Iron Shafts with MOST Spin

jdsuowner

Reaction score
Handicap
All else things being equal, what do you guys think is the steel iron shafts producing the MOST spin (but also with ok dispersion)?

Project X HL
Project X Flighted
KBS Tour
KBS Tour 90
KBS C Taper
Dynalite Gold XP
Dynalite Gold SL
Dynamic Gold HL
Dynamic Gold SL
Nippon 950
...or any others not listed

Thanks

All else things being equal, what do you guys think is the steel iron shafts producing the MOST spin (but also with ok dispersion)?

Project X HL
Project X Flighted
KBS Tour
KBS Tour 90
KBS C Taper
Dynalite Gold XP
Dynalite Gold SL
Dynamic Gold HL
Dynamic Gold SL
Nippon 950
...or any others not listed

Thanks

I haven't played all of these, but for the ones I've hit, the regular old DGs (DG-S300, DG-X100) spin more for me. THey launch low, but impart a lot of spin, especially short irons. For wedges, the DG Spinners spin like crazy.

I play the TT DG HL shafts in my CG7 BP Tours. I find they offer plenty of spin on all iron shots.

I played them when I was starting out thinking I needed the higher launch for added distance, but now as I test S300's, KBS Tours, and PX's, I find I am gaining over 15 yards with a lower launching lower spinning shaft.

That's tough to really say as it's all relative to your swing and how you strike the ball. Also, weaker flex shafts generally have more spin than the stronger flexes.

Standard weight or light weight?

Standard , is say kbs spins most

Light weight, the Nippon will spin more

If you pinch the ball right and play a soft ball it should spin as long as the green isn't hard.

Back