The Official Counterfeit Thread

Looks like the average sale for the super hybrid is just over 90 bucks.. Checked value guide and mid-range re-sale value is only 77 bucks..

just over 90 for brand new ones? all the big stores like TGW and golfgalaxy etc. have it for 199? even rockbottomgolf who is supposed to have the cheapest prices out there has it for 149 i think...

just over 90 for brand new ones? all the big stores like TGW and golfgalaxy etc. have it for 199? even rockbottomgolf who is supposed to have the cheapest prices out there has it for 149 i think...

Average sale on eBay I should have said.

He's got over 5000 positive feedback this month alone.. I checked his negative feedback for the last twelve months.. Out of 33,000+ transactions, only two "claim" that the club is counterfeit... Sounds about as legit as legit can get to me.

That is about as good as it can get for online stuff. Ever look at any sort of online reviews, for pretty much any type of product? They almost always run the full gamut, from "greatest thing ever!" to "it completely ruined my life!". I wouldn't be surprised if an honest merchant ended up selling a few counterfeits once in a while, since the counterfeiters have gotten better at their game. Much of which, IMO, as was posted ealier iirc, is due to the OEM's outsourcing all their work overseas.

Is Budget Golf legit? I saw a bunch of stuff in the "Deal of the Day thread", just making sure before I buy anything.

and you have double checked with the original retailer after purchase to see authenticness? Saw this recently on timtheputterman:

Counterfeit! Fake! Buyers Beware! Verified it was a fake from authorized dealer Buyer: darrinhayward ( 99) Jul-25-11 15:51
NEW TAYLORMADE R11 TI 15* 3 WOOD STIFF FLEX S BLUR 60S (#400228385375)

Keep in mind he has been on eBay for like ever. You don't have the length of time he has on eBay selling fakes. Just saying. You need to do what other have done look at the number of negatives versus positive reviews. Another thing to check is the number of feedback the buyer has. If he had a bunch of 1 feedback buyers you would need to raise an eyebrow.

Golfplayer18.com sell fraudulent products

Golfplayer18.com sell fraudulent products

golfplayer18.com sells knock off clubs. I just received so called "TaylorMade" Burner 2.0 irons and I brought them to GolfTown to compare and they are straight up fakes. Paint in replace of graphite on the inside of the clubs, wrong grips, the iron shafts are no where near the same weight and quality of actual TaylorMade Clubs.

Buyer beware...

golfplayer18.com sell knock of clubs, just received my set of fake TaylorMade superfast 2.0 irons. Brought to Golf Town and they are definitely fake. They look pretty convincing, but once you look closer the differences are obvious, plus the iron shafts are lighter and lack the proper authentic markings.

Thanks for help

Thanks for help

Well I went ahead and bought them and they are legit. Came in a Cobra box in full shrink wrap and all. Heck of deal. Thanks for the help, glad this message board is here!

Charles

I tried these clubs and loved them. If anyone on here has time, take a look at this link and give me your opinion...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-KING-COBRA-...t=Golf_Clubs&hash=item3cba6b261f#ht_720wt_900

The ebay seller is tee2green6931 and he appears to be on the up and up, but heck, since this thread is here, I'd love to see what people think before I spend this kind of money.

Much appreciated,

CR

FYI. Here is the registration info for this website. Definitely a Chinese site. That right there is a big time reg flag.

