Morgan Cup 2.0 - Is Official

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are so excited about the three companies that have stepped up to make the Morgan Cup 2.0 the greatest event THP has ever put on. As always, a company being a sponsor in something this large, they need to see a return on investment and we are so thrilled that Callaway saw that.

Well there is absolutely no doubt in my mind and I'm sure many others' that it will be the greatest THP event ever!

We are so excited about the three companies that have stepped up to make the Morgan Cup 2.0 the greatest event THP has ever put on. As always, a company being a sponsor in something this large, they need to see a return on investment and we are so thrilled that Callaway saw that.

Its all because of what a great job all of you did with the first one! THP is such an amazing place and I am so happy that 3 great companies are going to give their support to us.

I actually have one question since I wasn't around for most of the inaugural MC: how were the fittings for the clubs done? I get that they were tour-style fittings, but where were they done if there was no performance lab near someone? Thanks!

I actually have one question since I wasn't around for most of the inaugural MC: how were the fittings for the clubs done? I get that they were tour-style fittings, but where were they done if there was no performance lab near someone? Thanks!
I wasn't there, but I assumed the participants got the clubs made to the specs they told the OEM's, then possibly checked them on their own at a clubfitter.

That was up to the golfer for the most part. Some knew their specs, some went and got fitted.

Thanks guys. Once they gave the specs to the OEMs, did the OEMs suggest clubs/shafts/balls for them or did the golfers choose what to go with?

Thanks guys. Once they gave the specs to the OEMs, did the OEMs suggest clubs/shafts/balls for them or did the golfers choose what to go with?

You will have to check out the equipment threads from the MC.
And I should tell you that this time around things are going to be a little different.

It was left up to all of the individuals in the event. Some guys went to the Taylormade Performance Labs and Callaway Performance Centers, other guys tested clubs at various golf courses or the THP Demo Day.

My mind is wondering what will be done in terms of shoes for the Bridgestone and Cleveland/Srixon guys. I'm sure that the powers that be at THP have already considering it, and probably have something cool up their sleeves.

And I should tell you that this time around things are going to be a little different.

Okay thanks JB. Will do! And again, more excitement to hear that there will be more announcements to be made!

Edit: Forgot to thank Arydolphin. Thanks to all for the quick responses.

Today has been like going the first round with Klitscho! Bam! Look the other way. Bam! Turn around. Bam! The hits just keep coming!

I'm so stoked that 3 major OEMs put this faith in THP, putting their hats in the ring so far before the event and knowing that THP will provide them with an unique marketing opportunity....as well as them offering an equally unique opportunity to members of THP. The smart guys are saying this idea has legs and could run big time. That says something. For a company to return again shows just how well thought out the initial plan was, and just how much work is going in to move this to another level. So impressed even at this early stage.

I love different. Not like...look at that tranny, thats different. But, different like unknown.

I'm interested in how the competition will be set up. Two teams of twelve seems the most straightforward, yet maybe a wrench in the monkey works could make things exciting.

Kevin

Okay thanks JB. Will do! And again, more excitement to hear that there will be more announcements to be made!

Edit: Forgot to thank Arydolphin. Thanks to all for the quick responses.

No problem, just trying to help out. I wouldn't want to get called out as a Taylormade guy from MC 1.0 that wasn't posting very much. :alien:

I love different. Not like...look at that tranny, thats different. But, different like unknown.

Wow, I'm not even sure what to say after a comment like that! Although I think that different will probably mean better than in the past.

You are on fire today T. Funny stuff!

Holy crap dude. This had me cracking up!

I'm interested in how the competition will be set up. Two teams of twelve seems the most straightforward, yet maybe a wrench in the monkey works could make things exciting.

Kevin

It has already been said that it would not be 2 teams. Each company involved should have a team captain that they sponsor.

No problem, just trying to help out. I wouldn't want to get called out as a Taylormade guy from MC 1.0 that wasn't posting very much. :alien:

Eye roll. Its amazing how many times this comes up for all the wrong reasons.

Kevin

Interesting thought One-T. I think a lot of us like the second kind of different more than the first.

I agree with you Esox. I would think that the competition would be 12 v 12 with 4 of each companies' staffers on each team. I hate trying to predict what JB and GG will do though because they always seem to pull something great out of their sleeves! Love it!

Edit: Whoops didn't see JB's post. 3 teams is also a good way to do it!

Let me say this again. We have said that the competition has 24 golfers. We have said that each of the companies is sponsoring 8 guys again. And we have said that each company involved will get to sponsor a team captain. That all says there will not be 2 teams.

3 teams will be interesting to see how that all works out. The only 3-team event that I can remember is the 3-tour challenge that happens during silly season every year, and that's a stroke play event, not match play. If THP can work out how a 3-team match play event would work, I think that would be great, because then the LPGA could take notes to get the rest of the world involved in the Solheim Cup with a 3rd team!

Let me say this again. We have said that the competition has 24 golfers. We have said that each of the companies is sponsoring 8 guys again. And we have said that each company involved will get to sponsor a team captain. That all says there will not be 2 teams.

Just use that in update #2 JB, just for some of the laggers, I think it'll be cool seeing three different teams and 3 different brands. It'll make it bigger for everyone involved.

Amazing how a thread that is not intended to be funny can have me LMAO.

My sincerest thanks to Bridgestone, Callaway, & Cleveland/Srixon for their belief and support of this event. It will be epic; without a single doubt!

THP HQ's: you continue to blow my mind with everything that you are able to accomplish in & out of this event and I greatly appreciate what you do for all of us forum members!

Tappin' from my iPad!

It has already been said that it would not be 2 teams. Each company involved should have a team captain that they sponsor.

I missed that. Sounds cool. Maybe it could be a model for a Solheim Cup 2.0. Get the "rest of the world" involved like many seem to want.

Kevin

Wow, Great job JB and GG on the hard work. It always pays off and the MC2 looks like a dream come true again.

Too funny man. You could have just said I like 3 teams, but this was so much more fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back