The Morgan Cup - Game Week

I don't plan on ever being on a fairway, just drive every green is my strategy. I'm crazy long yo!

I hope he is right. When I played there 10 days ago, I got very little.

I kind of hope he's wrong too, I'm hitting a nice high ball with my driver right now thats giving me a ton of carry but little to no roll, which is how I like to play.

I hope he is right. When I played there 10 days ago, I got very little.

I guess I'll find out tomorrow. If I have to, I'll change to my "higher is better" mind set. lol. That one is a little wilder.

Kevin

This day is flying by. Keeping busy has been key. Plus THP is buzzing with excitement, I love it!

I kind of hope he's wrong too, I'm hitting a nice high ball with my driver right now thats giving me a ton of carry but little to no roll, which is how I like to play.

Sounds like you're generating too much spin. I suggest a fitting.

Kevin

You tall guys always hit it high. We shorter fat fellows can't get as steep due to our girth.

Kevin

I've heard its all about girth.

Really? On the flat holes too? Lots of rain recently and FL grass usually equal almost no roll whatsoever.
That is great to hear I think.

What kinda roll do you guys usually get down here?

I'd guess my 250 drives had about 10/20 yards roll.

That's pretty typical for me.

Should add that in the spring up north we can get negative roll on drives, so any good forward roll is nice.

These seemed to get good roll for me, but I don't hit towering drives either.

Have you snapped any pics you can post up to tease us with? I've got 1 more meeting then I'm done for the week, going home to pack and likely lay wide awake all night from being too damn excited.

Have you snapped any pics you can post up to tease us with? I've got 1 more meeting then I'm done for the week, going home to pack and likely lay wide awake all night from being too damn excited.

Oh boy...refrain from doing one helluva FIFY job on this one. The directions it could go.....just like your tee shots.

Oh boy...refrain from doing one helluva FIFY job on this one. The directions it could go.....just like your tee shots.
Let's keep it clean buddy! Your right though, my tee shots can go any-frickin-where with a moment's notice. Last time I played I hit a few big ones right down the pipe, I hit a tree that wasn't even in play and I hit one about 125 yards and about a foot off the ground with a driver. I'm all over the place man. It makes it more fun really. Not knowing what you'll get is part of what keeps me coming back.

Let's keep it clean buddy! Your right though, my tee shots can go any-frickin-where with a moment's notice. Last time I played I hit a few big ones right down the pipe, I hit a tree that wasn't even in play and I hit one about 125 yards and about a foot off the ground with a driver. I'm all over the place man. It makes it more fun really. Not knowing what you'll get is part of what keeps me coming back.

Ha! Every tee shot an adventure, right, Jake? That's how us northerners that play the same dinky course over and over roll.

Kevin

Ha! Every tee shot an adventure, right, Jake? That's how us northerners that play the same dinky course over and over roll.

Kevin
This was a new course this time around, even had trees on it. I had my fair share of tree trouble, but nothing too awful. I like to hit bad drives because it gives me more of a chance to scramble for pars, that is my favorite thing to do. :beat-up:

This was a new course this time around, even had trees on it. I had my fair share of tree trouble, but nothing too awful. I like to hit bad drives because it gives me more of a chance to scramble for pars, that is my favorite thing to do. :beat-up:

A scrambled par is very satisfying. Like my brain.

Kevin

I prefer a tough par save to an easy birdie any day of the week.

Just finished packing up my golf bag and loading it in the car. Weighted it on the scale at work and it is 36 pounds right now, so I have some room for clothes. I was going to bubble wrap the top of the clubs but since I have the weight, I'm going to use some ginch instead.

I prefer a tough par save to an easy birdie any day of the week.

Not me. Except maybe on Tuesdays.

What kinda roll do you guys usually get down here?

I'd guess my 250 drives had about 10/20 yards roll.

That's pretty typical for me.

20 yards of roll on a flat hole in this area would be down right outstanding.

I was getting a little nervous. I like to get to airports early. Thought my flight was 5:55 and my wife and daughter aren't home from the golf tournament yet. Just spoke to my wife and it turns out I leave at 6:55.

And they're on their way home! I'll be leaving for FL in a while to play in TMC and participate in Media Day. Unreal.

Kevin

20 yards of roll on a flat hole in this area would be down right outstanding.

Isn't FL kind of hilly and mountainous?

Kevin

Yea but I'm practicing, I'll upload tonight while waiting on esox to get in.

Isn't FL kind of hilly and mountainous?

Kevin

I played Nicklaus today, not part of the MC, (tourny's on Watson/Palmer). And there were lots of hills and undulations. Bt JB will probably say they are flat bc I am used to glaciated plains in OHIO, what they have down here is down right fun!

Back