Domain Name ..................... golfplayer18.com
Name Server ..................... dns17.hichina.com
dns18.hichina.com
Registrant ID ................... hc084627580-cn
Registrant Name ................. costa tiger
Registrant Organization ......... golfplayer18.com
Registrant Address .............. yuzhongye
Registrant City ................. chongqing
Registrant Province/State ....... chongqing
Registrant Postal Code .......... 400000
Registrant Country Code ......... CN
Registrant Phone Number ......... +86.02367514979 -
Registrant Fax .................. +86.02367514979 -
Registrant Email ................ golfplayer18.service@gmail.com
Administrative ID ............... hc084627580-cn
Administrative Name ............. costa tiger
Administrative Organization ..... golfplayer18.com
Administrative Address .......... yuzhongye
Administrative City ............. chongqing
Administrative Province/State ... chongqing
Administrative Postal Code ...... 400000
Administrative Country Code ..... CN
Administrative Phone Number ..... +86.02367514979 -
Administrative Fax .............. +86.02367514979 -
Administrative Email ............ golfplayer18.service@gmail.com
Billing ID ...................... hichina001-cn
Billing Name .................... hichina
Billing Organization ............ HiChina Web Solutions Limited
Billing Address ................. 3/F., HiChina Mansion
No.27 Gulouwai Avenue
Dongcheng District
Billing City .................... Beijing
Billing Province/State .......... Beijing
Billing Postal Code ............. 100011
Billing Country Code ............ CN
Billing Phone Number ............ +86.01064242299 -
Billing Fax ..................... +86.01064258796 -
Billing Email ................... domainadm@hichina.com
Technical ID .................... hichina001-cn
Technical Name .................. hichina
Technical Organization .......... HiChina Web Solutions Limited
Technical Address ............... 3/F., HiChina Mansion
No.27 Gulouwai Avenue
Dongcheng District
Technical City .................. Beijing
Technical Province/State ........ Beijing
Technical Postal Code ........... 100011
Technical Country Code .......... CN
Technical Phone Number .......... +86.01064242299 -
Technical Fax ................... +86.01064258796 -
Technical Email ................. domainadm@hichina.com
Expiration Date ................. 2011-10-28 10:35:17

Tim the putterman is totally legit. I bought my Corza Ghost from him and it came with the original TM sticker.

I looking to buy some stuff on www.onlinegolf.co.uk/

Has anyone ever used them? Are they legit?

They have a great range of products and really great prices ... so one begins to wonder :)

I thought I read from several people here that Hurricane Golf is legit? Are they fake or not? Now I'm very worried considering I just bought from them recently because of what I read here.

I looking to buy some stuff on www.onlinegolf.co.uk/

Has anyone ever used them? Are they legit?

They have a great range of products and really great prices ... so one begins to wonder :)

this is a genuine site no fakes at all,bought of them myself and if you buy a item over £100 you can use it for 90 days and if not happy send it back for 90% refund,

Has anyone had any experience with www.igolfnuts.com, there prices seem too low to be true? Apologies in advance, if this has been covered in the thread.

I'm looking to get the Ping G20s. Found them for about 350 at VGGolf.com and Golfplayer18. Anybody know if they are legit? Thanks in advance.

I'm looking to get the Ping G20s. Found them for about 350 at VGGolf.com and Golfplayer18. Anybody know if they are legit? Thanks in advance.

Golfplayer18 is garbage. China registered.

And VG Golf looks bad as well..

Welcome to vggolf! Since 2007, we have been a dedicated online golf related products retailer. Our company is professional in top brand discount golf clubs ,such as ,TaylorMade Golf, Ping Golf, Titleist Golf, Cleveland Golf, Callaway Golf etc. All clubs come from authorized manufacturer.
As the satisfaction of customer is our primary goal, we have many new customers and regular customers very day.
We believe vggolf will be your first and best choice.

Spelling errors, grammatical errors, and at the bottom of the page, what the hell is a "private policy" hahaha!?

Has anyone bought from Putterbuy.com? Thanks in advance. McFly

Tim the putterman is totally legit. I bought my Corza Ghost from him and it came with the original TM sticker.

+1 for Tim the putterman, guy has quality products for great prices. 100% legit.

Has anyone bought from Putterbuy.com? Thanks in advance. McFly

I am a little late in my response to this.. but the prices on that site are ridiculous.

109 dollars for a Scotty Cameron?
399 and 450 for brand new TaylorMade irons?

You're welcome to buy from there, but there is a reason why legit sites don't sell clubs for that. MAP. You will more than likely get burned if you buy from that site.

Has anyone purchased from MonstersGolf on ebay? I've seen on other golf sites people say they are legit and they have a great rating and guarantee everything is authentic but you can never be too careful. I trust this site the most so i would like to hear what you guys say before i get something.

Last edited:
Budgetgolf.com

Is it a legit site?

Budgetgolf.com

Is it a legit site?

Absolutely. Great folks. Just down the road from me in Joliet, IL. Buy from them all the time.

Back