5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

That's great to hear! I like that you don't need the pull up bar and such. I prefer workouts that require me to use my own body weight. That is especially helpful for women because it helps gets us more lean and cut. Plus I love that it includes a ton of cardio while strength training.

I am going to see if I can find it cheap on ebay.

Insanity is all of those things for sure. From the sounds of it I think you'd really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Insanity is all of those things for sure. From the sounds of it I think you'd really like it.

I am so excited! I can't wait to start it, I have been watching you tube videos to get an idea of how the workout will go. Do they break down which DVD's you should do per day and per week/month like P90X?

At the THP Outing I believe I lost 5 the first day then 10 at the demo day and then 15 on the two Saturday rounds.

Today is day one of the Master Cleanse. I'm thinking 30-40 days and I should be much closer to where I want to be physically. Once I get to the fifth day things will be much easier. After the cleanse I'm going to be eating much better. My diet will be mostly living and raw foods. I'm going to give myself Sunday as a "cheat" day, but a responsible one. Maybe I'll have a few beers or I might have piece of fish, but I'm not going to have a bacon-cheeseburger with a donut bun or anything along those lines just because it's a "cheat" day. If I want to really cheat on my diet I'm going to make sure I add enough exercise to negate the calories I ingest cheating. For example, if I want to have Sea Bass with an herb beurre-blanc for dinner and indulge myself with something sweet, the next day I'll go play 2-3 hours of some hard tennis on top of my regular exercise for the day. I hope to be physically and mentally fit for next years outing.

Today is day one of the Master Cleanse. I'm thinking 30-40 days and I should be much closer to where I want to be physically. Once I get to the fifth day things will be much easier. After the cleanse I'm going to be eating much better. My diet will be mostly living and raw foods. I'm going to give myself Sunday as a "cheat" day, but a responsible one. Maybe I'll have a few beers or I might have piece of fish, but I'm not going to have a bacon-cheeseburger with a donut bun or anything along those lines just because it's a "cheat" day. If I want to really cheat on my diet I'm going to make sure I add enough exercise to negate the calories I ingest cheating. For example, if I want to have Sea Bass with an herb beurre-blanc for dinner and indulge myself with something sweet, the next day I'll go play 2-3 hours of some hard tennis on top of my regular exercise for the day. I hope to be physically and mentally fit for next years outing.

I wonder how many miles I'd have to run to burn off a bacon cheeseburger with a donut bun. It sounds gross, but its probably A-Mazing.

I wonder how many miles I'd have to run to burn off a bacon cheeseburger with a donut bun. It sounds gross, but its probably A-Mazing.

Today is National Running Day, might as well go out and see how many you can do :angel: With the heat and humidity today, I'm sure it wouldnt take too many miles.

No gym this weekend as I have slightly injured my right wrist doing curls with the barbells. I will have to leave that part of my routine off for a week. It hurts on the outside of my right wrist right where that little bone protrudes. It was a bit swollen and tender this weekend and is hurting again tonight. Maybe a little ice to the wrist will make it better :thumb:... Back to the gym tomorrow on my regular schedule minus anything that pulls or bends that wrist too much.

Back to the gym this morning. It's funny but when my step son came home and we are both gym rats, we gave it up for golf :D. Marc looks as fit and buff as I have ever seen him and KellyBo kept bragging about how great he was looking. Ok Marc if you read this it's time to get our butts back to the gym. My right wrist has all healed up from a minor injury and I am heading back to the the weights. I would highly recommend the Morgan Cuppers who are not already working out, to get on the program to be fit and ready for August. You will need all the strength and then some to keep your fatigue level down.

Back to the gym this morning. It's funny but when my step son came home and we are both gym rats, we gave it up for golf :D. Marc looks as fit and buff as I have ever seen him and KellyBo kept bragging about how great he was looking. Ok Marc if you read this it's time to get our butts back to the gym. My right wrist has all healed up from a minor injury and I am heading back to the the weights. I would highly recommend the Morgan Cuppers who are not already working out, to get on the program to be fit and ready for August. You will need all the strength and then some to keep your fatigue level down.
That's really great advice. Being out in the heat and humidity will sap all of your energy.

Been slacking with the cardio and weights and haven't been eating the best lately. I'm still getting out and playing, hitting range balls for a few hours and cutting the grass weekly to stay active, so I haven't put on any weight. Time to push hard for the Morgan Cup and get everything fine tuned.

