Are Your Irons Fitted For You

I was fit with the wrist to floor measurement and checked the lie with the board and tape. I am 6'6" so standard length and lie doesn't quite work for me. Both places that fit me came up with +1.5" length and 4° upright on the lie. I have been hitting them pretty good, but I want to go for a more thorough fitting - preferably at a Taylormade Performace Lab.

no mine are not set up for me.what i have done is fitted them with different shafts that have made a world of difference so far.the plan is to get set up so i know exactly what i need.probably do this next year.

Yep. 2* upright and plus 1/2 inch (only because I can't quit choking up 1/2 on all my irons and wedges). Fit to KBS Tours X Flex soft stepped. The only thing that upset me is that the fitter and the LM we used suggested I go back to my MX-300's that were laying in my closet while I was enjoying the Z-Stars. I'm not getting rid of them though because I'm in love with these things. Good thing is I love my 300's as well. Now I have two sets of irons fit to me.

Tempo, timing, tapping.

A few years ago at Martins in Myrtle I bought the TM R7's. The sales guy put the tape on the bottom of the club and had me hit a plastic board on the mat. He said I was standard, but looking at ALL my divots they are toe down. Just trying to decide if I should drop the cash on the TM lab?

A few years ago at Martins in Myrtle I bought the TM R7's. The sales guy put the tape on the bottom of the club and had me hit a plastic board on the mat. He said I was standard, but looking at ALL my divots they are toe down. Just trying to decide if I should drop the cash on the TM lab?

I didn't get my last set fitted (I'm 6'4" and tables put me between + 1/4" & 1/2" & should be bent based on board and tape), however; when I buy my next set in December, I will go to no less than GolfTec and have considered the TMPL if I narrow it down to a TM product. I usually play clubs for an extended period of time and figure that if I use a set for a few years the $350/$400 for the TMPL isn't that expensive in relation to having a set of perfectly fit clubs; which I've never had, even if it meant putting off the new set until I could afford both TMPL & clubs.

I didn't get my last set fitted (I'm 6'4" and tables put me between + 1/4" & 1/2" & should be bent based on board and tape), however; when I buy my next set in December, I will go to no less than GolfTec and have considered the TMPL if I narrow it down to a TM product. I usually play clubs for an extended period of time and figure that if I use a set for a few years the $350/$400 for the TMPL isn't that expensive in relation to having a set of perfectly fit clubs; which I've never had, even if it meant putting off the new set until I could afford both TMPL & clubs.

Yea I am really not bothered by the price especially with all the equipment they use to get you set up perfectly. Its more of a finding the time to do it. I have a Golftech about an hour away as well. The TM lab is about 2 hours away, I am buying something in October.

Yes I had them fitted.Went to the shop to buy Ping and came out with Nike Slingshot's +3 up right 1" on the shaft. Think it's been 5~6 years was thinking of going back to see if anything has changed on the fitting with small changes in my set up. Has anyone else had to get refitted with changes? Hate to throw $$ away if I don't have to.

Yea I am really not bothered by the price especially with all the equipment they use to get you set up perfectly. Its more of a finding the time to do it. I have a Golftech about an hour away as well. The TM lab is about 2 hours away, I am buying something in October.

I'm a firm believer in 1 bad shot, mistake; 2 bad shot, me; 3 bad shot MUST BE EQUIPMENT :laughing:....but more seriously, golf can be difficult enough, why not go ahead and make sure everything is "right" and then work on getting better. I certainly don't need ANY help getting (in the words of my little girl) worse(r).

I've been fitted for my last 3 sets of irons. I would never buy a set without getting fitted first again. I'm usually standard but it's still nice knowing your clubs are set up for your swing.

My irons were fit for me, everything was standard with an S-300 shaft (Mizuno), what I didn't realize was that alot of OEM's have different specs as standard. I will always get fit, it's the most important thing you can do for your game.

Yes I had them fitted.Went to the shop to buy Ping and came out with Nike Slingshot's +3 up right 1" on the shaft. Think it's been 5~6 years was thinking of going back to see if anything has changed on the fitting with small changes in my set up. Has anyone else had to get refitted with changes? Hate to throw $$ away if I don't have to.

If your swing and setup are basically the same and if you haven't changed yourself dramatically, like put on 50 pounds or lost significant weight, the only thing that might change your club Rx is a slowdown in SS due to age or disability of any kind. I have been hitting the same fit for over 20 years and except for a recent suggestion that I use longer clubs I have not had to change my basic fit in that time.

Both of my sets have been custom fit. Not your standard fitting, but by the gent who invented "True Length Technology". Use Google if you want to find out more information. I immediately started hitting more consistently. Every club is a different length except my wedges, it's just not your standard 1/2 inch here or there.

Mine are fitted to me. I'm standard length, but 0.75 degrees flat on lie. Grip is -1/16 (Aqua) in Pings color chart.

My clubs are not fitted for me. Most of my clubs I buy used, so beyond shaft flex I dont really get into fitting all that much. If I bought new clubs I most definetly would get fitted for them though.

Yes, they are fitted to +1", 3*up. . These day's, I don't see any reason why not too. Most shops will do a free fitting when a set purchase. When your spending the kind of money that irons are, I don't know why one wouldn't.

Fitted for everything except my hybrid and my putter. +2.5˚ upright and 1" added to the shaft. Worth. Every. Penny.

My Nickent were fit to me, but long enough ago that they need checked again. I hope to have the new Adams done in time.

Tap,Tap,Tap

I am standard lie and standard length, but the flex of my clubs is fitted for my swing. I was frequency matched to 5.6 something. Also changed the swingweight to my liking.

No I got them as a starter golfer
And they're forgiving but I could definatly benefit from iron fitting (could gain roughly 10-15 yards in distance and accuracy)

Tappatalk on iPod 8g touch

My previous set was bought off ebay. Just got fitted for new ones, having the right shaft and flex makes a huge difference, at least from the monitor and the first range session. Will definitely get fitted for everything from now on. In fact, I plan to get re-fitted for a different shaft for my driver as well...

my burner plus are not fitted, just bought them off the shelf as a starter set. Didn't know anything about being fit.

Getting fit for the new AP1s when they release in November.

I have been fitted for every club in my bag!! Makes all the difference in the world! Well at least for me it did!

all of my clubs are custom fitted except my vokey wedge which i bought off the shelf but i did do a bit of research before buying. i got my swing checked (steep attack angle and more of a digger) found which bounce would suit my swing

Back