What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last Tuesday, I was knocking everything flat-out well (for me) and I was pretty excited, leading into the Georgia outing in a couple weeks.

Today? Well, it was the exact opposite. The only three clubs I could hit were the 54, 58 and the Yes! Ann I just picked up from Matty. With those three clubs, I was lights out. 28 putts. Anything inside of 30yds was automatic up and in. However, the other 11 clubs could have been tree branches and I would've played just as well. I hit TWO fairways. ZERO greens. Good thing those other three clubs were so tight!

Still, ended up 89. Don't know how. It was brutal. But still better than sitting around the house!!:bananadance:

Played Grand Cypress South/East.
Another round and another 80. That is like 4 out of my last 6 rounds with the same score. 42 on the front and 38 on the back. All scrambling. Only hit 4 fairways as I was trying out a different shaft and accessory. The driver just never felt comfortable and while I was not missing horribly bad, I was not hitting the short grass.
You have Dent syndrome. That guy is so consistent in his scores it's crazy.

Shot a 94 (48/46) with 35 putts

Played a local muni today that looked like a wet Beirut. Very soggy conditions that made playing very interesting today. Had trouble hitting fairways today on the front 9 but once I started using my 3w more I found more fairways. Fought a bad slice with the driver today but the mashies managed to get me out of trouble more than once. Ball striking was a little bit better today but I'm still having issues with leaving approach shots from <115 woefully short and right. Chipping and pitching was much better around the greens today which helped. Struggled with the putter on the front 9 and has a couple of 3 putts again but found the stroke on the but burned a lot of edges. Overall I cut down my mistakes compared to yesterday's round but I still have some work to do to get the consistency back.

44/50 94 par 72. 13 putts on the front nine but everything fell apart on the back nine with 23 putts and two blowup holes.

Grrrrr.

80 on a par 71 from 6600 yards, somehow. I played absolutely terrible. My new rain gear works amazing though!

89 today, 86 yesterday...not great but I'll take it. Beautiful weather here.

90, felt pretty good about the irons and woods. Hit 10 fairways, 8 greens in regulation. Greens were unbelievably hard and fast. Like putting in a pool table. Putting was horrendous.

This morning I played pretty well on the front, +2, and had a brain fart on the back, +12. 86

This afternoon I had my brain fart on the front, +10, and got it together on the back, +2. 84

I didn't hit many greens during the second round, but had the spider ghost rolling well. 28 putts thanks to a putting tip from a friend.

John Deere Tappin...

This morning I played pretty well on the front, +2, and had a brain fart on the back, +12. 86

This afternoon I had my brain fart on the front, +10, and got it together on the back, +2. 84

I didn't hit many greens during the second round, but had the spider ghost rolling well. 28 putts thanks to a putting tip from a friend.

John Deere Tappin...

Putting tip? I had almost 40 putts Saturday. Inbox me! lol

Walked, gold tees, 72.2/137. Usually I have the gold tees to myself but had company today. One guy shot 74, the other shot 68, I shot 80. Just not striking the ball well and hitting the driver all over the place. Our fourth played the whites and shot 79 so I was LAST but that's OK, I will be better by the time I get to Blairsville.

79. 39-40 - Really good day off the tee. 7 out of 10 fairways with the driver.

45-42 yesterday in league playoffs. Won my match 7&6. Final 4 this sat :)

tapatalk addict....

96 on a tough long coarse, 6786 yards 129 slope. Hyland Hills which used to be on Golf Digest top 100 at one time. I hadn't played it in over a decade which didn't help since I was alone. Very long rough which kicked my butt all day long. Only 36% of fairways which led to only 28% of GIR. At least I chipped and putted ok. 3 of the 4 par threes were carries over lakes the entire way. Added to the pucker factor on the supposed easy holes.

Playing in Chicago tomorrow. Robert Trent Jones Sr.'s only Illinois coarse. Should be brutal!

Even par 71 at Eagle Mountain. I really killed it out there today. Had everything going for me, especially the flat stick with which I sunk a half dozen 10+ footers. Missed only two fairways and four GIR. Best round of the year, no doubt. I was really hoping to be in the red sitting at par on 15, but I four pars later and I wasn't really that disappointed heading into the clubhouse, lol.

