Emerald Greens in Tampa

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Im curious if anybody has played this course in the last 12 months or so? Played it years ago, but since switching management groups, I have not tried it out. I used to love it back in the day and while I know it is private/resort only, I was curious if anybody has had a chance to play it.

I was looking into that course to play when I head to Florida in October. I will be in Tampa for a few days and Orlando for a few days. I'm curious as well if anyone has tried it out so I can decide which courses to play at and which ones to not waste my time at.

• Admin
I was looking into that course to play when I head to Florida in October. I will be in Tampa for a few days and Orlando for a few days. I'm curious as well if anyone has tried it out so I can decide which courses to play at and which ones to not waste my time at.

If memory serves me, it is not open for public play. Just resort guests and local members. At least that is what they just told us on the phone.

Oh thanks. Hmm, I must have looked at the info wrong online.

EDIT: Just remembered this is the course a friend of mine says he can get us on to because he knows someone that works there, thats why I was looking at it.

I played out there within the last 12 months. When I played it was in nice shape and the greens were definitely above average. It all depends on what other courses you're thinking about playing instead of here, but if you're going to be in the area and can get out there it's definitely worth playing.

Using Tapatalk on my phone, so I apologize for any errors or delayed responses.

Cheers,
Tristan

• Admin
Living in the Tampa Bay area since 1978 off an on, I have played almost every course there.
This one in particular has gone through a massive change since the new ownership group came in.
That was why the question, not really comparing it to others in the area, more about an actual review of this one.

I have heard from the LPGA girls that train there that the greens during season are as good as any in the area. They were just above average to you? Can you elaborate?

I was using above average as a compliment. I prefer fast greens and these were definitely to my liking. They were probably about an 11 or so when I played, which I was a little surprised by since it's a resort course and I thought resorts usually like to keep them a little slower. The one thing that stuck with me was how easy the greens were to read for me. I get tricked reading greens quite a bit, but I was reading the breaks very well for me. Very true smooth rolls on the greens also. Some greens around here can throw in some random hops and bumps, which I'm sure you know from living in the area, but these were nice. Greens wise there aren't many courses in that area (30-45 min drive) that I'd rather play.

Using Tapatalk on my phone, so I apologize for any errors or delayed responses.

Cheers,
Tristan

I've played it a few times since it became Emerald Greens. They really tend to vary in condition IMO. For a while there was a lot of issues with their greens and there was a ton of green fill dirt on the practice green. Haven't played it though since March so I'm not 100% on its condition right now.

I haven't played there in a couple of months. Last time I did the course was in great shape and the greens were true. I drove by the other day and checked out a couple of the greens. From what I saw, they were pretty smooth and a nice color. If you are thinking about playing, call and ask for the head Pro Jerry and ask for his take on the conditions. He's a pretty straight shooter.

GG and I just checked into Emerald Greens and at first glance, its a great place. We are in a 2 bedroom condo for the night and it is absolutely beautiful. Heading out to tour the facility and then play a round of golf this afternoon. Will get pictures and videos for everybody.

GG and I just checked into Emerald Greens and at first glance, its a great place. We are in a 2 bedroom condo for the night and it is absolutely beautiful. Heading out to tour the facility and then play a round of golf this afternoon. Will get pictures and videos for everybody.

Looking forward to this.

I love the name of the place. Enjoy the round!

Awesome! My in-laws live in one of the condos, and have a house on Pine #6 (Grey house off of fairway near green) for 20+ years.

I held my Charity Golf Event this past year, and am doing so again this year. The staff does a wonderful job.

If you can, make sure to play the Pine 9 - I think it is the most interesting.

Have a great time!

Damon

As mentioned, I have played the courses many many times over the years, just none recently.
Looking forward to discussing some options with them and playing a round of golf with my lovely wife.

Enjoy it. Looking forward to hearing more about the place.

Just finished playing with GG.
Shot 37 and 40 for a 77. Not too bad. Missed two birdie putts inside of 8 feet though. We will have a new thread with pics.

Just finished playing with GG.
Shot 37 and 40 for a 77. Not too bad. Missed two birdie putts inside of 8 feet though. We will have a new thread with pics.

Looking forward to the pics and hearing how the course is playing now.

This was a really fun course. I actually played pretty well today, especially with how my game has been with this swing change. They have a ton of tee boxes so I wasn't shy to make sure and take the ones closest to the pin, I needed the help today and it treated me well. :smile:

Back