Florida Gathering

Thanks Spank, he thinks he is better than he is....he's good man to golf with, lots of jokes.

No issues here bro. I just hope he doesn't take me to the woodshed. Hehe.

Thanks Spank, he thinks he is better than he is....he's good man to golf with, lots of jokes.

Good, I like jokes. It keeps me from concentrating on my crappy golf game.

I agree with Spank, bring your Dad T, no worries here.. besides, to have you do all this work and not be there wouldn't be fair.

No worries here - especially considering all you have done to put this together. Looking forward to meeting him.

Absolutely don't care, any time you get to play with your dad I think you should jump at it. Bring him along.

I'm looking forward to this. I should be bringing the Tour Mills T-Rad II with me, if not my new irons, which I'm still holding out home that they will show up on that friday before. If only Taylormade wasn't in California.

Well, was able to play today. It was hot and pretty windy. Played from 6500 yards, 127 slope, 71.8 rating. Greens were running true, maybe 9 on the stimp.

Antway, all of a sudden I've started hitting a draw/hook, and am kind of lost on how/where to aim.

I started out aiming waaaaayyyy too much to the right, and it cost me a ton of penalty shots.

I played the first 7 holes in 14 over! I settled in on 8, and played the remaining 11 holes in 3 over, which included a 3 putt and a fat 9 iron which got me into trouble.

I have no idea which swing is going to show up for the outing! I really did not make a putt today, but hit a ton of putts on the edge. Hopefully they start falling soon.

BTW - one of the people I played with (a +2) made 8 birdies and shot a 68, which included a bogey on a par 5 (which looked like it was going to be an easy birdie at one point) and a double on 18 due to a pushed hybrid into the water. It could have easily been a 64 - I never never seen anything like it.

Well, was able to play today. It was hot and pretty windy. Played from 6500 yards, 127 slope, 71.8 rating. Greens were running true, maybe 9 on the stimp.

Antway, all of a sudden I've started hitting a draw/hook, and am kind of lost on how/where to aim.

I started out aiming waaaaayyyy too much to the right, and it cost me a ton of penalty shots.

I played the first 7 holes in 14 over! I settled in on 8, and played the remaining 11 holes in 3 over, which included a 3 putt and a fat 9 iron which got me into trouble.

I have no idea which swing is going to show up for the outing! I really did not make a putt today, but hit a ton of putts on the edge. Hopefully they start falling soon.

BTW - one of the people I played with (a +2) made 8 birdies and shot a 68, which included a bogey on a par 5 (which looked like it was going to be an easy birdie at one point) and a double on 18 due to a pushed hybrid into the water. It could have easily been a 64 - I never never seen anything like it.

That would be special to watch.

Where did you play?

That would be special to watch.

Where did you play?

We played Hunter's green in North Tampa. He smashed his driver a good 280 - 300 a few times, and hit his irons dead on. And he drained 3 20 footers too. The couple of times he missed a green he chipped to a foot. It was, as you said, special to watch.

Thanks guys I appreciate the support, the senior Kong will be pleased.
So we need one more to make 12. Waiting on a confirmation. If I don't have by Wednesday then I'm reaching out to a couple of THPrs for the last spot.
So I managed a few prizes for the morning round. We have a THP 2011 Putter cover, a Ashworth tec shirt and a dozen MG C4 Pros. We will have a long drive, closest to the flag and a lowest net. This should be a blast for all involved. Can't wait to meet everyone.

Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

That's awesome dude, I'll be coming in friday evening so let me know if you need any help, I'll see if I can get a prize too.

I can't wait! I know I haven't been posting much but I have been lurking and am excited to meet everyone. I'm sure you guys will see me around here more often after Saturday.

Oh, and about your Dad, I agree with wakeriderof87, anytime that you can get out with your Dad is a must and it's nice that we will get to meet him as well.

Hey T I will have definate answer before sat. evening. I really want to be there for this .Glad Sr will be there.

Bump for the Gathering....

Slight bump in the road boys, GC booked a 144 man outing on the North/South the morning of September 10th. The revenue was too great to pass up, I don't blame them. Anyway, we will be playing the new course in the AM and have tee times on the North/South in the afternoon. Morningtimes are still at 9-930 and the afternoon times are at 3-330. The rate is still $69 for all day play. I hope this doesn't stop people from coming but we have to work with the course to make all parties happy.

Slight bump in the road boys, GC booked a 144 man outing on the North/South the morning of September 10th. The revenue was too great to pass up, I don't blame them. Anyway, we will be playing the new course in the AM and have tee times on the North/South in the afternoon. Morningtimes are still at 9-930 and the afternoon times are at 3-330. The rate is still $69 for all day play. I hope this doesn't stop people from coming but we have to work with the course to make all parties happy.

No worries - I have not played there at all - so all courses are new to me.

No worries - I have not played there at all - so all courses are new to me. Can't believe we are so close to playing!

For those who haven't played The New Course, it's very different and a huge amount of fun!

Let's see....$69 x 144 = Lotta dough. I can't blame them. No prob, as long as we get to play away from them.

Yes - sounds like we will be on a separate course so I would not expect issues.

However, since there will be a full group there for an early (I am assuming shotgun start) I think we should get there a little early - I imagine the pro shop might be a little crazy.

No worries here either. I'd have to take my revenge on N/S to the PM.

We will be across the street from the outing. If you plan on warming up you will want to get there early. I will try to find out waht time the out goes off but the range has limited space. There is a putting green over by the first tee of the New Course. We will be fine and you guys will enjoy the St andrews replica in the AM. Lots of hidden pot bunkers and great terrian.

I got there early and it was still packed. Tad, are they just limiting us to that one range or does the New Course have a separate area?

I think there are two ranges the public and the private side. So unless they open the private we will be using the public side. I almost 100% sure there is not one on the New Course but it has been a year or more since Ihave played that course.

I got there early and it was still packed. Tad, are they just limiting us to that one range or does the New Course have a separate area?

The new course has a putting green as well as a separate chipping green with bunker, but no range.
Grand Cypress has two full ranges, one public and one private. You are limited to the public side without a member present.
However at this time of year, you should be able to find open spots with no issues at all.

Back