chirpy

Reaction score
Handicap
I started golfing last year and have always hit my driver ~200-240 yards. Maybe I would get a nice roll to ~270 on a killer shot or only hit 180 on a mishit, but that was about it.

Today I went out and was absolutely crushing my drives. I hit several drives 300+ yards and they were consistently straight. After my drive on a 400 yard hole, I was hitting my sand wedge 95 yards to the green. Neither my friends nor I could could believe it. This is the furthest I've hit the ball.

Have you ever had a day like this where you are absolutely hitting bombs?

When I try to think about what gave me the extra yardage, I felt that my hips turned more aggressively on my downswing, but I hadn't consciously changed my swing to do this.

300 club? that was so last year. 500 club is where it's at.

300 club? that was so last year. 500 club is where it's at.

I'm a member of the Mile High club if that counts for anything

I mean it still counts if you're by yourself.................right?..............doesnt it?

I'm a member of the Mile High club if that counts for anything

I mean it still counts if you're by yourself.................right?..............doesnt it?

That all depends really - hehe

Long gone are the days when I can hit driver 300 yards plus. I am happy to keep the ball in the fairway and in play nowadays.

i regulary hit drives in and around 300yrds with the occasional 300+ drive.

what annoys me playing in scotland is you get no run on the fairways at all.unless it's been bone dry and sunny for long periods of time(yeah right) and or you are playing links golf.

yesterday for instance i was playing kenmore golf club and on the 8th i hit a lovely drive with a nice penetrating ball flight with a draw.the hole was 405yrds and i had 110yrds in,and my pitch mark was literally 1ft in front of the ball.

I save a fortune in postage by simply wrapping my letters around golf balls and whacking them to the desired destination. If it's downwind I just use my 3 wood, my equivalent of 2nd class.

I save a fortune in postage by simply wrapping my letters around golf balls and whacking them to the desired destination. If it's downwind I just use my 3 wood, my equivalent of 2nd class.

Now thats funny!

:clapp: :laughing:

I am not a member. I'm sure I've hit some decent pokes before but I don't think I've ever really measured. I've been on the vector plenty and am happy with how far I hit the ball.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

I can't see 300 yards, 200-210 max so I would never find my ball if i hit that far.

Yesterday I thinned one on 300 yard par 4.

Fact: I only had a 95 yard approach shot left.

Posted via Tapatalk

That all depends really - hehe

Long gone are the days when I can hit driver 300 yards plus. I am happy to keep the ball in the fairway and in play nowadays.

I would say this is most of us if we answered truthfully, I have got to admit when I read the title of this thread I wondered why we were talking about bowling.
bowling-051.gif

I'm in!!!

I weigh 302 and I'm a Spartan.

I'm in!!!

I weigh 302 and I'm a Spartan.

Lol, that would make two of me and I'm no spartan, but have been called sparky.

I can hit 300 yards if I take a tee and hit twice.

I use a quote similar to that when I'm heckling a friend who's having a bad day (also posted in the golf quotes thread):

"Give it up. Just put it in an envelope and mail it to the green. It'll get there faster"

The last 300 yard drive I had on the course, was in the cart, between the #9 green and #10 tee - a lot of it was roll! LOL

300 yard drives, consistently down the fairway, puts a person in some elite PGA-pro company. My hats off to those who can do it!

I wish I could hit it that far. I have hit one 300 yard drive before. It was on the first tee of a high school match. I think I had some extra adrenaline. It was a little down hill too.

i regulary hit drives in and around 300yrds with the occasional 300+ drive.

what annoys me playing in scotland is you get no run on the fairways at all.unless it's been bone dry and sunny for long periods of time(yeah right) and or you are playing links golf.

yesterday for instance i was playing kenmore golf club and on the 8th i hit a lovely drive with a nice penetrating ball flight with a draw.the hole was 405yrds and i had 110yrds in,and my pitch mark was literally 1ft in front of the ball.

So you hit driver with backspin? That's pretty good. :alien:

Congrats on hitting 300 yds, chirpy. I would love to know how that feels but in all reality I will never get that feeling unless I decided to go to Colorado and hit it straight downhill.

Still can with all the great Tech out there Tee it high and let it fly

I'm not a member of the 300 yard club and I never will be at age 50. I'm also not caught up in the distance game. I'm all about accuracy and hitting fairways. That is where good scores come from. Hitting approach shots from the short grass makes it much easier to hit greens. Hit greens in regulation, and you give yourself the best chance to make birdies, or at worst, par. Accuracy trumps distance.

If you can hit the ball 300 yards and hit a high percentage of fairways, I tip my hat to you.

So you hit driver with backspin? That's pretty good. :alien:

Congrats on hitting 300 yds, chirpy. I would love to know how that feels but in all reality I will never get that feeling unless I decided to go to Colorado and hit it straight downhill.

ooppssss,i meant to say literally 1ft behind the ball.

I'm not even close. :beat-up:

I only hit the ball like 250-260. Though I have hit one 300+ yard drive, though I had 30 feet of elevation and a slight wind behind me.

I love these threads.

Back