Nike Golf Introduces the Nike Dunk NG

Well, since they were going for an exact replica of the old school basketball shoe, then they got it right.

If they were trying to make an attractive golf shoe, they got it wrong.

:clapp:

I think those look sick. I would rock them on the course.

As someone who is normally a fan of Nike golf shoes, these look awful.

I think they look better than the ones that TW has been wearing.

---
- Tappin' from my iPad!

I like Nike but I have to say they got this one wrong. Most country clubs and decent courses require collared shirts, no jeans, etc. I could see them not allowing these shoes because they dont look very nice.

I've been rocking Nike Dunks for 20 years now. I buy them off NikeID.com so I can get them in custom colors for the same price as a regular pair (plus shipping of course). I got to do some searching for the pic, but a friend of mine gave all his groomsmen a new set of custom dunks for the wedding. It was awesome.

I'm a little worried about stability since the nike dunk is a flat, wide sole bottom.

Check the pic in the sig. Dunks for life baby. (casual wear of course. haha)

Not sure I understand appropriate vs inappropriate when it comes to golf clothes in general or golf shoes, I guess it is a mystery to me.

I like traditional golf shoes, I always go back to the black or white saddle or some variation. I just dig old school golf shoes. That being said, I'd totally wear these for a casual round or as a way to convince my non-golf playing friends who don't think golf is cool.

can't say I'm a fan of these....sorry Nike

I like the look as a casual golf shoe but I wouldn't ever consider buying a pair to play in.

Nike dunks = most over used shoes style ever.

Not sure I understand appropriate vs inappropriate when it comes to golf clothes in general or golf shoes, I guess it is a mystery to me.
I agree. The world is moving on, and as JB said, why should we all dress one way?

People are individuals, and as long as it's a golf shoe, then I see no issues with it being appropriate.

Some won't like the style, which is fine, but appropriate vs not? Who are any of us to say what is and what isn't?

No thanks I just can't get over the look.

$160?! Are the f-----g nuts?

Someone once paid $40,000 for a pair of Nike Dunks if it makes you feel any better.

Thats sick,someone famous must of own those. I wouldnt pay $160 for that. Nice but the price is Crazy.

A lot of mixed reactions to these shoes! I'm not sure Id wear them myself, but I guess its just personal preference. Its nice to see some interesting new golf shoe concepts though!

I have a lot of Nike shoes and a couple pairs of Dunks, but they just don't look right. Has Nike run out of ideas for original golf shoes or something? First they added some spikes to their Nike Free runners, and now the dunks. I assume they don't make a lot of money from their golf shoe line and that's why they don't put their better designers in the team. If they did I can't imagine it's so hard to make a casual-looking golf shoes without copying something they designed for another sport.

I will pass. I like nike shoes and usually all I buy but these dont look to good, especially at $160.

I have a lot of Nike shoes and a couple pairs of Dunks, but they just don't look right. Has Nike run out of ideas for original golf shoes or something? First they added some spikes to their Nike Free runners, and now the dunks. I assume they don't make a lot of money from their golf shoe line and that's why they don't put their better designers in the team. If they did I can't imagine it's so hard to make a casual-looking golf shoes without copying something they designed for another sport.

They make a huge amount of money from shoes. The Lunar Controls that came out this year are one of the best designed and most comfortable shoe on the market. However they also release niche market shoes, just like they do in every market they are in each year.

I have been a fan of the Nike Dunk for a long time and have a few pair. I love the look of these shoes. I am sure Nike was trying to reach their sneaker head market within the world of golf with these ones. The Dunk has been synonymous within the shoe world almost up there with the Air Force One and the Jordan brand. I would love to own a pair of these and would add them directly to my current collection. Now I would not wear them to a top tear course. I would respect the stigma and style most resorts like to keep. If I was going to my local muni where most people wear jeans, I wouldnt have a problem wearing these. I currently wear my regular dunks with khaki shorts all the time and I feel they look very nice and sleek. If they had came out with Air Force One golf shoes...... I would pass. Those are too gaudy.

I like Nike but I have to say they got this one wrong. Most country clubs and decent courses require collared shirts, no jeans, etc. I could see them not allowing these shoes because they dont look very nice.

Wow......:curl-lip:

Props to the OEM's for getting away from the classic/basic shoe designs, however, I am not a fan of these personally. Maybe I'm being way OCD but I just don't see this being a good look with performance fabrics. I guess putting it together with more casual (cotton) collared shirt might be a good look.

Back