my phone feel bad JB! When you do get a BB Yoccos, I'm going to BBM the crap out of you with the most mundane updates.

Yoccos you are now doubly my favorite, welcome back to the BB club. I'm still unsure which of the new BB's I'm going to convince my work to buy for me, and JB isn't helping my constantly teasing me with updates and texts about how great his Torch is and how great the bold is. You're making my phone feel bad JB! When you do get a BB Yoccos, I'm going to BBM the crap out of you with the most mundane updates.

This I look forward too. I always felt so connected with the BBM and whatnot, I really miss it. Even though my friends list wasnt huge, it was a tight nit group. Kinda hard to explain to anyone who has never really BBM'd.

The only reason I'm considering staying with Sprint is the umlimited data (true unlimited) and how cheap the plan is for me. BUUUUUUUT if ATT can get me back to unlimited and I can get the Blackberry with my work discount (no contract) I might be back with ATT.

Bold or Torch2 is the next question!!!!!!!

The Bold is the Effin Wow Factor in terms of berrys.

This I look forward too. I always felt so connected with the BBM and whatnot, I really miss it. Even though my friends list wasnt huge, it was a tight nit group. Kinda hard to explain to anyone who has never really BBM'd.

The only reason I'm considering staying with Sprint is the umlimited data (true unlimited) and how cheap the plan is for me. BUUUUUUUT if ATT can get me back to unlimited and I can get the Blackberry with my work discount (no contract) I might be back with ATT.

Bold or Torch2 is the next question!!!!!!!

For me man its the Bold in the lead, mostly due to the corded full keyboard with slightly larger keys. I'm out of the office for work a lot and still have to reply to emails while I'm ooout and aboooot so a corded keyboard is a must.

Thats the leader in the club house, really the fact that the corded keyboard has slightly larger keys is going to win it for the new bold. I played with it in the store yesterday and damn near bought it on my corporate credit card and would come up with an explanation later.

Thats the leader in the club house, really the fact that the corded keyboard has slightly larger keys is going to win it for the new bold. I played with it in the store yesterday and damn near bought it on my corporate credit card and would come up with an explanation later.

You both realize my head is going a million miles an hour right?

CB how was the screen size? Was it big enough for video and live golf watching?

That happens to Team Paradise when The Breeze and The Wow Factor speak.

Screen size was plenty big, I want to say a little bigger than my current curve, I could happily watch a video on there, and the touch screen was money.

It does. It's like a big bang in my head, especially when you two are in the same thread.

thank god they are not paired together at all during The Morgan Cup. Although I am playing with The Breeze and The Wow Factor in separate matches that day. Thankfully I can bother you both with BB talk.

ROTFL, truer words have never been spoken.

Screen size was plenty big, I want to say a little bigger than my current curve, I could happily watch a video on there, and the touch screen was money.

I may have time to pick up a Blackberry while in Florida lol. I kid I kid.

I may have time to pick up a Blackberry while in Florida lol. I kid I kid.

you may have to. The people out near you cringe when you walk in to the store now because you've had so many phones.

thank god they are not paired together at all during The Morgan Cup. Although I am playing with The Breeze and The Wow Factor in separate matches that day. Thankfully I can bother you both with BB talk.

I'm hoping I get one of those dudes during my "practice" Thursday round. I get to bask in greatness haha.

Back