The Quit Smoking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks CBU. I was talking to someone today about this. I told them that I didn't want to quit smoking, I just wanted to quit doing something that could potentially kill me over time. People ask me why I even care with how little I smoke, but it all matters IMO. Why put a little tar in my lungs when I can put none.

Well spoken Seth. I hope it works out, seems like a solid idea. Love that you KNOW where you want to go and exactly why, that's huge for stopping an addictive habit. Good on ya bud.

Hope this works for you Seth.

I really hope it works for you Seth, I quit smoking about 7 weeks ago cold turkey, and it's been tough so I know what you mean about being bored.

On the plus side I started to golf right around when I quit smoking so the money that I have saved has been spent on the range instead :)

Good luck dude. I smoked a pack a day for about 8 years and stopped 3 years ago using Nicorette. It helped me psychologically as I knew my system had the nicotine it wanted, so the rest was just will power.

I chewed for over 25 years and quit using herbal chew. Haven't had tobacco chew in over 3 years. It was tough.

Unfortunately, "herbal" cigarettes aren't exactly legal, hahaha.

Don't worry about this weekend SethO, I don't smoke cigs and won't bring my cigars.

Good luck, one of the hardest things I have ever done is to quit smoking. I had to keep reminding myself that the reason I felt so horrible after quitting was because I had smoked and not because I had quit, big difference. It reinforced the quitting as the cure and took away the thought of just having one more to relieve the negative feelings.

Thanks CBU. I was talking to someone today about this. I told them that I didn't want to quit smoking, I just wanted to quit doing something that could potentially kill me over time. People ask me why I even care with how little I smoke, but it all matters IMO. Why put a little tar in my lungs when I can put none.

what brand ecig did you get? there are a few that are a rip off and others that are great quality

what brand ecig did you get? there are a few that are a rip off and others that are great quality

Bloog. Seems to be getting some decent reviews.

---
- Sent from my iPhone, so please ignore my horrid spelling mistakes.

This is a thread resurrection, but oh well. I have been doing pretty well on the smoking front lately. I don't really ever smoke on the week days, but it is hard to not have any when I am on the golf course. I placed an order yesterday for an e-cigarette. I go days without smoking, so I figured I would get cartridges with 0 nicotine as I just enjoy the act of smoking. The plan is to have this for long car drives and when I am on the course. I am very excited to see how this works.

That is a great plan Seth. I have lost too many people that I loved to cigarette smoke. I'm glad you are quitting man!:good:

Good thinking buddy, I quit in January of 1976 and still think it was one of the best decisions I ever made. I too think it matters.

I quit smokes about 5 years ago? Was a pack a day, and hated how I felt st the end of a day.

I tried multiple times before actually being able to. I used those committ nicotine lozenges, they worked better than anything else.

If I've been drinking ive been known to steal a smoke but I think I've had 3 in the sat two years haha.

Recently started smoking cigars but they do nothing for my nicotine habit as they. Are competely different animal IMO. I don't crave cigars, I did crave cigarettes!

I think it was one of the hardest things I'd ever done so good luck man!

Bloog. Seems to be getting some decent reviews.

---
- Sent from my iPhone, so please ignore my horrid spelling mistakes.

im gonna go premium ecig... they have a lot of flavor options lol and i too dont want any nicotine but i still crave the "action" of smoking but not the smoke itself

I seriously doubt if that's gonna and you will run out of clubs. I believe you try out nicotine patches or the use of electronic cigarettes to reduce the urge and addiction of nicotine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am digging this one up because today is a great day for me! I have officially gone 6 months without any form of nicotine! I never thought I would make it to be honest. I think I am going to treat myself to some sushi tonight.

I am digging this one up because today is a great day for me! I have officially gone 6 months without any form of nicotine! I never thought I would make it to be honest. I think I am going to treat myself to some sushi tonight.
Eating or watching? hehehe

Congrats, Seth. Keep it up buddy!

Good job buddy. That's great to hear. Now go watch people eat sushi and enjoy yourself

^This announcement got page raped so I am posting it again.

Eating or watching? hehehe

Congrats, Seth. Keep it up buddy!

haha. Eating a bunch of it. My bank account is going to be hurting after tonight.

Awesome job SethO, I've been free and clear of NIcotine for well over a year now and I don't even think about it anymore to be honest.

^This announcement got page raped so I am posting it again.

haha. Eating a bunch of it. My bank account is going to be hurting after tonight.

Congrats Seth!

Great job Seth, congratulations. Go make yourself puke!

Awesome job SethO, I've been free and clear of NIcotine for well over a year now and I don't even think about it anymore to be honest.

wow it's been that long already? That's great

Way to go SethO!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using Tapatalk

Congrats to you too, breeze! I don't remember the date I quit (sometime in February 2008), but I'm over four years without.

Quitting nicotine products is good for everyone involved. Plus, your insurance rates go down by around half!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back