Can i still return it?

x942k6

Reaction score
hi,

I recently started to play golf again. And I went to Pro Golf about 2 weeks ago to shop for a driver. I went to the store and tried out a few drivers(r11, r9 supertri, burnersuperfast..etc)I was convinced by the staff that the Superfast 2.0 tp suits me and I can learn from hitting the driver. Since i have no idea how those figures on the screen means, i trusted the staff and bought it(a 8.5* ). I did mentioned to the staff that I have tendency to slice...

So after i took it to 2 or 3 range sessions, i wasnt able to launch the ball in the air and i was slicing the ball badly. So i went back to the store and told the same staff that I do think it fits me. However, he convinced me that I should still get a SF 2.0 tp with 10.5* loft. And I ended up exchanged it for a 10.5*.

After another 10 range sessions....I still cannot hit the ball straight...I am hitting it very inconsistent...I think the 2* open of the TP is really killing me...

Should I still be able to return it and maybe get a R11 or something that I can adjust the face, or at least the face isnt open? Is it possible to return a product that I already exchanged once?

It's really bothering me....pls give me some thoughts....

Another question,

Which driver should I get for exchange? My average SS is 97.5, and I use 7 iron to get to 150yrd. I do not prefer higher launch driver as i usually drives pretty high.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

2 degrees open? WTF? Yes take it back and exchange it for an r11 my friend. Sorry about all your difficulties.....

I don't see why you couldn't return it as long as it hasn't been too long since you got it. And 2* open is a ton so of course you're prone to slicing it. You'd have to close your wrosts a ton to prevent a slice with that thing.

---
- I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Yes, take it back immediately. Will they exchange or refund? I'm not sure. But this is obviously not the setup for you. I would recommend getting professionally fitted for the right driver/shaft combo for you. If you are going to spend the money, you should get fitted and most places will do it for free if you purchase the driver there. Good luck, keep us posted.

The TP model has the open face while the non-TP is closed. I have the non-TP model and tended to slice at times until I cut the shaft down to 45.25". Now it's straight down the middle all the time, unless my swing gets away from me. As for exchanging yours, I would think you should be able to since they are the ones recommending you the club that isn't working. Check out the non-TP SuperFast 2.0 and see what you think.

I know it may seem obvious, but you need to see a pro and see what you can do about getting that slice under control. If you buy one with a really closed face you may be able to cut down on the slice, but you will not eleminate it. Good luck with the club exchange, but do see a pro.

Definitely get a different club. Check out those Hot Lists on Golf.com or Golfdigest.com. Look for Game Improvement, or Super Game Improvement under the driver section. Come back to THP, read the reviews. Then go to your shop and test some of those. And yes, a pro will help, but not everyone can afford the lessons or want to learn on their own.

hi,

I recently started to play golf again. And I went to Pro Golf about 2 weeks ago to shop for a driver. I went to the store and tried out a few drivers(r11, r9 supertri, burnersuperfast..etc)I was convinced by the staff that the Superfast 2.0 tp suits me and I can learn from hitting the driver. Since i have no idea how those figures on the screen means, i trusted the staff and bought it(a 8.5* ). I did mentioned to the staff that I have tendency to slice...

So after i took it to 2 or 3 range sessions, i wasnt able to launch the ball in the air and i was slicing the ball badly. So i went back to the store and told the same staff that I do think it fits me. However, he convinced me that I should still get a SF 2.0 tp with 10.5* loft. And I ended up exchanged it for a 10.5*.

After another 10 range sessions....I still cannot hit the ball straight...I am hitting it very inconsistent...I think the 2* open of the TP is really killing me...

Should I still be able to return it and maybe get a R11 or something that I can adjust the face, or at least the face isnt open? Is it possible to return a product that I already exchanged once?

It's really bothering me....pls give me some thoughts....

Another question,

Which driver should I get for exchange? My average SS is 97.5, and I use 7 iron to get to 150yrd. I do not prefer higher launch driver as i usually drives pretty high.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

The best thing you could do for yourself would be to locate a PGA teaching professional and get some real help with your swing. Exchanging drivers right now is not the solution. Spend your money right now on lessons.

Honestly, after a lesson, you will realize that an open clubface is so much easier to deal with than a closed one.

If they let you return it, I'd definitely do that and get fitted elsewhere. It doesn't look like the staff has been very helpful at all.

I know it may seem obvious, but you need to see a pro and see what you can do about getting that slice under control. If you buy one with a really closed face you may be able to cut down on the slice, but you will not eleminate it. Good luck with the club exchange, but do see a pro.
What he said. Seeing a pro will help you more. A closed face will only hide the slice.

I would try to return it.

That being said, if I was a 36 handicap I'm not sure I'd be hitting a driver anyways. It's alluring to have one and everybody wants the "best and most forgiving" but a 3 wood is going to be much easier to hit and more manageable. If you're stubborn (like me) and absolutely have to hit a driver on anything over 250 yards understand that it's going to cost you strokes. I'm currently in the process of counting the penalties incurred from my driver in a typical round and realizing that I would post better scores without one. I'm a 17.6 handicap and can hit the ball 280 when I connect well, it's just super inconsistent.

Understand that I'm giving you advice that I have a hard time following myself.

If it is their policy to let you return it and you are not comfortable with it then I would return it. I'm guessing 2 degrees open is not the sole cause of your slice but it certainly doesn't help. I'm a huge believer in playing which ever club you are most comfortable with.

Thanks everyone for the very helpful advise. Just want to say that the staff there was very friendly and I think the problem is really on my swing. However, I want to say that I am able to hit the R9 460 straight. And the slice from the SF 2.0 tp were just crazy.....

I went to the store just now and they were very kind and I also tried R9 460, Supertri tp, and 910 D3. I hitted better with the D3 and R9 460, but I still cant make up my mind, So i will go tmr to try them all out again.

Thanks for all your kind reply, i will update tmr.

Honestly, after a lesson, you will realize that an open clubface is so much easier to deal with than a closed one.

That is not necessarily true at all. For some yes, but for others not at all. An open face is no different than a closed face of the same degrees. They are both in place for the same reason.

Boy do I have something for you. Minty PING G10 9* Draw Diamana Blueboard 63S. Think about it and save yourself some trouble, $$$ and head aches. :thumb:

Why the heck would someone fit someone who slices with a club that's open?!

Not only is the TP open, but isn't the weight designated to produce a fade bias??

Back