iCaddi Golf Towel Review Thread

Ideal scenario for me would be one towel with wet and dry capability.
But then I also use the BallZee when on the green to save walking back and forth to my bag.

Well the iCaddi will suit you perfectly then

Had my range session and here's the after shots and after use with the iCaddi..

9 Iron:
IMG_0366.jpg

After:
IMG_0370.jpg

AW:
IMG_0367.jpg

After:
IMG_0371.jpg

PW:
IMG_0368.jpg

After:
IMG_0372.jpg

7 Iron:
IMG_0369.jpg

After:
IMG_0373.jpg

As you can see the iCaddi does a great job on the face of the club. It doesn't leave the face wet just slippery which I personally like. It just doesn't get down in the grooves for cleaning them. But overall after the session I looked at the towel and saw this..I was interested in the fact that I used two main parts of the towel so I'm curious if that after drying will have any wear and tear compared to the other two parts. I would rather be using the whole towel than using two parts but this might of just been a one use type of thing. I may get to play this afternoon to get another use.
IMG_0374.jpg

Had my range session and here's the after shots and after use with the iCaddi..

9 Iron:
IMG_0366.jpg

After:
IMG_0370.jpg

AW:
IMG_0367.jpg

After:
IMG_0371.jpg

PW:
IMG_0368.jpg

After:
IMG_0372.jpg

7 Iron:
IMG_0369.jpg

After:
IMG_0373.jpg

As you can see the iCaddi does a great job on the face of the club. It doesn't leave the face wet just slippery which I personally like. It just doesn't get down in the grooves for cleaning them. But overall after the session I looked at the towel and saw this..I was interested in the fact that I used two main parts of the towel so I'm curious if that after drying will have any wear and tear compared to the other two parts. I would rather be using the whole towel than using two parts but this might of just been a one use type of thing. I may get to play this afternoon to get another use.
IMG_0374.jpg

Good stuff TC1, i have the frogger but I also noticed i was using just 2 parts of the towel when i first got it, so i usually flip it upside down after 9 holes just to even out the usage.

has anyone of the testers had problems using the icaddi?? if there was something you would like to change or modify to the icaddi in your opinion, what would that be??

Mike,

Overall I think the iCaddie works really well and has replaced for good the old golf towels. As far as enhancements go maybe, add a section with a soft scrubbing surface. Something like the scrubbing surface found on dish sponges to clean the grooves. Or as previously mentioned maybe packaging a brush with the iCaddie.

Finally, thanks for the opportunity for testing iCaddie.

Great pics TC1! Really shows how well the icaddie towel works. It seems like this and brush might be all that's needed on the course. I might have to pick one of these up for myself.

Good Pics Thelate1! Looks like it does a good job of cleaning the clubs, I wonder if a bristle on the outside would work for the grooves?

Good Pics Thelate1! Looks like it does a good job of cleaning the clubs, I wonder if a bristle on the outside would work for the grooves?

I think a small 2" x 2" bristle square would work on the dry part of the towel.

Played another round with the iCaddi and again it does nothing but it's job. I still love the wetness on the club after I wipe the dirt. We played in the humidity and I can tell you about hole 15 it started drying out for some reason. The towel was still able to do it's job but overall it started drying out which was weird(maybe not wet enough at the start)

I am sitting down today after playing 27 holes on this beautiful labor day weekend and am thinking a lot about the iCaddi. Honestly it is tough for me to think about this towel in anything other than a positive light. I have really enjoyed the experience with this towel and I can assure you it works for just about anything.

Looks: B+. I am not a huge fan of the looks of this towel. It isn't terrible, and I think if I had a different color I may think differently, but the brown doesn't suit my eye too much. I like the Gray one that MikeF has and think I would rate it higher if that color was on my bag.

Size: A. I like a bigger towel. I clip it on my cart bag and it doesnt drag on the ground. I think the size is perfect and it gives a lot of room to clean the club off with.

Wet course conditions: A++ I have had a decent amount of experience with the wet weather lately and this towel really shines. I have a steep swing and tend to take big divots and so sometimes my clubs have a lot of dirt/grass, and this dirt turns to mud when it is wet, but 99% of the time the iCaddi gets the club cleaned and only once in a blue moon do I have to worry about grabbing the brushpro to clean the grooves.

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

Dry course conditions: A. This towel does the job really well here as well. If the course is dry you can leave your groove cleaner at home because the iCaddi will clean your clubs off perfectly without it.

Wetness?: A. After reading the advice on soaking the towel before the round I have found it easily holds up on 18 holes for me. At first I was having to rewet it about 10-12 holes in, but now it lasts 18 and is still wet at the end of the round.

Ease of clean: A-. This towel is pretty easy to clean. You just open it up, put a little soap on it and scrub and it looks virtually brand new. I wish you could throw it in the washing machine, but the work isnt such that it feels like a pain to clean it after a round. I have found it is much easier to clean it right after a round then to wait a couple of days, and thats what I would reccomend.

