Green Saver Divot Repair Tool Forum Testing Review

Congrats to all the testers, have fun and make those green beautiful.

Congrats testers. Can't wait. Probably won't be hard to sell me on this. In 9 holes today, I counted, and fixed 24 marks. Some people's kids..........

Congrats fellas! Now go GIR bananas.

This should be awesome! Thanks so much THP and Green Saver! Now I actually have to hit greens often... I'll be back with updates!

Well look what just arrived today when i got home from work.

0815111448.jpg

0815111449.jpg

0815111450.jpg

It poured down here for about 2 hrs or so, so i won't be going out today and I have plans tomorrow but Wednesday i'll be playing 18 and testing this bad boy out. It is actually pretty small, only about 3.5 inches long and not even an inch wide. I don't think it would bother me if it was in my pocket the whole round with a few tees. That was my main concern headed into this testing. Can't wait to get out there and testing this thing. Thanks once again to THP and Green Saver. Might i add that the blue color is a nice touch.

Looks good. Can't wait to read the reviews.

Great group of testers! Two questions once you get this. 1) how does it compare to what you use now and 2) how bulky does it feel in your pocket? I am excited to read your thoughts!

this! I'm curious to know this as well

Great group of testers! Two questions once you get this. 1) how does it compare to what you use now and 2) how bulky does it feel in your pocket? I am excited to read your thoughts!

UNC, is it made mainly of plastic?

I'm also interested to hear about how it fits and feels in your pocket. I've moved almost exclusively to the ones that have a clip, so I don't have to dig in my pocket on every green.

I use a regular divot tool that has a clip on it that i clip onto my pocket. I just put it in my pocket right now and can barely feel it. The 2 ends are the size of a quarter(actually smaller then the big pieces on most divot tools that have ball markers) so i don't think it will be a problem if you have average/big size pockets. Will obviously answer these questions again once i get to test it out on the course.

that thing look big. my adidas tool is about as long as that but isnt nearly as bulky

UNC, is it made mainly of plastic?

I'm also interested to hear about how it fits and feels in your pocket. I've moved almost exclusively to the ones that have a clip, so I don't have to dig in my pocket on every green.

Yes it is mainly plastic. I actually just found out while messing with it that the top part is a ball marker that comes with it saying greensaver. It is really soft and smooth and first thoughts is i wont have a problem with it in my pocket but won't know for sure until i test it on the course. The 3 prongs are curved which is the main idea of how this thing works. Here is a better picture to show this.

0815111522.jpg

Yes it is mainly plastic. I actually just found out while messing with it that the top part is a ball marker that comes with it saying greensaver. It is really soft and smooth and first thoughts is i wont have a problem with it in my pocket but won't know for sure until i test it on the course. The 3 prongs are curved which is the main idea of how this thing works. Here is a better picture to show this.

Haven't gotten mine yet but this was one of the things I thought should be a part of it. Glad it is, because I like my ball marker to be part of my divot tool.

My eyes bleed watching that guy use that divot tool! Ahhhh!

Not saying the green saver sucks, but I use a long tee and get the same results.

[youtube]f-ZzT8yMnmg[/youtube]

My eyes bleed watching that guy use that divot tool! Ahhhh!

Not saying the green saver sucks, but I use a long tee and get the same results.

[youtube]f-ZzT8yMnmg[/youtube]

To be fair, you can't say you get the same results unless you have used the green saver. I believe I fix ball marks pretty well but am intrigued by this product. It will definitely be faster than any tee or divot tool because you don't have to go in the green then push forward you just have to go in and push as the spring and prongs do the work.

I would be worried about the bulk factor as well, but I think it would only bother me if it was heavy. I am very interested to see how this would work on deep divots.

I would be worried about the bulk factor as well, but I think it would only bother me if it was heavy. I am very interested to see how this would work on deep divots.

It isn't heavy at all. Id say a regular Divot tool with ball marker probably weights 10 Xs as much as the Green Saver. I'm interested to see how long it holds up. The prongs seem as if they will last a while but the plastic make and spring i'm kinda worried about it breaking after a while.

It isn't heavy at all. Id say a regular Divot tool with ball marker probably weights 10 Xs as much as the Green Saver. I'm interested to see how long it holds up. The prongs seem as if they will last a while but the plastic make and spring i'm kinda worried about it breaking after a while.

I have a cooking scale that I'll weigh the two divot tools I normally use, and this. I see weight to be the lesser of any comparisons. The bulk is my only concern. I am guessing that it will probably work well.

To be fair, you can't say you get the same results unless you have used the green saver. I believe I fix ball marks pretty well but am intrigued by this product. It will definitely be faster than any tee or divot tool because you don't have to go in the green then push forward you just have to go in and push as the spring and prongs do the work.

Although I can understand, and definitely appreciate what youre saying, IMO a ballmark either gets properly repaired, or it doesnt. I hope this works so others can learn to use and repair marks, but if a tee does the job right for people, than it does. Its not whether this is better at repairing than a tee, its whether its easier for some people, and thats what I think it boils down to.

I just received mine. Unfortunately I go back in on night shift tonight (after 4 consecutive days of golf) and rumor is 1 tech will be out for awhile which means even more OT. Sept 6th is my next known golf day but I'll definitely get out before that if I can.

Prongs are longer than I imagined. The ball marker is hard to get off for a nail biter. It may be a little bulky for some pockets but I usually have several tees, and extra ball, and my phone in my pocket so it won't bother me.

Pics 2 3/4" tee for reference:

Mail just got here. No package for me today.

Congrats to all testers, looks like a great bunch! Ready to see this in action, and read the reviews.

I want to know how it repairs big divots.The divots are deep here because of the rain. Good luck testers

Back