They seem like you could just make your own homemade one....do you know what I mean??

Let us know if you try it out, I would still be interested in hearing how it works for you!

Looks like I could build one for about 20 bucks worth of PVC

I follow Hank Haney on twitter and he's a tell it like it is guy. I know he made it but I would love to see if it works as well and he says it does....and to see how off plane I really am.

hank haneys planefinder

hank haneys planefinder

has anyone tried this training aid? i saw the informercial for it and it looks like it could be useful. Just wondering anyone had any experiences with it.

Spend your money on a session with a live PGA teaching professional. Hank has enough already.

hahaha that is probably true. I do take lessons i was just curious to see if anyone had any experiences with it

For $120 I too would suggest seeing a teaching professional

looks like a decent device but I would hate to lug it to the range....too busy! Save your money and go elsewhere

Merged with existing thread.

You can get these for $79 with free shipping on Amazon. They are sold out right now though.

I am actually a little surprised that Haney is the front man for it. You would think he would want to support something a little more elegant than that. Hate to say it but it reminds me of some of those gizmo's that Kevin Costner had on when he was trying to find his lost swing in Tin Cup.

I think there are only so many ways that you can make some pipes forming a pathway look good. Maybe paint them a cool color...I got nothing.
As for the Tin Cup comment. If I've got the shanks then I just take my belt off, untuck my shirt, and push my bill on my cap way up (but never backwards).

I think there are only so many ways that you can make some pipes forming a pathway look good. Maybe paint them a cool color...I got nothing.
As for the Tin Cup comment. If I've got the shanks then I just take my belt off, untuck my shirt, and push my bill on my cap way up (but never backwards).

Dont forget move all the change from your left pocket to your right and put a tee behind your left ear!

Dont forget move all the change from your left pocket to your right and put a tee behind your left ear!

Nah...that gives me the Ole Gray hooker syndrome!

They use it on the new Haney Project. Can't remember which coach it was right now though.

They use it on the new Haney Project. Can't remember which coach it was right now though.
Cowher was using it on his back patio. I've been thinking about something like this for home practice as I don't have a place to hit balls but swinging a club would certainly be possible.

Cowher was using it on his back patio. I've been thinking about something like this for home practice as I don't have a place to hit balls but swinging a club would certainly be possible.
Thanks, was just sitting here going crazy trying to remember who it was. Seems like a decent tool for practicing without a ball.

The Furyk comment is right on and that is why I think I would have a problem with it. While my swing does not look like Furyks, I do tend to take the club back on something of an upright plane and reverse loop the club to get inside out on my downswing. That is how Fred Couples swings. Now my swing does not look anything like as elegant and effortless as Freddy's but the point is he also takes it a bit upright on the backswing. If you drew a line that followed his club head you would find that it had looped clockwise looking back from Freddy at address and that gets him on an inside out plane.

I actually think there are fewer golfers that take it back and forward on the same plane than you would think. I believe that Ernie Els does and there are those that think his swing is just a thing of beauty because of it. Ernie does have a beautiful swing. It looks so effortless and perfect. Maybe it is because if his swing plane. Anyway, if a golfer has not already established the means to get on a good plane then I would guess that device would be OK because one would prefer to do it the way Ernie does it. If a guy is already there though I would hate to rip that apart in order to build it a different way.

I am actually a little surprised that Haney is the front man for it. You would think he would want to support something a little more elegant than that. Hate to say it but it reminds me of some of those gizmo's that Kevin Costner had on when he was trying to find his lost swing in Tin Cup.

It looks to me like really does try to get you to take the club back to the top and then on the downswing on the same plane which is of course a very good way to do it. However it is just not the way that I do it and I don't think I would want to try to change at this point. Not to mention that I would have to assemble the thing at the range to us it.

I would be sure to get some "what is he on about now" looks at our popular range.

Please do feel free to correct me if I have the intent for this device wrong.

My thoughts exactly. When Jim McLean categorized tour players into the 3 basic swing shapes he found:

-85% use a Standard swing to slot the club (taking it back outside the plane and looping it back under; an exaggerated example being Sergio Garcia, Ryan Moore, damn near everybody on tour)
-10% use a Single Plane swing to slot the club (taking it back and through on the same plane; Tiger's swing under Haney, Mahan a little, not many others that are famous)
-5% use a Reverse Slot swing (taking it back under the plane and then sending the club back down the slot with no looping at all; Bruce Lietzke, Sam Snead, JB Holmes, John Daly, etc.)

Haney and a handful of others teach the Single Plane swing. This trainer promotes a Single Plane Swing. If you are copying the other 90% of players on tour, or the greatest players of all time, it may not work well for you. That is kind of the weirdest part. If you look at the top 10 players of all time, none had a "perfect" golf swing. They were all unique and during interviews most of them have said their unique move or path is what made their swing so repeatable. But many instructors today have become obsessed with theory, plane and swing machines and are trying to eradicate uniqueness in the swing and have people work towards what they see as bio-mechanical perfection.

And with that my short reply became long.

I can see it working for someone whose swing is totally off and they don't know how to fix it.

I just got one of these SKLZ Slice Eliminators:

I plan to start using it this weekend. All4's comment is pretty much exactly what I think about the Plane Finder, but then again I also really believe in McLean's slot swing theories.

I just got one of these SKLZ Slice Eliminators:

I plan to start using it this weekend. All4's comment is pretty much exactly what I think about the Plane Finder, but then again I also really believe in McLean's slot swing theories.

I made a version of this back when Nicklaus put out his "Inside Approach" and it works like a charm. Enjoy!

I noticed LPGA star Sara Brown in the latest Plane Finder commercial. Good to see she's got some endorsement deals working!

I love her! I think I'm gonna build one of those slice eliminators some time next week!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I love her! I think I'm gonna build one of those slice eliminators some time next week!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'll try and remember to take pics of the one I made a couple years ago, just some pvc and swimming noodle.

So has anyone on the forum actually used this and have actual feed back. I see a lot of comments regarding different things, but has anyone actually used it? I know I have a OTT move in my swing and my divots prove that and I am wondering if this would help straighten me out. Getting off the tee with the longer clubs is killing my game right now.

Back