Nicklausfan

Reaction score
Hey THP:

I would like to send a sincere thank-you to the braintrust of THP and the community in general. Specifically to the folks that thought to conduct the blind ball testing.

This season has been a huge season for me. A season of many changes, challenges and learning with 2011 being a serious building block for 2012 (provided we're all still here LOL) and onwards. I'm finally in the final stages of a swing change that I undertook with a swing coach I acquired in February one day at a dome. I've finally adjusted to equipment and it took a full season to adjust to my new sticks from my longstanding ones (W/S Pi5 irons and others). If there was one thing that had me stumped it was finding the right ball for me and my game.

I'm real picky in what I look for in golf equipment and the right ball is a huge part of the equipment. I wanted to get away from Titleist (Pro V1) just to have a change. I experimented with Srixon Z Star which I liked but was too spiny. My coach had me go back to Pro V1 as it was better for my game until he handed me a sleeve of Penta TP. That became my ball for a bit until I started getting penalized on approaches due to too much backspin. That lead me to the Burner Tour which I liked but in the end.. it had a little too much runout for my liking. But then I started to go through the "Blind Ball Testing" thread and it piqued my curiosity. I was so intrigued by it that I had to know which ball it was.

Then it was revealed that the ball was the Bridgestone Tour B330RX. I laughed because this ball was recommended by a Bridgestone Ball Fitter last year and by a gentleman at an off course retailer back in May. I never did try it. Recently after the ball was revealed I went to the Bridgestone ball fitting tool and tried it. I was shocked when it said E5. So I went to Golf Town and bought a box of RX. Since I've played 2 rounds with the same ball. I'm loving every single characteristic of the ball. The feel off of the driver and fairways is perfect (to me). It feels soft off of full irons and wedges. A slightly muted click I guess. Greenside it checks and has a little runout. Putting well to be honest I have never had a putter feel so good off of the putter face. My approaches today for example would hit the green bounce and stop or at most spin back 3 feet. Exactly what I ook for. For my bread and butter shot when I miss GIR's (bump and run) it checks and rolls a tad and stops. It really is predictable. To say that I will stock up on 330 RX is an understatement. I'm real surprised with the durability as it only has one slight blemish on it from a cart path.

So again my many thanks to THP and the testers. One day I would love to be selected to test a product so I could maybe help someone the way that I was assisted.

Sincerely,

Alex

Good to see someone else helped by the forum. This forum is a great community and I don't know about anyone else, but I think at times that I take it too much for granted. It is a resource, but also a community with friends and such, and I love when people post things like this because it reminds me to appreciate it more.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Good post Alex, as one of those that participated in the Blind Ball test and who is now also a convert to the B300-RX, I can definately appreciate what you are feeling. To me, there is nothing like the confidence of standing over a shot knowing exactly how the ball is going to react...especially in the short game!

Stick around and stay active and I am sure you will get your chance to be a tester soon enough.

Now you just need to update your WITB to reflect your new found golfball :D

Good post Alex, as one of those that participated in the Blind Ball test and who is now also a convert to the B300-RX, I can definately appreciate what you are feeling. To me, there is nothing like the confidence of standing over a shot knowing exactly how the ball is going to react...especially in the short game!

Stick around and stay active and I am sure you will get your chance to be a tester soon enough.

Now you just need to update your WITB to reflect your new found golfball :D

Good call... you're absolutely corrrect. I want to have the "company like" writing in my sig like you and so many others.

Alex

Good to see someone else helped by the forum. This forum is a great community and I don't know about anyone else, but I think at times that I take it too much for granted. It is a resource, but also a community with friends and such, and I love when people post things like this because it reminds me to appreciate it more.

I learned that very early about this forum. I came here on a whim from another forum and I haven't been back to it since. To echo your sentiments THP is a great resource and like so many things in life it's very easy to take for granted. I'm glad to hear how you feel about it.. I agree 100%.

Alex

Good call... you're absolutely corrrect. I want to have the "company like" writing in my sig like you and so many others.

Alex

Those are along with the other logos, smilies, etc. Just hit more an a window pops up with others. Logos are at the bottom of the list.

Alex

That's easy....those are "smileys" if you click the smiley in the tool bar above and scroll all the way down you will find the ones for all the OEMs or you can just type them in....for :taylormade: you type : taylormade : with no spaces in between the colons and the word....does that make sense?

