Bridgestone J40 Wedge Review Thread

good stuff jake! I have a huge man crush on these wedges right now

nice Jacob! I think wedges are def a confidence thing. It sounds like your started to gain some with these. Keep it up buddy

I noticed this as well and I must say I really like it. But it is a drastic difference from my irons!
Yeah at first when I took them out it didn't really dawn on me, then my previous round with them it didn't hit me nearly as much as today, first hole I was like....yeah that's what it is. I know that once I am more used to it I'll love it but it did cause a few chunky chips today for sure. To finish with 2 of the best wedge shots I've hit all summer was good though!

Do you think the weight has something to do with the difference in shafts?

good stuff jake! I have a huge man crush on these wedges right now
They are gorgeous for sure. I thought the JAWS looked nice when I got them, but these babies are just top notch. Looks wise they blow anything away as far as I'm concerned.

nice Jacob! I think wedges are def a confidence thing. It sounds like your started to gain some with these. Keep it up buddy
Yep, confidence with the wedges produce TC and JB type short game...those guys can wedge a dagger into an opponent with wedge. Imagine how cool I'd be if I could do that!?!

good stuff Jake! I like wedges that have a little heft to them and these sound like they are the same way. love the initial thoughts buddy!

Do you think the weight has something to do with the difference in shafts?
Perhaps, I'm not 100% sold on that though because I have a DG Spinner in my CG15 and I don't remember the head weight being that dramatic. I haven't touched that wedge since the Morgan Cup so I'll go pull it out tonight and compare. There might be something do that though because the JAWS have S300 shafts in them which are heavier shafts...not sure what the spinners are compared but I'll find out.

Jake, I liked the picture of the little boy holding the big trophy better.

Great review Jake. I have a funny feeling these wedges are going to break some hearts at MC 2.0!!!

Agreed.

I'm also very pleased to hear Jake say that the head feels heavier then usual on these wedges. I love when the wedge head has some extra heft to it so you can feel it all the way through the backswing to know when you hit, 1/2, 2/3 or 3/4's. Make's the touchy shots much easier IMO.

Agreed.

I'm also very pleased to hear Jake say that the head feels heavier then usual on these wedges. I love when the wedge head has some extra heft to it so you can feel it all the way through the backswing to know when you hit, 1/2, 2/3 or 3/4's. Make's the touchy shots much easier IMO.

Every wedge I have has at least 2 pieces of lead tape on it to make it heavier, with few exceptions.

Very nice wedges, clean simple design. I'm glad to hear that the glare is not bad with these since they are shiny looking. The heavier weight has me interested also. I find a light wedge to easy to get flippy with. Are the spinner shafts stock? I will be looking at all the Bridgestone equipment this weekend to familarize myself since they have joined MC II.

^^ Spinners are the stock shaft in these.

Very nice wedges, clean simple design. I'm glad to hear that the glare is not bad with these since they are shiny looking. The heavier weight has me interested also. I find a light wedge to easy to get flippy with. Are the spinner shafts stock? I will be looking at all the Bridgestone equipment this weekend to familarize myself since they have joined MC II.

^^ Spinners are the stock shaft in these.
Yeah what he said. Spinners are stock, that is awesome if you ask me.

Did I see Sneds pulling these out of his bag yesterday and today? Oris it just me?

Tempo, timing, tapping.

Lots of great wedges on the market. Wouldn't have even thought about these without the review, but now I'm excited to check them out!

BG clubs make me wish my name started with a "B". The markings on them are really cool.

These wedges have a great sound to them from the vids.

Yep, confidence with the wedges produce TC and JB type short game...those guys can wedge a dagger into an opponent with wedge. Imagine how cool I'd be if I could do that!?!

Keep it up and you'll be there soon buddy.

These might be the best looking wedges I've ever seen. I want them in LH

Sometimes simpler is better, and in this case simpler is much better :clapp:

When do these things hit stores (in Canada)?

Alright today I went out for a quick 9 basically to get some work in with these wedges, I grabbed some video for you. It worked out well because I was just a bit off with my iron shots so I had 4 opportunities to use the J40 from off the green (1 from sand but battery in the Flip was dead) and I actually saved par all 4 times. The 52 degree wedge shot from the fairway in the video lead to a 2 putt par as I didn't get the shot nearly as close as I had hoped from just 90 yards or so but pars are good. Earlier in this thread I commented on how the J40 wedge has a little heavier head and it was throwing me off yesterday, today I had no such problems and managed to hit some really nice shots with them. Check it out.

Same! I would love to see many Bridgestone clubs in lefty, but these especially. And great vid P4B! Really enjoying this review!

Hi, Jake. It's Hawk.

That video ruled. Worm cam rules too. Some good shooting there, buddy!

Back