2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
While the outings are all about fun, the 2012 THP outing is about a competition. Yes that can be fun, but the golf is real just as in the Morgan Cup.

I really hope I can save up the $ for this. The biggest advantage this has over the MC is that there will be more THP'ers there. I have only played with 3 but it was hands down one of the best times Ive had on the course

I'm stoked about the competition! Can't wait for team announcements!!

tapatalk addict....

I didnt think it was. What I was pointing out is that for most people when they travel to an area on vacation to play golf they play at resort style courses and courses that are by most locals considered not all that difficult in consumer play (see Reunion). They are just that, vacation courses. Then when they play at a course like a Grand Cypress South course, they realize just how hard so many of the courses are.

I think that part of it is that the courses are always so well maintained, that you really almost never have a bad lie. I really can't wait for May to come so I can try my hand at Grand Cypress. It is going to be a blast, and I am going to be there for a week just to make sure I can get a round in with as many people as possible.

While the outings are all about fun, the 2012 THP outing is about a competition. Yes that can be fun, but the golf is real just as in the Morgan Cup.

Quoted for awesomeness.

Pressure from competition will just the same as well. Just thinking about it all and reminding myself that I will be on a team next May competing just brought a smile to my face and made my day!

I think that part of it is that the courses are always so well maintained, that you really almost never have a bad lie. I really can't wait for May to come so I can try my hand at Grand Cypress. It is going to be a blast, and I am going to be there for a week just to make sure I can get a round in with as many people as possible.

This.

I'm with yorkem on the whole FL courses seem easier. Every course I've played has been wonderfully manicured and I always have a nice fluffy lie. Makes ball striking that much easier. Not to say that GC won't kick my arse with its greens alone.

Quoted for awesomeness.

Pressure from competition will just the same as well. Just thinking about it all and reminding myself that I will be on a team next May competing just brought a smile to my face and made my day!

Heck both of you guys have low single digit handicaps so you should be drooling for some competition! I am going to be ready for whatever because that is what the Tower of Power does.

This.

I'm with yorkem on the whole FL courses seem easier. Every course I've played has been wonderfully manicured and I always have a nice fluffy lie. Makes ball striking that much easier. Not to say that GC won't kick my arse with its greens alone.

Jeff,
What happens to our rivalry if we are on the same team lol

Heck both of you guys have low single digit TMex handicaps so you should be drooling for some competition! I am going to be ready for whatever because that is what the Tower of Power does.

FIFY!! There is a bit of a difference.

This.

Stay out of the rough at Grand Cypress. If you play fairway/green golf you're good. I cant wait for everyone to play I think its #7 or #8. A really fun par 5...

Stay out of the rough at Grand Cypress. If you play fairway/green golf you're good. I cant wait for everyone to play I think its #7 or #8. A really fun par 5...

oh boy, sounds like no driver off of the tee for me...only fairway it finds is on the wrong hole

oh boy, sounds like no driver off of the tee for me...only fairway it finds is on the wrong hole

You too? Lol. My driver actually been behaving lately

tapatalk addict....

That's ok. You will still have a good lie.

There are some serious golf holes on that course. It's such a great design.

There are some serious golf holes on that course. It's such a great design.

It really is.. whatever team I'm on I just hope people realize this course can turn a low 80's round into a lows 90's round with two bad shots... Its so much fun though!

It really is.. whatever team I'm on I just hope people realize this course can turn a low 80's round into a lows 90's round with two bad shots... Its so much fun though!

Sounds like a normal round of golf for me! :D

Already having seen some photos and video this will HANDS DOWN be the nicest course I have ever played.

This.

We don't tend to get a whole lot of roll out here. Especially in May if the weather's being typical and moist. I don't think the rough would be too bad being a resort course, but you just never know. I can't remember though if the new course is the one they played the LPGA Tour Championship on. If so, that last par 5 is all sorts of cruel.

We don't tend to get a whole lot of roll out here. Especially in May if the weather's being typical and moist. I don't think the rough would be too bad being a resort course, but you just never know. I can't remember though if the new course is the one they played the LPGA Tour Championship on. If so, that last par 5 is all sorts of cruel.

That is the North/South
For the outing we are playing both.

You speak the truth!

That is the North/South

North/South is a great course. I didn't get to the play New Course because they were doing maintenance on it, but for everything I hear its fantastic. Even the East 9(East or West), had some nice holes on it. It was the easiest of the 9 that I played, but still it was no cakewalk.

That is the North/South

Oh man that hole's going to be a tricky one for people. I couldn't believe how elevated that green was and how much trouble it gave the chasers coming down the stretch. I still can't think of what's the better play for your third shot if you can't get there in two (and I definitely cannot)

good thinking, and im one that "always has an opening"

With a draw!! :laughing: Remember??? Mike hits his tee shot and says "Okay ball now draw." Bullfrog watching behind him after about the 10th time of him saying that. Jeremiah says "Dude your ball doesn't draw..." Then you hear laughter...

just talked to my buddy who i played with at a scramble yesterday and he is going down and playing at GC in a few weeks he thinks hes playing both courses. hoping he does some spy work for me for the outing!

With a draw!! :laughing: Remember??? Mike hits his tee shot and says "Okay ball now draw." Bullfrog watching behind him after about the 10th time of him saying that. Jeremiah says "Dude your ball doesn't draw..." Then you hear laughter...

that was old power fade mikedean

new mike dean is a snap hook off of the tee, I dont think the ball is in the air long enough to ask anything of it lol

I need to hold off. Must not buy anything until after demo day. But all these Cleveland threads are killing me

tapatalk addict....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back