Durability- A. This towel has shown no signs of wear and tear. I have taken it to the range 20+ times and played over 100 holes of golf with it and after cleaning it still looks virtually brand new.

Clip: B-. I dont like the clip at all. The lanyard doesn't suit my eye or give me confidence the towel will stay on so I switched to a carabiner after a few round and that works much better for me.

All in all Hydro Effects has a great product in the iCaddi. Hopefully you guys have enjoyed the reviews thus far and if you are contemplating an iCaddi I would say go and buy one immediately. It has made cleaning clubs at the course much easier, as now I just need one towel instead of two. I think if they made a smaller version it would be perfect to bring up to the green as well. Thanks again to :thp: and hydro effects for the awesome opportunity. I will continue to update with my thoughts but this is a truly great product.

Last edited:
Had a chance to play a quick 9 holes last friday and amused myself with alternating between my old cotton towel and the Icaddi. The conditions were good, the turf a bit sticky. No pics I´m afraid as I was surprised to actually get a chance to get out and play.

It wasn´t a contest. The Icaddi performed brilliant as usual and my old towel is "retired". I kid of course, but there simply isn´t any comparison.

If you are a tester or have an Icaddi, I encourage you to do this test just to rediscover the Icaddi and how good it actually is compared to your old towel.

I´m very happy with the performance with the Icaddi so far and have tested it in a variety of conditions and ways (read: carry on hip) and for me this is a product that really works!

I have made some suggestions(along with other testers) on how to enhance the Icaddi ,if you backtrack in this thread, and got a response from Mike that they were actually looking into some of the suggestions made here on THP - How cool is that?!

I´ll continue to test the Icaddi and write about my results.

If there is some specific way you guys would have me test it - just PM me or any of the testers.

Had a chance to play a quick 9 holes last friday and amused myself with alternating between my old cotton towel and the Icaddi. The conditions were good, the turf a bit sticky. No pics I´m afraid as I was surprised to actually get a chance to get out and play.

It wasn´t a contest. The Icaddi performed brilliant as usual and my old towel is "retired". I kid of course, but there simply isn´t any comparison.

If you are a tester or have an Icaddi, I encourage you to do this test just to rediscover the Icaddi and how good it actually is compared to your old towel.

I´m very happy with the performance with the Icaddi so far and have tested it in a variety of conditions and ways (read: carry on hip) and for me this is a product that really works!

I have made some suggestions(along with other testers) on how to enhance the Icaddi ,if you backtrack in this thread, and got a response from Mike that they were actually looking into some of the suggestions made here on THP - How cool is that?!

I´ll continue to test the Icaddi and write about my results.

If there is some specific way you guys would have me test it - just PM me or any of the testers.

Good suggestion McKillian, I will have to dig up the ol' golf towel and see how it performs.

I have not seen any wear like that Mike. I doubled over the lanyard and ran it back through the holes like iCaddie Mike showed in his video. That seems to help a lot with the twisting.

Hey THPers out there, lets show some love the iCaddie towel. There has hardly been any banter in here about the towel or even any golf towel. I know we can do better than this.
I will post my questions again about golf towels and this testing-

What do you expect or want in a golf towel? I'm really not too picky, to be honest. I use a brush for the grooves, so I don't really care about that part. I want something that is fairly large, cleans and dries clubs easily, and isn't a chore to maintain.

How could I test this towel better to answer your questions? I don't think you could man. You've done a great job in here. I had some questions at first, but sort of ran out of them.

Do you see yourself purchasing this towel down the road? Why or why not? I do. However, I'd like to see it in a store before I buy it. I know there is a way to get the towel via email, but that's just not the way I like to do business. I would love to see it in the THP store or at an online retailer like TGW, Blind9, etc.

Answers are above. Keep up the good work guys!

damn TxHacker....that's a serious test for this towel, love the results!

Answers are above. Keep up the good work guys!

Thanks Hawk for the answers. I feel the same way about the store. If I am going to do an email buy, I will go to the bay for that. I know they are new to the market, but they need to at least find an online retailer.

I have found trying to compare an iCaddi towel to just a regular towel, it just doesn't work. Overall the iCaddi works so much better compared just a regular cotton towel. The material used in the iCaddi provides extra "confidence" that your club with be cleaned better compared to just a plain white towel. The iCaddi does it's job and does it great but to be honest the whole attachment from towel to bag just had to be changed in my opinion. Although it does make it easy to remove from the bag it just looks clingy/old fashioned. If a clip could be made on the towel it could make it easier and look better to the eye.

Any other testers feel the same way?

The iCaddi does it's job and does it great but to be honest the whole attachment from towel to bag just had to be changed in my opinion. Although it does make it easy to remove from the bag it just looks clingy/old fashioned. If a clip could be made on the towel it could make it easier and look better to the eye.

Any other testers feel the same way?