Shot a 94 (48/46) with 35 putts

Played a local muni today that looked like a wet Beirut. Very soggy conditions that made playing very interesting today. Had trouble hitting fairways today on the front 9 but once I started using my 3w more I found more fairways. Fought a bad slice with the driver today but the mashies managed to get me out of trouble more than once. Ball striking was a little bit better today but I'm still having issues with leaving approach shots from <115 woefully short and right. Chipping and pitching was much better around the greens today which helped. Struggled with the putter on the front 9 and has a couple of 3 putts again but found the stroke on the but burned a lot of edges. Overall I cut down my mistakes compared to yesterday's round but I still have some work to do to get the consistency back.
How's your back?

Even par 71 at Eagle Mountain. I really killed it out there today. Had everything going for me, especially the flat stick with which I sunk a half dozen 10+ footers. Missed only two fairways and four GIR. Best round of the year, no doubt. I was really hoping to be in the red sitting at par on 15, but I four pars later and I wasn't really that disappointed heading into the clubhouse, lol.

Very nice round man, that's an impressive score!

Thanks Dawg and I hope you and the wife are having a GRAND old time in Hawaii!!!!! I did not realize that ColtHarris was coming to Blarsville?

Actually Colt and I are playing in Honolulu. lol

tapping and talking from Tapatalk

Played golf with MarcW over the weekend. We played 36 holes on Saturday. The first round was at Sycamore Springs in Findlay Ohio from the tips. Was really foggy. Can't tell you what the front 9 looked like and the fog lifted for the back. So we played the front 9 blind. But I shot a 94. Then we went and played Red Hawk Run in Findlay also. I shot an 88 from the whites there. Both courses were pretty wet. Now I want to play Sycamore Springs again, I know I can do better if I am able to see! We had some fun!

Then yesterday I went and played Valleywood in Swanton with Danny P. I shot an 89. On hole 8, there is a creek that is about 210 yds out. I hit my drive way over the creek. Hit the cart path twice and bounced up next to the green. 317 yard drive, LOL. It flew 265 easy before it hit the path. To the left of the path is O.B! I was so lucky!! But man have I been hitting my driver again!!!!!!

a summary of my 3 rounds from FL

Bad, worse, worser

Round 1-Drove the ball great with the driver, couldnt chip for anything
Round 2-Couldnt drive for crap, 6 penalty strokes, between tee balls and hooking 3 wood and 3 H from deck
Round 3-Round 2 all over again, except here, there was a glimmer of hope, had 4 straight pars at one point until a blowup 7 on a par 3

The only good takeaway was that my non-greenside wedge game was solid for the most part, and that had been something I was struggling with

Played my first round at Southern Dunes GC today. Such a beautiful course, and perfect weather to boot.

Shot a 43/46-89, with 2 birdies. It was a fun day of golf.

better buddy, thanks for asking. Still have some 'pins and needles' in my legs and feet from the nerve damage caused by the ruptured discs but it's nice to be able to do a full turn again. The last round of shots really helped so the docs think I won't need surgery now. I go back in 3 weeks for another round of shots which will hopefully be my last but we'll see. This has been a tough golf year for me that's for sure. Already looking forward to 2012 season.

How's your back?

88 on Saturday. Handicap needs revising down - last three rounds 86, 89 & 88. Happy days! Now if only I could putt...

Last edited:
managed to sneak in 18 late yesterday afternoon. At the time it felt like a rather hum-drum kinda round. Never in any real trouble, missed a few good opportunities at birdie, putting was just okay (I thought). When the dust settled and my playing partner told me I shot 83 (44 / 39) with 29 putts. I thought no way (from the blue tees and it was wet out)!!!! Checked my score on my bushnell and sure enough he wasn't joking. Strange day on the course, because it just didn't feel like a shoot my number kinda round.

Played my first round at Southern Dunes GC today. Such a beautiful course, and perfect weather to boot.

Thats great man! Nice shooting!!!

Nice round Drew!

That. Just. Happened. (tapatalk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back