TM Burner Superfast 2.0 or R9 FW? Pls help

x942k6

Reaction score
Hi,

I am pretty new to the forum. I am making a decision toward buying a 3 wood. ok, so a little bit background about me. I used to play golf when I was very young(like 10) and now(21) starting to play again.

I recently purchased a Superfast 2.0 TP driver(10.5*) and learning how to hit it straight(went to the pro shop and they told me i have a good swing and this will be a good driver for me to learn)...I am having some slicing problem. My avg. SS is around 97-100. hits avg. 260 yrds with it.

Ok so now back to the question, as the title stated, which one should i get? I need something that are forgiving...I prefer straight than long as I tend to slice the ball.

What about the TP version of both FW? Is the TP really for better player?

thanks

if you struggle with a slice then the tp superfast wont help as its 1* open, however the normal superfast is 2* closed and could help a bit with your slice.

I think you should stick with the driver and for the price of a new driver get 3 or 4 lessons. That will fix your slice probably forever because you will know what youre doing wrong and what to do to fix it.

Thanks

How about the R9 Fairway? The price of the Superfast 2.0 and R9 Fairway is almost the same now. Just want to know which one is more forgiving

I think you should stick with the driver and for the price of a new driver get 3 or 4 lessons. That will fix your slice probably forever because you will know what youre doing wrong and what to do to fix it.

I am thinking of buying a 3 wood not a new driver. But taking a few lessons might be a good idea. Thanks alot

I am thinking of buying a 3 wood not a new driver. But taking a few lessons might be a good idea. Thanks alot

Curing your slice with the driver does not necessarily require lessons (although they always help). Have a quick look at this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnopJFvTa3Q and try it down the range. I suffered from the same issue with my TM Superfast 2.0, but having taken onboard the comments in this video I am now hitting the driver much much straighter.

In terms of purchasing the 3 wood, I would give it some time to see if you can iron out the bugs with your driver and take it from there. Having said that I find my setup for hitting a 3 wood is different to that of the driver, so you may find the 3 wood is a better option if you feel you can't sort out your driver.

As many people do, I have both a 3 wood and a driver in the bag, the driver is more often than not 30 odd yards longer but the 3 wood is (for the most part) more accurate, especially on tighter holes were there is not so much fairway to hit or lots of hazards.

Curing your slice with the driver does not necessarily require lessons (although they always help). Have a quick look at this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnopJFvTa3Q and try it down the range. I suffered from the same issue with my TM Superfast 2.0, but having taken onboard the comments in this video I am now hitting the driver much much straighter.

In terms of purchasing the 3 wood, I would give it some time to see if you can iron out the bugs with your driver and take it from there. Having said that I find my setup for hitting a 3 wood is different to that of the driver, so you may find the 3 wood is a better option if you feel you can't sort out your driver.

As many people do, I have both a 3 wood and a driver in the bag, the driver is more often than not 30 odd yards longer but the 3 wood is (for the most part) more accurate, especially on tighter holes were there is not so much fairway to hit or lots of hazards.

thanks for the tip.
I actually went to the range yesterday and tried to hit the ball with different swing. And I found a way to hit it straight. I am gonna video record my swing and make sure it not ugly lol. hope I can still hit it straight today!

Anyways, thanks for the reply!

I have to 2.0 TP Driver and really like it much better than my old SUPERTRI, but I could not hit the burner fwy woods. I really like the R11 fwy woods a lot more than the R9's. For me the R11's are very easy to hit off the deck.

Back