Happy with your Bag?

Getting there. I'm still planning on getting new irons next season, but I have learned so much this year since joining THP, especially about clubfitting and how important it is. I've been fitted for a new driver, bought a new putter and had my irons adjusted. It's really too bad the season is practically over here as I was just starting to play my best golf.

I'm pretty happy with my bag. But I don't think you can ever be 100% happy with things when you spend any amount of time on this site. For instance, I LOVE my Mashies. The last 3 rounds with them, I've missed a total of 2 fairways when teeing off with Mashies. YET I still sit and ponder the A12 hybrids due to the amazing success the testers are having. Its ludicrous I know, but here I sit pondering.

And there's probably not a golfer alive who doesn't ponder a different driver. And while I really like my irons, I can't help but ponder the new R11s and the added forgiveness they would afford me, or the SCORs for the wedge game I can always improve on.

In other words, I guess I'm not as happy as I thought I was before I started typing this.

Never. But I must say that this is the closest to 'happy' that I've ever been and it definitely shows from the lack of posting in the 'what golf stuff did you buy today' thread.
Exactly what I was thinking. If your answer to this thread is "Yes, I'm happy" then you better leave this site or you'll quickly find something that needs upgrading!! I'm content with my bag today but tomorrow is a new day.

My wife tells me I am attempting to single-handlily keep the economy going with my frequent golf equipment purchases, HA. This is truly a great forum to get honest and (I think, more importantly) "applicable" feadback on potential equipment purchases. One thing I am currently unhappy with is my actual bag. While I like the bag, it is beat up and a little heavy compared to what is available today. It is about 4 years old, so I'm about due. I will be purchasing a replacement within the next 6 months.
I am thrilled (right now) with everything else in the bag. I will buy a couple wedges 56 and 60 to add to my collection. I tend to beat them up and hate looking in my bag and seeing all the dings and dents. My 60 has a nasty chip right on the sole from hitting a rock hidden under the first cut of rough, about 5 yards off the fairway.

I am extremely happy with my bag. Everything is new this year except my putter. I almost replaced that a few weeks back. But since I've threatened it with buying another one, it has been acting a lot better lately. However, if it starts acting up again, I will definitely be going after a GHOST!

It took me a while but I'm pretty happy with my bag now that I can swing relatively pain free. My scores have been pretty consistent over the past month or so and feel like I'll be going into the last few months of golf ready to finally challenge the 80 mark

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

After the overhaul I made since the last outing I can say I am very happy with my bag now. I really do not see me changing much over the next few years (yea I know). I might tinker with a new driver or check out a new putter but the core items ( irons, hybrids and wedges) are pretty firmly cememented in the bag. Hmmmm maybe a new bag? Now that is possible!

I am still working on mine. I need to decide a couple of things. One, if I am going to switch away from the MP32s to an easier club to hit or not. Every time I think I need to make a change I go out and shoot 74 or 75 hitting 12-14 GIRS and the urge goes away until I hit some stingers on the range again or have a day when I only hit maybe 6 GIRS like last weekend, then the doubt creeps in. When they are good and I am on with them they are fantastic clubs, I just don't know if I can practice enough any more to keep them sharp. I have hit some really good irons lately at demo days and elsewhere and really just need to decide once and for all what I want to do. I am also changing my set as far as what clubs I am going to carry all the time. I think I am going to go with only 3 wedges from now on (PW, SW, LW) with a 47 PW a 54 SW and 60 LW I think I can cover myself for all but the 100 to 120 range, which I think I can do with a choke down on the PW. I can hit the 54 to 100 and I can hit the LW to 80 with a normal swing. I am pretty good with 1/2 and 3/4 shots so I think I can cover any gap between 47 and 54 OK with several clubs. By dropping a wedge (I carry a 47PW, 52GW, 56 SW and 60LW right now) I can add in another hybrid at 21 or 22 deg to go with a 3W and 4 through 9i or add in a 5W for the long game depending on where I am going to play and from what tees. Right now I have every gap covered except the gap between my 19 hybrid and my 4i and between my 3W and my 19 hybrid, the gaps are at least 25 yards between these clubs. Depending on where I am going to play and what tees I play from I will need to fill those gaps, then again I might just stay with 4 wedges most of the time.

