Need advice on dropping my handicap

Ok...got the course mapped out and have my game plan for tomorrow...6:40am tomorrow lets see how this goes.

Ok...got the course mapped out and have my game plan for tomorrow...6:40am tomorrow lets see how this goes.

good luck :) keep us posted about results

First hole bad start...popped my 3w up about 100 yards. Next shot good...good pitch...lipped out my par putt.

Second hole hit fairway but aimed left of green. Chip was 1st short. 2 over after 2 easy holes

3rd hole hit fairway and put a blind 6 onto the green 2 putt par. (300 yard straight then cut left is a terrible design)

4th got greedy after a good drive went for a tough pin and found the beach. Got up and down for par.

5th hole...the usual 5 on it...really don't know why it's not a par 5 still.

6th dead on the flag just short...up and down for par.

My distances are off I'm about to use my rangefinder if this keeps up

7th missed a birdie nice tee shot though.

8th a great driver shot (first driver use) still made par with 2 putts

On 9 now
a6cd0988-82c3-e394.jpg

Last edited:
First hole bad start...popped my 3w up about 100 yards. Next shot good...good pitch...lipped out my par putt.

Second hole hit fairway but aimed left of green. Chip was 1st short. 2 over after 2 easy holes

3rd hole hit fairway and put a blind 6 onto the green 2 putt par. (300 yard straight then cut left is a terrible design)

4th got greedy after a good drive went for a tough pin and found the beach. Got up and down for par

so what were your total score?

3 over after 5 :/ humid and windy is killing my distance problems.

So glad my back 9 is always better

Keep your head on your shoulders. You can turn it around!

Front 9 stats:

37 shots (+3)
6/7 FIRs
3/9 GIRs (alignment issue/being too aggressive)
13 putts

I blame a lot of this on the group infront of me...they are so slow and this guy hits multiple tee shots/talks on his phone instead of hitting

Just took a double on 10...drive went 200 with a weird flight...next shot went no where...etc...turns out the ball was cracked :/

I should be asking you for advice....LOL

Love these irons...just had a 7 iron knock down hold the green...first birdie comes on 13. Still 3 over (skipping hole 10 due to a broken ball)
Another on 14...+2 now. (temp is getting to 100)

Last edited:
2 holes left going to try to be smart on this par 5 then aggressive if my tee shot is good on the final hole.

Love these irons...just had a 7 iron knock down hold the green...first birdie comes on 13. Still 3 over (skipping hole 10 due to a broken ball)
Another on 14...+2 now. (temp is getting to 100)

lucky you, i want weather like that to, only 60 and rain here in sweden :(

Finished +4 (+2 if you don't count the cracked ball hole)

Stats:

Score-74/70 (68/66 w/o broken ball hole)
FIR-12/13
GIR- 6/18 (that is low for me and was partially from slow play ahead of me)
Sand save-3/4
Putts-23

Finished +4 (+2 if you don't count the cracked ball hole)

Stats:

Score-74/70 (68/66 w/o broken ball hole)
FIR-12/13
GIR- 6/18 (that is low for me and was partially from slow play ahead of me)
Sand save-3/4
Putts-23

Nice round c0ncept. Hopefully that is good enough.

2 holes left going to try to be smart on this par 5 then aggressive if my tee shot is good on the final hole.

Is 18 at Karsten the one with the water on the right side of the fairway or the left side? I can never remember. I get so back-ass-wards on that course.

Is 18 at Karsten the one with the water on the right side of the fairway or the left side? I can never remember. I get so back-ass-wards on that course.

Left side lol (9 water 18)

Tryouts is 2 rounds of 18 with a target score. 146 I think

Left side lol (9 water 18)

Tryouts is 2 rounds of 18 with a target score. 146 I think

I would think par would be good. Never make their target score, YOUR target score. Always go lower for breathing room in case a couple guys career it.

As me & my boys always said in college...balls to the wall, or go the f*** home!

That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)

Yeah I am aiming for 140 or less

Arnold Palmer once said the easiest way to lower your scores is with an eraser! :act-up:

Cool to see you are thinking about trying out for ASU, c0ncept. I agree with Beanie in saying to go for it, so you have no regrets.

I would think par would be good. Never make their target score, YOUR target score. Always go lower for breathing room in case a couple guys career it.

As me & my boys always said in college...balls to the wall, or go the f*** home!

I agree here. Post a couple score near par and show you know how to work your butt off. Show then you're willing to work on what you need work on after your round for a little bit. I can tell you my coaches looked for two things, 1. Scores around par 2. Show your willing to work on getting better with a good attitude.

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Like others have said it's not the distance. I feel as if distance control and course management are huge things those are two huge things in my opinion that allow good scores. Always focusing and hitting GIRs always help.

Just want to say thanks again for all the support and advice. Just spent a few hours at the range and hit about 400 balls. 6am tee time tomorrow to give Karsten another shot (this time with a buddy who I usually play terribly around so it should be great practice)

I'm aiming for a few more GIRs this round so I am going to work on making sure I take my time on approach shots and I am going to stop hitting FW off the tee on holes that I dont need to layup on.

Ill let you know how it goes

Just want to say thanks again for all the support and advice. Just spent a few hours at the range and hit about 400 balls. 6am tee time tomorrow to give Karsten another shot (this time with a buddy who I usually play terribly around so it should be great practice)

I'm aiming for a few more GIRs this round so I am going to work on making sure I take my time on approach shots and I am going to stop hitting FW off the tee on holes that I dont need to layup on.

Ill let you know how it goes

How're you doin

Back