The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played like crap but was comfortable while doing so.

aefc8bad-3cae-bf90.jpg

--
tapatalk

I finished my general psychiatry residency and now I'm doing a fellowship in Child / Adolescent Psych. My general psych boards are in the morning and I can't wait for tomorrow night. I need a beer. Where did your brother go?

My brother is finishing up in New Orleans, then going to Cleveland Clinic for a 1-year CT anethesia fellowship. I'm just over 3 years out from my residency, working at Children's Hospital Boston. I'd love to make it back to the Triangle someday, you live in a great place.

My brother is finishing up in New Orleans, then going to Cleveland Clinic for a 1-year CT anethesia fellowship. I'm just over 3 years out from my residency, working at Children's Hospital Boston. I'd love to make it back to the Triangle someday, you live in a great place.

My cousin is a nurse there. I have no idea where she works in the hospital though. Last name is Maunz. I am enjoying it here but looking over my options as I get ready to be done. Do they need any Child Shrinks at your hospital?

I consulted at the main hospital in Asheville for 12+ months, its a nice lil town. Not great flight options, but a good part of the country. You could do much worse (in my opinion). Similarly, my wife is interviewing with several anesthesia groups throughout the country. Its an interesting feeling when your wife holds alot of the major decisions in her control.

I know exactly what you mean on the last part, benefit to being a teacher is I should be able to find something anywhere, plus I guess alot of the programs will try to help spouse's find something? It'll be a wild ride for sure.

Flight options are changing my man!

Beer city USA!

Both good things!!! Love me some good beer.

She declared we WILL be interviewing there since it was here first, looking at December, bad time of year I know but we'll have to meet up for grub or something. I'll keep ya posted.

]Yeah, the residency match is just ridiculous, but I guess there's no other way to do it. It was chaotic for me, I have no idea how my wife (who was my girlfriend at the time) dealt with it. Just remember this: no matter what happens, you can always make something good out of it. It's a long story that I won't get in to here, but I matched at a place that was pretty low on my list. I was pissed off about it when it happened, but I ended up having a great time there and got a good job coming out of residency.

She had warned me about how crazy it could get and the whole process confused the piss out of me as far as the "match" goes, its just craaaazy. I look forward to the next step in our little adventure, I know it'll all pay off (figuratively AND literally LOL).

I appreciate all the insight on here, makes me love THP that much more, we've got people from all walks of life, cool as hell.

I wouldn't mind being in the Triangle either. Aside from the extra heat it looked a lot like area's of Vancouver/Victoria and the people were just as nice. Plus the I could potentially go work for IBM, which would be plenty sweet. I'd love to help them up their storage offerings for different verticals.

I wouldn't mind being in the Triangle either. Aside from the extra heat it looked a lot like area's of Vancouver/Victoria and the people were just as nice. Plus the I could potentially go work for IBM, which would be plenty sweet. I'd love to help them up their storage offerings for different verticals.

It's pretty nice here. Lots of good golf around.

I think I could do well in the CrossFit Games.

Kevin

I think I could do well in the CrossFit Games.

Kevin

My cousin competes in those, I think you could rock those.

My cousin competes in those, I think you could rock those.

It starts with calves. but you know that. You looked at them for seven hours during media day.

Kevin

Does the AC work well? A course right by my house has those carts and I think an AC range but I havent played there yet.

Does the AC work well? A course right by my house has those carts and I think an AC range but I havent played there yet.

It's not bad. A nice cool breeze on your neck and shoulders. An A/C range would be fantastical.

--
tapatalk

i'm not sure if cool breeze rolls that way....

It's not bad. A nice cool breeze on your neck and shoulders. An A/C range would be fantastical.

--
tapatalk

--
tapatalk

They dont do buckets :/ its 25$ to use the range but its unlimited balls...I plan on going there instead of playing a round when the rates go up here.

Edit- Lol hanks that was too much

i'm not sure if cool breeze rolls that way....

I don't unless the price is right, and Danny showed me the cheddar today!

She had warned me about how crazy it could get and the whole process confused the piss out of me as far as the "match" goes, its just craaaazy. I look forward to the next step in our little adventure, I know it'll all pay off (figuratively AND literally LOL).

There's a ton that goes into the match, it's wild. Just let your wife know that just because she gets invited to interviews doesn't mean she has to go to all of them. I tried to do 4 in one week (Wake Forest, UVA, VCU in Richmond, then UNC in Chapel Hill), and I nearly drove my car off the road because I was so tired at the end of it. Also, I know that you said that the city has a lot to do with it, but trust me on this: tell her to go to the best PROGRAM for her, even if it's not the most desirable city...where you train means a lot in terms of your opportunities down the road. PM me if you (or her) want any more info.

My cousin is a nurse there. I have no idea where she works in the hospital though. Last name is Maunz. I am enjoying it here but looking over my options as I get ready to be done. Do they need any Child Shrinks at your hospital?

I have no idea whether we need Child Psych people up here, but I know that it's a fabulous place to work. Apply here, what's the worst that could happen?

Come to Raleigh ST!!

There's a ton that goes into the match, it's wild. Just let your wife know that just because she gets invited to interviews doesn't mean she has to go to all of them. I tried to do 4 in one week (Wake Forest, UVA, VCU in Richmond, then UNC in Chapel Hill), and I nearly drove my car off the road because I was so tired at the end of it. Also, I know that you said that the city has a lot to do with it, but trust me on this: tell her to go to the best PROGRAM for her, even if it's not the most desirable city...where you train means a lot in terms of your opportunities down the road. PM me if you (or her) want any more info.

Ary, dude, I appreciate it more than you know and I KNOW I'll hit you up for info at some point. I'm the one trying to take care of travel situations so she can worry about the interviews, I'm calm on the outside but a wreck on the inside. This is what we've been working towards and now that its here its quite daunting, I'm only glad I decided not to coach this year to help her with all the setup, I won't be able to go with her to many, but the LONG trips I'm going to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back