Nickent 5DX Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
It was a great review, JB. I even went to their web site. Love the fact that the women's line is named, "Goddess," but yet again--all right handed.

• Admin
Claire,
I am working on getting a set made just for you in lefty. Put a call in yesterday. Im sure it will go no where. This was a really hard review to write for me, so I am glad you liked it. I would have probably preferred to do each hybrid separately, but they wanted them together. And it makes sense seeing as though the 3DX and 4DX have been reviewed many times already.

see... I read things like this and then when I am at home I feel daggers in my back. My Hoofer is just looking at me, I know he wants a 5DX in there now!

Haha, great review JB!

Reactions: JB
  • Admin
DD,
They would match rather nicely with those Arc Blades you are sporting. Plus they have the green and white colors you like....hehe

exactly what I was thinking... I have some Irish rocket tour covers as well. Unfortunately they are for christmas

sweet action jb. i really liked the review. i think if i could get over the wings, i would really like the 5dx. a huge selling point for low handicappers, like some of us on here, is the feel of driving through the ball. thats reallly something i look for in woods and hybrids

• Admin
This club really drives through the ball based on weighting.

ya thats what i was talking about. how did u like the level 5? is there another shaft similar to it that i might have used before?

I dont know. But i enjoyed the level 5 a lot.

was it like high or mid kick? and how much does it weigh

80 grams and IIRC its a mid kick.

Only hit it twice today on the course but both times the impact is nice. It definitely is longer than my Wilson Staff.

sounds like a winner

I'm really liking what I'm reading on the 5dx. I'll have a couple of them on the way through their 'trade' program.

I'm a bit worried about the Fuji 5 shaft... I will have a ProtoPYPE LO-Brid 85x to put in the 14* if the Fuji doesn't work out and there's always DG X100 for the 20. I'm basically planning on it being soft but I'm really hoping that it will be good. The SR3 experience has me worried...:)

Either way, looking forward to the 5dx. I'm about to a whole Nickent bag for 09 but the driver (L4V w/ Protopype 60x) and putter (Seemore SB1, 46") are safe...

We'll see...

Check out THP TV and see the 5DX in action. We really did not mind the level 5. It gets the ball up quick but overall it worked well.

The shaft in the 5dx holds up better than most stock shafts that I have come accross. I play a 80 gram fuji vista pro x-flex in my 3 wood and a 80 gram speeder in my hybrid and the fuji 5 held up quite nicely. I was able to shape shots and lean on it a bit and it did quite well. Man I cannot believe how hot the face is on this club. I really enjoyed this club!!!!

It makes it easier when you have a swing like amollerud does. If you have not seen it, it is worth a view on THP TV on the front screen.

I'm going to go with the 14* 5dx for a 3w replacement and a 20* to replace the 2/3 iron. Sounds like the shaft may be OK.

Only place I can find one is on TGW.com. It shows the 16th for shipping. Anyone know if big box like Golfsmith or Dick's will have them the same day?

They should have them by the 18th at the latest.

Actually RS, it was the Nickent 5DX hybrids that you used today. Not the fairway woods.

thanks. fixed it....

He hit them like he was cheating. Straight and long every single time. It was not fair.

lol, i just couldnt believe how much better those felt than my Callaway FT's. i didnt think it was possible. but they are simply the best hybrid i have EVER hit, its not even close. i dont even see how it could ever get any better than the Nickent 5DX's. they will soon be in my bag

lol, i just couldnt believe how much better those felt than my Callaway FT's. i didnt think it was possible. but they are simply the best hybrid i have EVER hit, its not even close. i dont even see how it could ever get any better than the Nickent 5DX's. they will soon be in my bag

very nice huh! I was a sonartec man for a very long time... notice the sig! it's out... 5DX in!

Back