Absolutely. If you go back a couple pages at the long review I posted I mentioned this. It is about my only complaint. I think it looks tacky and also I just dont feel confident with it on my bag, I know it wont fall off, but it just looks bad. I put a carabiner on mine and think thats the much better choice.

I am a bit behind after the long weekend but some STELLAR reviews have been posted over the last 48 hours. Wanted to also take the time and answer the below:

Hey THPers out there, lets show some love the iCaddie towel. There has hardly been any banter in here about the towel or even any golf towel. I know we can do better than this.

What do you expect or want in a golf towel?

I want a towel that can clean a golf club head in all aspects. From getting dirt/mud off to cleaning the grooves.

How could I test this towel better to answer your questions?

The reviews posted the last few days did it quite well. A picture is worth a thousand words so to speak and I do well with the before & after photos as examples; they hit the nail on the head in my opinion.

Do you see yourself purchasing this towel down the road? Why or why not?

I do not at this moment because I have the Spotless Swing towel and I appreciate it's ability to clean the grooves without having to carry a brush which sticks to other parts of the bag in my experience. I also think the look of the towel can be improved considering how much many of us care about matching, etc.

I thought about this "clinging" problem today and ended up with a question to everyone: When have you ever worried before about how your regular towel is hanging?

Another question: If the Icaddi would come with magnetic eyelets(plastic coating) and a carabiner - do you think it would be better? Even if it meant you´d have to pay more for the towel?

I thought about this "clinging" problem today and ended up with a question to everyone: When have you ever worried before about how your regular towel is hanging?

Another question: If the Icaddi would come with magnetic eyelets(plastic coating) and a carabiner - do you think it would be better? Even if it meant you´d have to pay more for the towel?

Never worried about a towel before this. The current ties look tacky to me and ineffective. I would pay a couple bucks more for the eyelets and a carbiner, but I put a carabiner on mine and its working great so you could just make this change on your own.

I am a bit behind after the long weekend but some STELLAR reviews have been posted over the last 48 hours. Wanted to also take the time and answer the below:

What do you expect or want in a golf towel?

I want a towel that can clean a golf club head in all aspects. From getting dirt/mud off to cleaning the grooves.

How could I test this towel better to answer your questions?

The reviews posted the last few days did it quite well. A picture is worth a thousand words so to speak and I do well with the before & after photos as examples; they hit the nail on the head in my opinion.

Do you see yourself purchasing this towel down the road? Why or why not?

I do not at this moment because I have the Spotless Swing towel and I appreciate it's ability to clean the grooves without having to carry a brush which sticks to other parts of the bag in my experience. I also think the look of the towel can be improved considering how much many of us care about matching, etc.

Mcook,

I feel the same way about the look. I think if I was ordering one, I would have gone grey. Since I am testing, that was not an option. I have the Spotless towel too and plan on going back to it this week for comparison. I think another tester recommend that last week. I want to see how much I miss having the wet towel option and see if the bristle part of the Spotless over comes the wet pocket of the iCaddie.

Mcook,

I feel the same way about the look. I think if I was ordering one, I would have gone grey. Since I am testing, that was not an option. I have the Spotless towel too and plan on going back to it this week for comparison. I think another tester recommend that last week. I want to see how much I miss having the wet towel option and see if the bristle part of the Spotless over comes the wet pocket of the iCaddie.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts after trying both back to back. They both have positive aspects and if the look and groove cleaner was better on the iCaddie it becomes a no brainer. Personally, I carry a small squirt bottle in my bag that I have to spray the club with before wiping since the Spotless does not stay wet (possibly it's only drawback).

Look forward to hearing your thoughts after trying both back to back. They both have positive aspects and if the look and groove cleaner was better on the iCaddie it becomes a no brainer. Personally, I carry a small squirt bottle in my bag that I have to spray the club with before wiping since the Spotless does not stay wet (possibly it's only drawback).

Do you think if they sold a smaller "green" towel that you could hang from your bag you would buy it? That would eliminate the spray bottle and give you a wet surface to use.

No because the towels I already have on my bag are clip ons so nothing to worry about compared to this strap.

I don't exactly follow. I just think a clip would work best(if you've seen the frogger towel, that it perfect and could work for the iCaddi)

No because the towels I already have on my bag are clip ons so nothing to worry about compared to this strap.

I don't exactly follow. I just think a clip would work best(if you've seen the frogger towel, that it perfect and could work for the iCaddi)

What I meant was:
1. If you´ve never worried before about your towel its probably b/c the IC has properties you value?
2. The magnetic eyelets would ensure the towel wouldn´t twist with the carabiner as you line up the eyelets in a row.

What I meant was:
1. If you´ve never worried before about your towel its probably b/c the IC has properties you value?
2. The magnetic eyelets would ensure the towel wouldn´t twist with the carabiner as you line up the eyelets in a row.

ohhh got'cha. I never worried about it because I don't want to lose something I'm testing but more so I just don't like the look it gives off. Like other testers have said it just doesn't look as nice as it could look. But it is a work in progress.

Back