B330-rx vs Q-star

Aussie Bomber

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys,
Since both these balls are aimed at the mid-high handicappers (me).They have my attention. I have been playing the b330-rx for about a month now and find it quiet good.I find it much straighter off the tee compared to other balls i have tried, and a great feel off the irons,wedges and putter.I was wonder how the q-star stacks up against this ball? If its simular at $15 cheaper a dozon might be worth a shot. cheers.

Hey guys,
Since both these balls are aimed at the mid-high handicappers (me).They have my attention. I have been playing the b330-rx for about a month now and find it quiet good.I find it much straighter off the tee compared to other balls i have tried, and a great feel off the irons,wedges and putter.I was wonder how the q-star stacks up against this ball? If its simular at $15 cheaper a dozon might be worth a shot. cheers.

Completely different ball. One is a 2 piece ball with a surlyn type of cover. THe other is a 3 piece ball with a urethane cover. While the Q-Star to me is one of the best non-urethane covered balls out there, it is still going to be completely different than the RX.

Both of these golf balls have huge threads with tons of great feedback as well.
Check out the Q-Star thread as well as the Blind Ball Testing thread for tons of great reviews.

You're in Australia. Have you not tried the VISION ball??

Hey guys,

I agree with JB. Two completely different balls. I've used the B330RX all season after having gone through both a online fitting and a live fitting. The ball is a perfect match for my swing speed and style. I bought a half dozen Q Star's this summer and while I hit them well off the tee and with irons, I did not like them nearly as well around the greens. Just not enough spin for me. I also don't think Bridgestone is marketing the B330RX as a "high handicap" ball. I think their target is players looking for tour ball performance but with a lower swing speed.

I agree with JB. Two completely different balls. I've used the B330RX all season after having gone through both a online fitting and a live fitting. The ball is a perfect match for my swing speed and style. I bought a half dozen Q Star's this summer and while I hit them well off the tee and with irons, I did not like them nearly as well around the greens. Just not enough spin for me. I also don't think Bridgestone is marketing the B330RX as a "high handicap" ball. I think their target is players looking for tour ball performance but with a lower swing speed.

Sorry i should have said both balls are aimed at players with a slower swing speed rather then mid-high handicappers. B330rx 95mph and under, q-star 100mph and under off the top of my head??

Less than 105mph for the 330 RX.

I've felt that the B330RX are much softer off the iron face. The Q-Star has great spin around the greens and rolls quite well. Some people have related it to the Bridgestone E-6 it performs just about the same except it is waayyyy better around the greens. It stops when you want to. I think the E-6 would be a better comparison than the B330RX.

The Bridgestone B330RX is one of my favorite balls and I get good results playing it. Long, straight but workable when I need to, and checks up well. The Q-Star plays very similar for me, although I understand the construction is totally different that the 330RX. My swing speed is fairly slow - mid 70s for a six iron - which may be the reason I see similar patters with the two balls. When I say "similar", I do mean similar - not "the same". The Bridgestone ball performs better for me, it's longer and checks up better, but when I play the Q-Star I notice similar characteristics. I've played the E6 and don't really care for that ball. The E6 seems "dead" to me, the Q-Star is more lively, and the B330RX a step above that.

I've felt that the B330RX are much softer off the iron face. The Q-Star has great spin around the greens and rolls quite well. Some people have related it to the Bridgestone E-6 it performs just about the same except it is waayyyy better around the greens. It stops when you want to. I think the E-6 would be a better comparison than the B330RX.

+1 to this, the Q-star lines up more with the E series ball from Bridgestone. The Z-star is more in line with the B330 series ball from Bridgestone.

I've played both and to be honest I think the RX has less side spin or spin in general. The Q Star spins a bit too much for me off the tee but with irons it is a great ball. Very good on distance and really good around the greens.

Spin Q star > RX
Control Q star < RX
Distance Q star < RX (ONLY if you don't slice like me) RX has less sidespin IMHO
Around Greens Q star > RX

I've played both and to be honest I think the RX has less side spin or spin in general. The Q Star spins a bit too much for me off the tee but with irons it is a great ball. Very good on distance and really good around the greens.

Spin Q star > RX
Control Q star < RX
Distance Q star < RX (ONLY if you don't slice like me) RX has less sidespin IMHO
Around Greens Q star > RX

That's interesting that you prefer the q-star over the RX around the greens. Different strokes for different folks.

--
tapatalk

Went to a local par3 course today a bought a sleeve of the q-stars before heading out. I pretty much had the course to my self witch alowed me to play 2 balls a hole. 1 b330rx, 1 q-star. Not sure bout the driver as i didnt get to use the driver, off the irons i have to say they are pretty much the same distance wise, with the RX feeling a little softer and the q-star making a bit more of a clicky sound. In the way of spin for me i can not split them. Pretty much identical, i can not say one spins more then the other. With the putter once again the q-star made a bit more of a clicky sound and felt like it came off a bit hotter then the RX. I now know one is a 2-piece ball and the other a 3-piece. But for my game at the moment they perforem very simular.

Hey guys,

Went to a local par3 course today a bought a sleeve of the q-stars before heading out. I pretty much had the course to my self witch alowed me to play 2 balls a hole. 1 b330rx, 1 q-star. Not sure bout the driver as i didnt get to use the driver, off the irons i have to say they are pretty much the same distance wise, with the RX feeling a little softer and the q-star making a bit more of a clicky sound. In the way of spin for me i can not split them. Pretty much identical, i can not say one spins more then the other. With the putter once again the q-star made a bit more of a clicky sound and felt like it came off a bit hotter then the RX. I now know one is a 2-piece ball and the other a 3-piece. But for my game at the moment they perforem very simular.

Read over the blind ball testing thread, a lot of great reviews on the B330-RX. I believe quite a few of the testers compared them directly to the Q Star as well.

Back