This was on MSN Autos today:

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/best-cars-for-long-road-trips?icid=autos_2001&GT1=22009#8

Best Cars for Long Road Trips
Best for a Rough Road: Subaru Outback
Sticker Price: $28,495 (2.5i Limited)
EPA highway MPG: 29

Subaru basically created the not-quite-SUV niche in 1995 when it added big tires and a suspension lift to its Legacy model to create the Outback.

Redesigned in 2010 with more-generous proportions, we rated its latest iteration the Best in Class wagon thanks to its stylish design, strong resale values and heaps of utility.

The Outback shines when your road-trip destination is a trailhead, mountain cabin or canoe put-in reachable only by something that's not quite a road. Though not prepared for true off-roading with the Jeep crowd, this wagon's extra ground clearance and all-wheel drive will make sure you get there.

For road-trip duty, we'd recommend optioning up to the 2.5i Limited model, which gets you ten-way power-adjustable seats, seat heaters and the ability to add an in-dash navigation system.

The cool thing is this is the car I have, the 2.5i Limited model! The one thing it does not have is the navigation system (I use a TomTom for that). It says 29 mpg, but I'd say it's more like 28 hwy 22 city. It has a on demand mpg gauge, but it's off by about 2 mpg when I actually check my mileage by calculator when I fill up.

6e7ed0283e464db08d7aaec0c334cc35.jpg

This was on MSN Autos today:

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/best-cars-for-long-road-trips?icid=autos_2001&GT1=22009#8

The cool thing is this is the car I have, the 2.5i Limited model! The one thing it does not have is the navigation system (I use a TomTom for that). It says 29 mpg, but I'd say it's more like 28 hwy 22 city. It has a on demand mpg gauge, but it's off by about 2 mpg when I actually check my mileage by calculator when I fill up.

6e7ed0283e464db08d7aaec0c334cc35.jpg

I spent 6 years in Colorado and going on 4 years in Utah. I think half the population in both these states drives suburus. They are excellent in the snow. You really get a lot of bang for your buck with suburu. Nice ride!!

2007 Silverado Ext cab, 85,000 miles and I left it home this road trip, we are in the Wife's Traverse 5,800 miles so far.

IMG_1996.JPG

I spent 6 years in Colorado and going on 4 years in Utah. I think half the population in both these states drives suburus. They are excellent in the snow. You really get a lot of bang for your buck with suburu. Nice ride!!
They sure are. Never had a bit of trouble this past winter. One of the many reasons I chose this vehicle.

2005 Silver honda civic

2011 Acura TSX Grey in color LOVE my car

2007 Silverado Ext cab, 85,000 miles and I left it home this road trip, we are in the Wife's Traverse 5,800 miles so far.
I drove an 03 as a company vehicle for a couple of years and really liked it a lot! And I am a Ford truck guy.

2011 Ford Edge limited
2011-Ford-Edge-566x318.jpg
[/IMG]
1953 Ford Customline
my_53.jpg
[/IMG]

I love old cars! Really like the fender skirt!

I drive a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee and my wife drives a 2007 BMW 328Xi

besides golf and watches, cars/motorcycles are my only other vice.

'03 mb e55 amg...fully modded
'06 range rover sport supercharged

I drive an '07 Toyota Tacoma and the Mrs. drives a '08 Land Rover LE.

2011 Ford Fusion

Heather and I have twin 2010 Mercury Milans. Hers is white suede, mine's smokestone.

2006 Toyota 4Runner. Great for 4 guys, 4 golf bags, and 4 rounds of golf over a long weekend!

2011 Ford Fusion SE with the special Red Candy Metallic paint which looks phenomenal when waxed up.
Spoiler
DSC00593.jpg

3.0L V6 upgraded motor.
Appearance package gave me the 18" rims and go-fast tires, upgraded cloth interior, some chrome(-like) accoutrements and the trunk spoiler.
It's basically a cross between the SEL and the Sport.
I love it.
And SYNC rocks!

I drive a 2004 Pewter colored Chevy Tahoe, or the Frathoe as its called by my buddies.

2001 For Ranger Edge, yellow

Wife: 2007 For Fusion

I like to drive the fusion to work every now and then to keep the gas cost down, as I can drive a week and a half on a full tank to just work in it, compared to maybe a week in the truck.

I Drive a 2003 Dodge Quad Cab---- Blue "Yes It'd got a HEMI"

Wife drive's a 2010 Ford Flex<<<<By far the best purchase I've ever made.

2007 BMW 328i Coupe
2785070639_28dd593341_z.jpg

2007 Doge Charger 3.5L (medium) version. Well...I used to... now I drive my wife's '99 VW Passat. Apparently the black VW is "too hot" to carry our 2yr in druing summer. ...sigh...I miss my car.

2005 Dodge Magnum HEMI V8. Almost 400 HP...

hair045.jpg

Used to have this, but had nothing but problems with it.

DSCF0932.jpg

Now been replaced with this one,

IMG_0435.jpg

2004 Audi A4 with Some Minor modds

Back