Gator

Reaction score
Handicap
I know what I'm looking for is a silver bullet and doesn't exist - but I was hoping for a little help.

Due to work - I do A LOT of scramble golf - A LOT. I don't get to go out in a regular round very often.

My swing has been destroyed. I've lost distance off the tee - developed a HUGE slice.

I was golfing a scramble and one of the guys offered a piece of advice to adjust my stance slightly. I had a small slice. I could start the ball on the left side of the fairway and it would end on right-center of the fairway. Now it goes 150 yards out and then 100 yards hard right.

All that was offered to me in advice was to move my back foot, to line up so that both feet were not square with my shoulders instead. My right foot was about four inches "further" back than the left. I'm right handed.

I'm golfing now like I've never golfed before. I'm thinking so much about my stance. I'm having trouble even hitting a ball.

I know it is impossible to fix this without seeing my swing and by going off of what I wrote. That's not what I'm looking for. I was hoping someone could offer just basic drills and advice on how to start over with my swing. It is so bad, I don't see any point of repainting the house. It's time to tear it down and start over.

Obviously no one can help my swing on a forum but any good references would be a great help.

Thanks!
Gator.

I don't know what your financial situation is, but have you considered a lesson? If you've just developed some bad habits, a good pro should be able to identify them fairly quickly. If that's not an option, I would recommend taking some video and posting in the Ask The Pro forum. The GolfTec guys who monitor that forum are awesome and extremely helpful. Either way, good luck!

Money isn't really the issue with lessons, it's time. When I do get out to golf it is in the worse circumstances - a scramble. I'll have to post video for ask the pro! Thanks.

Lessons would be the way to go. Your local pro can teach you the proper way to do things alot better than pretty much anyone else...

Time really is my issue. I love to golf but I didn't start until about three years ago. It was a necessity for work. I get to take advertisers out to entertain them. The first four or five times out this year. I was playing fairly well and had developed a nice little draw off the tee when I needed it. Now if I get the ball in the air, it takes a right to Albuquerque. It all started with just moving my foot back about four inches.

Now I'm lost - my brain is swimming. The good news - I just happen to be coaching soccer and one of the kids on the team. His dad is the pro at a local course...

Time really is my issue. I love to golf but I didn't start until about three years ago. It was a necessity for work. I get to take advertisers out to entertain them. The first four or five times out this year. I was playing fairly well and had developed a nice little draw off the tee when I needed it. Now if I get the ball in the air, it takes a right to Albuquerque. It all started with just moving my foot back about four inches.

Now I'm lost - my brain is swimming. The good news - I just happen to be coaching soccer and one of the kids on the team. His dad is the pro at a local course...
Move it back where it was!

Just my suggestion...but forget the stance and check your grip and ball placement. Grip in particular because it's very easy to slice balls when an improper grip.

Lessons would be the best thing I could recommend.........that and stop playing scrambles! :act-up:

+1 more for lessons. I am planning to start off next season right with a couple of lessons to really bring my game around finally. I want to get more serious about golfing and it's about time I ponyed up for the lessons. I figure I'll just plug along the rest of this season and then start fresh next year after my game has been on a ~3 month hiatus and all the bad habits have drifted away again.

Lessons are always good. But it sounds like you have what my buddies & I call the Roy McElroy disease. Too much head clutter. Something that works for me is an iPod, a pitching wedge & a bucket of balls (or some whiffle balls in your yard if you can't hit a range). Put your favorite music on, forget everything you (think) you know about the swing (and everything else going on) and just hit the ball. Don't worry about where it goes just yet. Get that mindset back that you had when you were hitting those nice little draws. Get a lesson, but only after you've cleared your head & wont be obsessed with your issue.

When I hear golf is 75% mental, I disagree...its more than that.

*Spin em long*

533d3677.jpg

Silver bullet. A round of golf with 12 of these may help your problem...

If it were me, I'd go back to where it was.... and as others said... Get some lessons. It's only for an hour!

Back