When you go to a golf store, how much time do you spend there?

DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
I was thinking about going to Golfsmith at lunch today and it got me thinking about how much time and what I do when I am there. Do you ever just run in and grab what you need or are you like me that wanders around the store looking at putters and clubs and usually hitting a few.

It depends on what I am doing.

If I am killing time, I can go in and wander around for a bit. If I am looking to demo something, will be in there for a while. If I need to buy balls, a glove, something like that, I can run in and be out within a few minutes.

I always end up walking around looking as if I've never been in the store before...at times holding the exact same club in my hands that I held just yesterday when I went in for balls or something...wierd...

Generally speaking, I don't go to just wander around; I go in to get something specific. That being said, I usually will make a lap after grabbing what I need to look around and see what's out there.

When I go to GG its easily two hours out of my day. With all the rain lately I go there to putt and get some swings in for practice. I very rarely go in and grab my balls and leave. I grab some balls, putt, fondle clubs, look at shirts on sale, grab stuff put it back and then pay for my balls and leave.

About three times longer than a standard trip to Wal-Mart. Can easily spend a couple hours.

Tap,Tap,Tap

I used to spend a lot of time there pre-baby. I don't seem to have the time like I used to. If I do get the chance to make it to a golf store, I end up spending about a hour or two there.

.......I grab some balls, putt, fondle clubs, look at shirts on sale, grab stuff put it back and then pay for my balls and leave.

We should go together....I do the same thing...I'm waiting for the day they tackle me for shoplifting because they JUST saw me holding 5 items and now my hands are empty!

My wife HATES'S going to a store anywhere near a golf store. She knows I'm going to spend about an hour and a half in the store just looking at everything.

It really depends on what I'm going in for. If it's balls, gloves, tee ect then it's about 20 minutes because I always get sucked into something else. If I'm just going to wander I usually give myself an hour and if I'm actually planning on buying a new club(s) I don't set a time table.

I go to the Indy Golfsmith & Golf Galaxy a couple of times a year just to see what is new. I might hit a few clubs just for the fun of hitting but I rarely buy anything at either store outside of clubmaking supplies.

Let's just say that my wife is finished shopping in Target before I'm finished browsing the golf section at Dick's Sporting Goods- drives her crazy !!!

If I go in for a specific reason during the week, it is in and out. On the weekends, I tend to spend more time. The Golfsmith I go to has an outdoor range attached where you can demo clubs, this tends to take 1 to 2 hours out of the day.

For me it really depends on if my wife is with me or not. If I am in a store alone, without a need to be somewhere else I'll likely end up testing a few clubs and browsing around a bit. If she is there it's only long enough to get what I need and get out the door, same goes if I'm just needing a box of balls, glove, etc on my way to somewhere else.

I am always browsing at the store. Whether I need a new glove or balls I still look at a ton of clubs and am at least an hour a visit.

Generally , I take 20-30 mins .I just browse around. Right know I'm just looking at irons.trying to find a certain shape and might have found my only option

I went to Golfsmith a week or so ago and left my phone in the car. I was in there for an hour or so. When I came out to the car I saw that I had 52 missed calls. My wife locked her keys in the care at the bank. I got yelled at a little..lol

I don't go unless I have at least an hour or more to spend. I don't always buy but most of the sales people eventually get to know me by my first name.

Over in the Uk I can browse for a short time, the shops can be pretty small however when in FL on holiday I can spend half a day in Golf Galaxy and Edwin Watts combined.

If my wife is with me I normally stay until she gets a look on her face that makes me think I'll be spending the night on the couch. When she's not with me, I normally stay until she has either called or texted 2-3 times wondering how much longer I'll be.

I was thinking about going to Golfsmith at lunch today and it got me thinking about how much time and what I do when I am there. Do you ever just run in and grab what you need or are you like me that wanders around the store looking at putters and clubs and usually hitting a few.

I like to browse. I hit a 4i or a hybrid here and there. One of the pros who works at the local golf shop plays at my home course and we yap for a while.

Over in the Uk I can browse for a short time, the shops can be pretty small however when in FL on holiday I can spend half a day in Golf Galaxy and Edwin Watts combined.

I don't know how much time I spent wandering around the shops at St. Andrews. It was a good thing my wife was being kept busy elsewhere. Here in Bellingham, WA, there's only one golf shop in the whole town (except for the pro shops at the courses), so there aren't many choices. Back in Dallas there were numerous enormous shops. I miss Dallas.

im a wanderer for sure

If I go in for a specific reason during the week, it is in and out. On the weekends, I tend to spend more time. The Golfsmith I go to has an outdoor range attached where you can demo clubs, this tends to take 1 to 2 hours out of the day.

Totally dependent on need:

Balls, Glove, small purchase; I can get in and out in a hurry.
Small purchase or just a browse; an hour
Large purchase; 2-3 hours

If any of the golf stores had an outdoor range where I could demo, I might as well just get a job there. The only closest experience I had to this was a demo day at the work league course one night. If I hadn't had a tee time, I would've spent HOURS hitting all the clubs.

Back