Miyazaki Use On Tour - Update

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Ryan H is back with an update to his article earlier in the year about how a young shaft company is getting used at the highest level. The update is quite interesting. Check it out.

http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=14666

Great update Ryan. I just bought a Kusala Silver for my driver, looking forward to a little higher ball flight and more consistency. Miyazaki is really coming along, its only a matter of time before big name non-cleveland staffers add them to their bags.

Good info and I venture to say that we continue to see growth and more wins for them. It was also neat to see a younger guy like Keegan bringing some love for Cleveland and Miyazaki to the winner's circle this year!

• Admin
Great update Ryan. I just bought a Kusala Silver for my driver, looking forward to a little higher ball flight and more consistency. Miyazaki is really coming along, its only a matter of time before big name non-cleveland staffers add them to their bags.

That is starting to become the trend, however at the same time, there are hurdles of course. Companies like TaylorMade and their tour van are not going to put a shaft in one of their drivers that does not feature their graphics if they can help it. But as we have seen with FJ, Streelman, Lovemark and others. If the performance is that good, people find a way.

That is some awesome stats there Ryan. Thanks so much for researching all this great information. I do love Miyazaki shafts and need to bag one down the road.

Nice to hear Miyazaki is getting the recognition they deserve for such an outstanding product. Great job and thanks for bringing us the information. I really wish this product was more available to fittings in my region. It helps that they are coming stock in the Cleveland offerings, but actual fittings for a wider assortment of manufacturers would, IMHO, take this brand over the top for the regular consumer. I simply made a guess with the one I bought for my R9 driver and it completely changed that driver from average to awesome.

Good read. Happy to see Miyazaki doing well. Never hit one of their shafts, but I'd really like to sometime.

I've never hit one, but a lot of the members here rave about it and IMO may have been the driving factor of the Mashie's success here too!

Good read, I like my 2 miyazaki shafts. Hope they continue to grow

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Miyazaki is definitely a company on the rise. The increase of Tour players using their shafts is very impressive. It's going to be interesting to see how the success on Tour carries over to next year, and how many pros will be switching to Miyazaki in 2012.

I do think that Miyazaki will always be at a disadvantage as far getting play from other OEM staffers, but it is helpful that they have the SRI group of professionals to work with. Either way, I think the numbers are pretty amazing when you look at the fact that these were just really introduced to consumers in the US at the 2010 PGA show.

I do think that Miyazaki will always be at a disadvantage as far getting play from other OEM staffers, but it is helpful that they have the SRI group of professionals to work with. Either way, I think the numbers are pretty amazing when you look at the fact that these were just really introduced to consumers in the US at the 2010 PGA show.

This is just mindboggling! That's some serious growth all things considered there... good luck to them. I'd love to give them a ride in my metal woods without a doubt!

Very interesting. Thanks for the update!

Great article there Hawkster! Impressive growth number from Miyazaki! Can't wait to see what 2012 brings for them!!

Ryan, great update. I hope these continue to find their way into pros bags.. I think until more OEMs pickup these as stock or upgraded offerings that we wont see a huge jump, but for instance if TM had them as an option in their next R driver we would probably see them flooding the PGA.

Ryan, great update. I hope these continue to find their way into pros bags.. I think until more OEMs pickup these as stock or upgraded offerings that we wont see a huge jump, but for instance if TM had them as an option in their next R driver we would probably see them flooding the PGA.

There will not be too many OEMs that can pick these up as standard. The cost is just too high. This is in most cases a $250 aftermarket shaft. The only company that can swallow that number is Cleveland because they are both owned by the same parent company.

Very good read Hawk, I've played 4 different Miyazaki shafts and loved them all including the c kua that I have in my driver now. Glad to see that they are starting to make some bigger in roads on tour.

There will not be too many OEMs that can pick these up as standard. The cost is just too high. This is in most cases a $250 aftermarket shaft. The only company that can swallow that number is Cleveland because they are both owned by the same parent company.

Ok I understand now. JB I read what you said earlier about companies not wanting to fit their pros with these shafts, but if some guys are doing it its obviously not "outlawed." With that being said do you think we will see more and more of these heading into next season?

Ok I understand now. JB I read what you said earlier about companies not wanting to fit their pros with these shafts, but if some guys are doing it its obviously not "outlawed." With that being said do you think we will see more and more of these heading into next season?

No question about it. More and more tour players are jumping on them by the month. Based on Hawk's article, the growth is pretty staggering considering where they were just last year.

No question about it. More and more tour players are jumping on them by the month. Based on Hawk's article, the growth is pretty staggering considering where they were just last year.

So cool to look in on and read about too.

Thanks Ryan! Excellent writeup. I know I for one have really loved the performance of the Miya's I've had the chance to try, so much so that I nabbed a Black LAST NIGHT!!!

I have never really thought too much about what shaft was in my woods/hybrids but seriously these Miyazakis have just been incredible for me. I ended up pulling the shaft from my 310 to use in my R9 because I loved it so much. I cant wait to see what comes out in the future from them.

What an awesome update to your earlier article Hawk!

Other OEMs may not be able to put them in as standard shafts, but wouldn't other OEMs be able to offer them as upgrades? For example, I've had shafts from Mitsubishi and Matrix in TaylorMade woods that have a retail price higher than the Miyazaki shafts, so it can't just be cost as the reason that other OEMs don't have Miyazaki as options. People on here and others that follow golf closely know about Miyazaki, but the next step is to get these shafts into more OEM's equipment and fitting carts so that more people can have access to them.

Other OEMs may not be able to put them in as standard shafts, but wouldn't other OEMs be able to offer them as upgrades? For example, I've had shafts from Mitsubishi and Matrix in TaylorMade woods that have a retail price higher than the Miyazaki shafts, so it can't just be cost as the reason that other OEMs don't have Miyazaki as options. People on here and others that follow golf closely know about Miyazaki, but the next step is to get these shafts into more OEM's equipment and fitting carts so that more people can have access to them.

Of course they would, but will they? That is the question. It would be a rare step to have one OEM offer an upgrade that was made by one of its competitors (generally speaking).

Back