Alignment lines on iron faces

Oregon Golfer

#XBomb
Reaction score
Handicap
What do you prefer for alignment lines on your irons? For me, I don't mind a white line on the bottom groove to help square the face at setup. My current irons don't have this though and I can't say I've missed it. Is this more of a SGI or GI feature?

Here are examples of a few irons I had laying around, From bottom to top: Srixon Z-Star, Burner 2.0, Callaway FT, Callaway Big Bertha X-12

PICT0473.jpg

The X-12's are the first I have seem that have vertical lines, (parallel to target line).

I actually wish they had something with SeeMore type RST on an Iron.

I like the simple burner 2.0 setup. Pretty much the same thing on my '09 burners

Can't say that it really matters to me, don't really pay any attention to any sort of lines like that on irons.

Nice sets of irons you have just laying around.

To be honest, I dont think I have ever paid attention to alignment lines on my irons.

Nice sets of irons you have just laying around...

Actually, the only "set" I have is the Z-Star's. The others I just have single irons.

Doesn't make a difference to me

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

No lines on my MX-300's and I have never missed them.

Makes me no difference. I can't see the lines at address really, so it matters not to me.

Dont notice them at all so I would say no preference for me.

Don't notice tbh. I tend to line up slightly open, so as I set up I make sure that my club looks slightly "closed" to my eye so I know I'm aligned correctly.

I have seen clubs with paint in a groove but I see little practical value to that.

I personally like the painted line, but it never stays, you clean out the grooves and the paint comes right out.

I had them on my old irons (callaway x-14's) and thought they were a nice feature, but after using the irons a few times I kinda totally forgot about them. So no they don't bother me one bit.

Is that what the white line is for? I could never figure out what it was on my irons, I bought them used and I figured someone put whiteout in the bottom grooves...

doesnt matter to me

I have X-18s and the lines don't matter to me.

I prefer no alignment line. Ive owned a few iron sets that had the line and I never paid any attention it.

I don't notice them either. It doesn't matter to me if they are there or not.

Back