Reflecting last night after putting the Miya Black in the ML4...I think I'm happy with everything but the BAG itself, starting to get a little worn down, she'll make it to Christmas though methinks.

I had to think about this for a bit and I think I am prettyhappy with the whole set-up. The Irons are still pretty new to me so I needsome more time to get them dialed in. Same with the putter very different stylethen I am use to and will take a while to get use to but it rolls pretty goodjust need to be with it more and gain more of a feel with it.

Now that doesn't mean that I won't hold open auditions withanything that comes by and perks my interest but it would take a lot to get itin the bag at this point.

I really like mine right now, but it will change.

I like my bag...BUT

I wouldn't mind different irons.
A R-11 driver to match the wood
and a different wedge set.

I'm happy but I could be happier lol. I'd say if I had the money I'd overhaul the driver, 3w, hybrid and bag. Still new to the game so until I get a good fitting I'm not spending anything else.

My bag is set to improve considerably, but the UPS guy is late, and it's driving me crazy.

My bag is set to improve considerably, but the UPS guy is late, and it's driving me crazy.

My fedex guy showed up yesterday and the gf was home...he says "Wow you must like golf" I guess maybe I order too much? LOL

I'm as close to becoming a Titliest Snob as ever...Just ordered the new AP2 712's along with a couple Vokey SM4 Wedges. Gonna have a full Titleist bag this winter. I am not an Elitist really...:bashful: But I do like Titleist clubs even though there is not a lot of love around here for Titleist.

I'm as close to becoming a Titliest Snob as ever...Just ordered the new AP2 712's along with a couple Vokey SM4 Wedges. Gonna have a full Titleist bag this winter. I am not an Elitist really...:bashful: But I do like Titleist clubs even though there is not a lot of love around here for Titleist.

The thing is YOU being happy with your equipment and not worrying about what others think. You got to play with what works for your confidence!

good for you man, I really dig some of Titleist equipmant and I would game it. I do hate that they dont participate here. So, I think they kind of set themselves up to not be talked about here.

I also hate that they don't participate here. Truely a shame.

Ole Gray - I've never heard you talk about your Titleist Driver! Do you like it? JUST KIDDING...:banana: I am developing more confidence everytime I play my D2. I just step up to the box and hit it down the middle every time. It isn't the longest driver I've owned, but I am LOVING the short grass.

I have a brand new Callaway X-22 bag and I love it! It's a stand bag, I found that it holds a bunch of equipment! I'm steadily upgrading clubs as my game improves. However I'm pretty happy with the selections I've made so far.

I am fairly happy. I love my driver and fairway woods, but am buying a hybrid soon.
I love my irons too. The only thing I am not satisfied with is my putter, and my wedges are getting old.

I also hate that they don't participate here. Truely a shame.

Ole Gray - I've never heard you talk about your Titleist Driver! Do you like it? JUST KIDDING...:banana: I am developing more confidence everytime I play my D2. I just step up to the box and hit it down the middle every time. It isn't the longest driver I've owned, but I am LOVING the short grass.

haha yea I do love it for sure. It is the straightest driver I have ever bagged for sure. The only problem I have is when I try and overcook it trying to keep up with the young bucs and pull it left. I could go with a stiffer shaft and swing hard at it but my old back just want let me get out of bed the next day.. It is an awesome driver if you swing in tempo it will do the work for ya.....

That is my exact same miss with the club. Once or twice a round, dead pull when I am really trying to jack one. OTher than that, I am usually splitting the fairway with it.

For now I am, but nothing is completely safe in my bag. I'm going to keep putting them to the test, lest they grow complacent.

Back