Those are along with the other logos, smilies, etc. Just hit more an a window pops up with others. Logos are at the bottom of the list.

Awesome!!! Thanks a bunch

Alex

That's easy....those are "smileys" if you click the smiley in the tool bar above and scroll all the way down you will find the ones for all the OEMs or you can just type them in....for :taylormade: you type : taylormade : with no spaces in between the colons and the word....does that make sense?

Tim:

Thanks and it was super easy to understand. Done and done. I like the look of it.

Alex

It is nice to hear that testing from average golfers helped another forum members game. This is just part of what makes THP such a great place. Glad to hear you found the ball to match your game. I know I have taken 3-4 strokes off my game and shot my best round ever because I had the opportunity to be a blind ball tester. It made me think a little more about each shot, club selection, and course management. I made such an effort to put a good consistent swing each time to provide quality feedback that the end result is I am a much better golfer today because of the experience.

This is great man, the RX is a really great ball. So consistent from every club through every shot, Bstone hit a home run with this one for certain. Although I would encourage you to also give the e5 a try since it was the reccomended ball, might be a good choice for you as well.

Glad we as ball testers could help you a little!

Thanks for your thanks! After I did my testing with the blind ball I made up my mind to switch. I wish it was a cheaper ball, but like you said the durability helps offset the cost. Soon as JB revealed the ball's identity I grabbed a dozen. Ball does what I expect it to and you can't ask for much more than that. And thanks again. Makes me feel good the testing has helped your game.

Great post Alex, it is nice to know that you are now a convert to playing the best ball for you not the best ball for the pros. I too play the Bridgestone B330-RX and I occasionally will try a different ball only to see if it is better than the RX. I have always come back to the Bridgestone and I have been playing it for 2 years now.

Bridgestone is a super product and I am happy to see you found a golf ball that fits your game. Go Bridgestone and Happy Golfing for the rest of 2012!

I'm passing on the rest of my golf balls to my daughter and will love to try some Bridgestones out! I've read here they are really nice and contiue to scan the forums for peoples thoughts. Thanks for yours Alex!

Tim:

Thanks and it was super easy to understand. Done and done. I like the look of it.

Alex

Glad to help out both with the signature and with the ball testing.....sig looks great BTW!

Good post! THP is the best golf site available anywhere! I have learned a ton about new equipment, as well had my eyes opened to some great clubs that I might not have tried otherwise.

Glad to hear that we were able to help out. It's always nice to hear from folks that we have helped and are reading our reviews. Cheers!

Just another reason/benefit to being a member of this site. Congrats on finding what you're looking for in a golf ball, confidence is huge in golf!!

That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)

This is great man, the RX is a really great ball. So consistent from every club through every shot, Bstone hit a home run with this one for certain. Although I would encourage you to also give the e5 a try since it was the reccomended ball, might be a good choice for you as well.

Glad we as ball testers could help you a little!

I'll be honest I have thought about testing the e5 based on the fitting tool. But to quote you the RX is just doing everything that I want. LOL....so many options such little time. You guys who did the testing... to say that you helped me out a little is a real huge understatement.

Alex

Bridgestone is a super product and I am happy to see you found a golf ball that fits your game. Go Bridgestone and Happy Golfing for the rest of 2012!
You know for whatever reason Bridgestone was a brand that I never thought to try prior to this. The reason... well I don't really have one. I agree with you Gray Bridgestone is truly a "super" product

Alex

Good post! THP is the best golf site available anywhere! I have learned a ton about new equipment, as well had my eyes opened to some great clubs that I might not have tried otherwise.

This. THP is the most unbiased, OEM/Non-OEM forum I have come accross. They dont discount things just because they arent Titleist, TM, Callaway etc. Every club gets its due testing and I love that. Im glad other people have been helped as much as I have.

Good luck with your new found ball.

This. THP is the most unbiased, OEM/Non-OEM forum I have come accross. They dont discount things just because they arent Titleist, TM, Callaway etc. Every club gets its due testing and I love that. Im glad other people have been helped as much as I have.

This is so true as well. I know that I'm a relative newcomer but that is one observation that I have made. You know.. I have never heard of nor would have heard of companies like Scor and Boccieri to name a couple. Brands that I would never have heard of elsewhere.

Alex

Back