Russian Hockey Team Killed in Plane Crash

Salei, Vasicek and Skrastins were also on the plane. Terrible summer for the sport of Hockey.

What a shame. Sucks to hear about stuff like this.

Just saw that at lunch, sad day in the hockey world. Way too many of these this summer.

Such sad news on a gloomy day here in Denver. Good thoughts to the friends and families of all of them.

Wow...that is really horrible.

That's terrible to hear...feel for all of the families of those onboard.

Things like this are so sad... Going out on a plane would be horrible.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

That's really sad!!

This is truly a horrific accident. Thoughts and prayers to everyones families.

I heard about this yesterday. What an awful accident.

Really feel bad for everybody involved. Just terrible. I don't think the KHL is handling it well though, they're not delaying any games but the involved team's. They should have taken the 1st week or 2 of the season, and then tacked it on at the end. Was interested to see that the NHL actually has a plan in place if something like this happened. Basically involves using insurance money to buy players from other teams.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/article/1050813--nhl-has-contingency-plan-for-disasters

Very sad news indeed. Demitra seemed like a really nice guy in his time with Vancouver. I really find it extremely sad that a group of people who worked tirelessly at the their craft and to get to the top level had everything ripped away from them.

Back