AK jr.

d2 college player
Reaction score
Handicap
anybody on here use one? i have hit them in stores before and i really like the feel, but the reason i havent gotten one is because i have a scotty cameron already and the store i go to does not have the model i like in stock, so i would have to custom order. but, all things aside, i am a putter ***** and change often, which i would soon like to change, but i will probably be picking up a rife island series bimini or abaco sometime within the next few months

AK,
My playing partner is in love with the Rife 2 bar Hybrid he has. If you read the GEL putter review you will see a Rife was tested with it and fared very well. Grooved putters DO WORK.

i used to putt with a yes! and loved it, the problem was that on longer putts, i was having trouble controlling the speed with the yes!. i go the scotty cuz it was used but in great shape and at an affordable price. what did you think of the gel putter?

The review says it all right on the front page. It is worth the read.

just finished reading it. it looks good, i think eventually grooved putters might be the standard. unfortunately i doubt i will get to try a gel putter, so the rife is the winner right now for me

Rife makes a solid putter and since most sites on the net are devoted to talking about hyped up putters rather than others they get overlooked. More wins on the Champions Tour, yet they pay nobody.

I recently picked up a rife Abaco and have played with it for 27 holes and have rolled in a couple putts over 27'. I personally have found much better distance controll and the groove technology of theirs really puts a great roll on the ball. I find the build quality to be there with betti and Scotty at half the price. I love my rife putter.

Does anyone else on here roll a rife?

Had to google them and wow, this putter is gorgeous

http://www.rifeputters.com/store/#!/~/product/category=1943225&id=10129427

$T2eC16hHJHQE9nzEzv2CBQpSO-QCQw~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16VHJIkE9qU3kIdIBQpSPGm4UQ~~60_57.JPG

I had a Rife Cayman Brac. I liked it a lot. Rife makes a good putter. Not a lot of love. But it is what it is.

I really like the tropical finish. Mine is just the standard finish but I still like the look.

Picked up a Barabados belly (chopped down) Island Series last month and have been rolling it well. Finish is gorgeous.
u2ubu2yz.jpg

9abe4ava.jpg

Absolutely love the tropical finish... it's unbelievable. Have yet to see one in person, but as I am a fan of 8802 style blades, I hope to soon!

I played in the Ohio invitational with Benji (Dance_Business) and he had one, man was that putter pretty. He said he loved it. I'd like to roll one just because of the way they look!

I played in the Ohio invitational with Benji (Dance_Business) and he had one, man was that putter pretty. He said he loved it. I'd like to roll one just because of the way they look!

The 8802 style? Or just that particular finish?

The 8802 style? Or just that particular finish?

Um I wanna say he said it was Aruba? It was a normal blade style plumber necks, with the multicolor finish.

Um I wanna say he said it was Aruba? It was a normal blade style plumber necks, with the multicolor finish.

Ah ok the blade I think is called "Bimini"

I've been playing my Rife Antigua for a few years, and I finally gave up trying to kick it out with something cooler or more exotic and impressive to look at. I love my rife putter, and it loves me back, so I'm just going to keep it forever I guess. Seriously, in the last three years I've tried to boot my Rife with no less than 6 different putters, and the Rife always manages to get itself back into the bag. They feel great, and they roll great. So what if there's not a ton of them on TV on the weekend tour rounds? They're great putters regardless.

I bought my wife a Rife putter and she loves it. It is a nice putter..

I've been playing my Rife Antigua for a few years, and I finally gave up trying to kick it out with something cooler or more exotic and impressive to look at. I love my rife putter, and it loves me back, so I'm just going to keep it forever I guess. Seriously, in the last three years I've tried to boot my Rife with no less than 6 different putters, and the Rife always manages to get itself back into the bag. They feel great, and they roll great. So what if there's not a ton of them on TV on the weekend tour rounds? They're great putters regardless.
I don't think I have ever tried a putter that rolled better or feels better so I don't know mine will ever be replaced. Not saying they are the best I don't think that others are better.
I love the alignment aids and the way mine sets up for me.

I have a Two Bar mallet that I bought probably 9 years ago...wow...had to really think about when I bought it. It replaced my old Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum (which I still have). It's been a great putter, but I recently got a Odyssey V-Line White Hot Pro and have been rolling that in the basement since I got it. The truth will come out next weekend when I finally get to roll it on the greens. I think I'll probably bring my Two Bar with me to the course, but leave it in the trunk and if the V-Line is not rolling how I think it should...then I'll grab the Two Bar at the turn. So far my initial take from rolling the two on the carpet in my basement is a difference in feel due to the White Hot insert. My Two Bar was in my bag when I rolled a couple of 69's and 68's, and it's hard to forget those when the ball was falling from EVERY distance those days. Guess we will see...all it really needs is a new grip, it's prefect other than that.

I'm bringing an old thread back from the dead. I'm "in love" with the Tropical finish putters. Does anyone still play Rifes with the Tropical finish?

If so, are there issues with glare? Does the rainbow pattern move in the light and draw your eyes away from the ball?

Are there issues with finish durability? I read somewhere where someone had sanded the finish off. That kind of surprised me and suggested it might not be durable.

Are there any other concerns?

I'm bringing an old thread back from the dead. I'm "in love" with the Tropical finish putters. Does anyone still play Rifes with the Tropical finish?

If so, are there issues with glare? Does the rainbow pattern move in the light and draw your eyes away from the ball?

Are there issues with finish durability? I read somewhere where someone had sanded the finish off. That kind of surprised me and suggested it might not be durable.

Are there any other concerns?

Mine is in the mail, as Golfsmith is selling these bad boys for $59.98 (in case you didn't see the discussion)

A7N5e10CYAAXOA_.jpg

Back