PGA Championship [Spoilers] TaylorMade R11 Iron Contest

Did Phil change putters today? I thought yesterday he had a Tour Black 9 in play, today he's back with an insert(or so it looked) putter.

We dont have the tour notes yet, but it does appear to be that way.

I loved just hearing the announcers say that if you looked at the stats you would see a better scoring number by the players laying up on par 5's than the ones going for them. I almost aways lay up on par 5's and feel thats the better play unless you have an iron in your hands.

DJ MC
DC MC
Cink MC

Mickelson

I´m sorry did I just enter the "Which pro won´t make the cut contest" - Man, I´m lousy at making predictions........

For what it's worth, the 18th hole today is set up at 471 yards, making it the shortest distance that hole has played all week. What remains to be seen is if players challenge the water on the left side off the tee with the driver to get a shorter second shot into the green, or continue to lay back in the fairway to stay out of the bunkers and have a longer second shot into the green.

I think Adam Scott will get more money then Fowler, Garrigus, and McIlroy COMBINED.

Mickelson just hit some guy in the gallery on the left side of the 3rd fairway with his drive, and the drive bounced all the way back in the fairway!

It always cracks me up when the pros go over to check on the guy, and then the gallery applauds the player! In this case, the guy that was hit is sitting on the ground and holding a rag over his head, and the gallery applauds Mickelson after he checks on the guy! I'd show a little more concern for the guy that just got slammed in the head with the golf ball instead of clapping for the pro, but that's just me.

I loved just hearing the announcers say that if you looked at the stats you would see a better scoring number by the players laying up on par 5's than the ones going for them. I almost aways lay up on par 5's and feel thats the better play unless you have an iron in your hands.

+1 Agreed. You should hear some of the arguements I get into with this one guy I play with. His feeling is you should always hit driver off the tee and you should always go for it in two.

Mickelson just hit some guy in the gallery on the left side of the 3rd fairway with his drive, and the drive bounced all the way back in the fairway!
I'm not singling Mick out here at all but do these guys even yell fore? They show the balls goin in to the crowds and everyone seems aloof. If the player or caddy was screaming fore I'd think a few might drop and cover anyway.

The thrill sure is playing to win. Good to see.

I think that Peter Kostis just tried to make Steve Stricker cry before the round with that interview.

Saw an interview with Verplank and he had his Taylormade staff bag next to him. Really awesome to see that same bag in my living room.

Strick with a bomb on 1! I want to putt like that! lol

GG wants validation in her picks and OEM wants a new set of irons.

Looks like a lefty might win it... :D

When does he not want a new set of irons? Hehe.

If there is a 3-hole playoff at the end of the tournament, it will be holes 16-18.

Keegan rolls in a 25 footer on 1 for birdie...I guess the nerves are not that bad yet...

Then catches the tree left on the next tee shot, maybe he realized he is tied for the lead on Sunday. I hope he plays well actually.

Back