Arnie Clothing Line Sneak Preview

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE​

Arnold Palmer has paired with Quagmire Golf to create a new line of clothing.

Introduction

It’s rare that the term “icon” is an understatement, but that’s certainly true when it comes to Arnold Palmer. As a sportsman, businessman and philanthropist, his accomplishments are legendary. He’s influenced not only the culture of golf, but our culture as a whole.

With this in mind we created Arnie, a golf and lifestyle apparel line directly inspired by the looks worn by Mr. Palmer during the peak decades of his playing career.

Authenticity was truly important to us. That’s why we spent many hours combing through primary source material, including Mr. Palmer’s library of photographs from the 1950s, ‘60s and '70s.

We also had the unbelievable experience of visiting Mr. Palmer’s home and archives in Latrobe, Pa. It’s remarkable how many items he saved over the years, including some totally amazing clothes that are just as on-trend now as they were back in the day.
- Geoff Tait, Creative Director, and Bobby Pasternak, Sales Director

Collections Overview

Arnie will be ship in three deliveries for 2012 with each collection having fits based on the looks that were popular during that particular decade. There is also a Timeless collection with delivery throughout the year.

1950s Collection (Starting January 15)
With a clean, straight, comfortable fit, this collection can be worn on the course or to the office by almost anyone. Tops feature short plackets, smaller collars and shorter sleeves, while pants are defined by a straight leg.

1960s Collection (Starting March 15)
The 60s were all about self-expression, and for Mr. Palmer that meant seriously dominating the competition! His style was a bit more relaxed, with boot cut pants, bigger shirt collars and longer plackets. No golfer of the era looked cooler than him, and these pieces were incredibly fun to design. That’s especially true for the super-stylish cardigans that were one of Mr. Palmer’s trademarks on the course.

1970s Collection (Starting June 15)
During what was certainly a fashionable decade, Mr. Palmer chose cool yet subdued colors and styling somewhere between the 50s and 60s. His shirts had slightly wider collars and long plackets, but the fit of his pants more closely resembled a modern boot cut. Overall, the looks translate incredibly well to the fits and fashions we see today.

Timeless (Starting January 15)
This small collection contains some great pieces that were in fashion throughout the 50s, 60s and 70s, and remain just as popular today, like plaid pants and shorts. Also included are some amazing solid basics in three great fabrics. They have a superb modern fit and go well with anything and everything, so golf clubs and shops can use them as Core polos. And don’t forget about the awesome collectible t-shirts and belts that every true Arnie fan should have!

Arnie2012-ClassicWhite1950s.jpg

Arnie2012-ConfidenceBlackTimesless.jpg

Arnie2012-AlbatrossRed1960s.jpg

Arnie2012-DocBlack1950s.jpg

Arnie2012-KingdomBlack1950s.jpg

Arnie2012-ChampionGreen1970s.jpg

Arnie2012-BeltBlackTimesless.jpg

Hmmmm, maybe if I sleep on it, look at the pics again in the morning I will like them better... yeah, I will reserve comment until tomorrow.

I'll take the pants with the black and white polo. And the jacket is nice too.

I only see red x's.

I can see them in Chrome. Go figure.

Not sure I am liking this line out of the samples shown.

• Staff
The white shirt actually looks very similar to a SubSeventy shirt I wore to work today. Almost identical, in fact.

I like a couple of the shirts, but there are another couple that I'm not in love with. Maybe if I saw them in person I'd change my mind. I love that Arnie is getting some love though, nice work Quagmire!

I am probably in the minority here but I think all of that stuff looks amazing.

I'm a big fan of Quagmire. Especially their bottoms. I love the sweater!

I likethe Belt....:D

I actually like a couple of those shirts alot, VERY interesting to me.

i like the polos a lot!!! not to sure on the pants...the cut really is from the 50's. It would be really cool if they are clima-cool or dri-fit like fabric. Im indifferent to the sweater and belt. I don't think I would wear them but don't think they look good or bad. Now, back to those polos! How much will these cost?

WOW, I LOVE!!!!!! The first two shirts, the first pair of pants and that belt. I mean love them!

I'm not really digging any of it. I guess the first polo is okay.

Loving what they are doing here. Not necessarily the pieces shown as much as the ideas behind the collections and cannot wait to see more of each decade.

Loving what they are doing here. Not necessarily the pieces shown as much as the ideas behind the collections and cannot wait to see more of each decade.

Yeah, I was thinking this. It's really refreshing to see an idea like this in an apparel line. They haven't just taken the name and churned out some polos, there's some thought behind the actual styling of each piece and era. I actually like quite a few of those - think I could rock that green polo!

I love it! I can't wait to see more. The clean lines of the fifties style clothing is perfect for my style lol.

Pic's not working in IE.

Sorry if the pics aren't working for some of you. They are photobucket images. I don't have access to post the pics through normal THP channels at the moment.

Not exactly what I was expecting but digging some of it!!

---
- Tappin' from my iPad in support of Team Hackers!

I like the belt and the green shirt.

I love this stuff! I would rock every single shirt with the exception of the one with the over the top umbrella pattern. I might just have to OEM some of this stuff.

Back