Thanks for all the motivation OG. Just seeing someone talking about on here really helps with the push and I appreciate it.

That's really great advice. Being out in the heat and humidity will sap all of your energy.

Been slacking with the cardio and weights and haven't been eating the best lately. I'm still getting out and playing, hitting range balls for a few hours and cutting the grass weekly to stay active, so I haven't put on any weight. Time to push hard for the Morgan Cup and get everything fine tuned.

Thanks for all the motivation OG. Just seeing someone talking about on here really helps with the push and I appreciate it.

You welcome good buddy and being fit and strong will surely provide the extra edge required to get through the August sun. Good luck guys and train hard :golf2:!

199.8!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Down from 242!

Stepped on the scale and pure jubilation! The last time I weighed this much was my senior year of HS during wrestling season with the flu, was BAAAAAAD to weigh in that light then, dang good now!!!! Atkins and Insanity have been good to me. My goal was 185 but I think 190 may be more realistic for my frame.

199.8!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Down from 242!

Stepped on the scale and pure jubilation! The last time I weighed this much was my senior year of HS during wrestling season with the flu, was BAAAAAAD to weigh in that light then, dang good now!!!! Atkins and Insanity have been good to me. My goal was 185 but I think 190 may be more realistic for my frame.

Jman -- Great job man! I know you are thrilled to say the least. Wow dude that is an awesome achievement and I have not been below 200 in several years myself. Gosh that would be so rewarding. It reminds me of the new show that comes on Monday nights at 10:00 p.m. about these people who are obese and train for a year and the results are astounding. Very encouraging report and makes me want to really bust my butt at the gym this week. I love these success stories :clapp:

Well, after quietly using this thread as motivation, I am down about 20 pounds just cresting under 180. Feeling better than ever, golf swing is feeling pretty good too.

This was me two months ago. Compared to last week. Whoa!

9502b5d5.jpg

Well, after quietly using this thread as motivation, I am down about 20 pounds just cresting under 180. Feeling better than ever, golf swing is feeling pretty good too.

9502b5d5.jpg

Wow, you can barely tell it's the same person! Good job man!

incredible, great work man. now the hard work starts keeping it off. Best of luck, keep us updated

9502b5d5.jpg

Good work thainer. I am officially back on the lose weight train for the 2012 outing. Plan is to lose 15 -20 lbs or 2-3" off my waist/belly.

Tap, tap, tap. Just tap it in Happy

Great job Thain! I am down 25 lbs from my winter weight and it is weird to see pictures of myself during the holidays! It is amazing how much better taking lbs off feels.

Thanks a bundle everyone. It feels good, it looks pretty good. Im happier now too. I am almost where I really would like to be.

If only I could play more golf...

Congrats to all!

Put me down for 50+ lbs. In Jan. 2010 I weighed around 270, this past Jan I was around 200. I really slacked off this past summer, and now I'm at 240. I know how to do it, I just have to get back on track. Maybe reporting in here will help me stay on target.

I wasn't part of this, but I want to add that I took off 30 pounds this summer, now around 205. Wasn't really aware of it, but the humid walking days and other work this summer paid off.

So you guys want to go for some weight loss prior to the 2012 outing? Put me down for 15 pounds by May 1st or a 36 inch waist? I have enjoyed the gym more this year than anytime in my life! Stronger, playing better golf, with more flexibility. I would love to show them young whupper snappers down at Grand Cypress what an old man can do....

So you guys want to go for some weight loss prior to the 2012 outing? Put me down for 15 pounds by May 1st or a 36 inch waist? I have enjoyed the gym more this year than anytime in my life! Stronger, playing better golf, with more flexibility. I would love to show them young whupper snappers down at Grand Cypress what an old man can do....

I'm in, not really weight lose, need to tone up

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

I am in the best shape of my 60 year old life as far as strength goes. Weight loss ,,,, hmmmm I suck at because I like beer, ice cream, and all the awful stuff. I am pretty freaking strong for my age and that I am proud of....

After a summer of "beer, ice cream, and all the awful stuff" I too am getting back on the workout train today. Its just too hot / humid to keep running consistantly through the summer (I cant do treadmills). Luckily, I only gained 5 lbs or so, I'm looking forward to hitting the roads for a few miles. If the legs hold up in the early weeks back, I will target another half marathon late this year.

Back